Making a GT look like a V6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Making a GT look like a V6

Okay, after my rear ducktail fiasco (which since then has been resolved), I came up with an intersting idea. After my ducktail did not work out, I was going to swear off any further modifications. Even to the point of removing my chin spoiler. I since then have reattached the factory spoiler and a thought came to me.

What if I keep the exterior of my car completely stock, or maybe even better yet, go one step further and make my car appear as if it is a dressed up V6 (all show, no go)? Then I could bait more guys into a friendly race and get a smile when their facial expression shows how bad they were beat. I grant, I do have dual exhaust, 20" wheels and 14" rotors w/red calipers, that may scare a few potential drivers from playing, but I was thinking of taking off all the GT badges, put a V6 front grill, and keep the exterior essentially stock, and let people think I fixed up a V6, then hand deliver their pride to them on a silver platter when I add them to my kill stories. Now my firends and family say I would be playing unfair...what do you all think? Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

you should put the running horse badges on the front fenders. then people will think you have a pony package V6.

1988 Mustang GT not stock. it's NOSty!!! 343 HP 458 TRQ

Daddy's little girl, Shelby Elisabeth arrived on December 8, 2009 at 1:26 am - 8 lbs 8 oz. According to the tests, she is 100% PURE SUGAR!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOSty Pony
you should put the running horse badges on the front fenders. then people will think you have a pony package V6.
Like this? :hihi:

-danny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5674.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	17896   Click image for larger version

Name:	wDSC_5750.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	17897  

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasusphototx
Like this? :hihi:

-danny
That's the ticket!!!! I am really liking this sleeper concept. I am essentially doen witht he 'go fast" mods (except for the supercharger), but I am really liking the idea of not only keeping the exterior stock, but making her appear has a dressed up V6. this could be fun.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
nghtrnnr

thats a fun idea....very interesting...after you beat them keep insisting its only a v6 with a k&n filter....that'll blow their minds:hihi:
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Are you going to chop off one of the tailpipes too? :blowingup:

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
No, I am not going that far. For I have seen V6 Mustangs with dual exhaust. Besdies, the idea is to make a sleep that LOOKS like a V6, not necessarily performs like one. But I would consider putting on a V6 front bumper as well as grill. I do not need to worry about the rockers, for my car is already black.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Okay, after my rear ducktail fiasco (which since then has been resolved), I came up with an intersting idea. After my ducktail did not work out, I was going to swear off any further modifications. Even to the point of removing my chin spoiler. I since then have reattached the factory spoiler and a thought came to me.

What if I keep the exterior of my car completely stock, or maybe even better yet, go one step further and make my car appear as if it is a dressed up V6 (all show, no go)? Then I could bait more guys into a friendly race and get a smile when their facial expression shows how bad they were beat. I grant, I do have dual exhaust, 20" wheels and 14" rotors w/red calipers, that may scare a few potential drivers from playing, but I was thinking of taking off all the GT badges, put a V6 front grill, and keep the exterior essentially stock, and let people think I fixed up a V6, then hand deliver their pride to them on a silver platter when I add them to my kill stories. Now my firends and family say I would be playing unfair...what do you all think? Just a thought.
Ah... the inner workings of a twisted mind Cruel, yes, but I like it.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
S197 Member

You could put the V6 rear fascia on and put a turn down tip on the other muffler to hide it.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
You could put the V6 rear fascia on and put a turn down tip on the other muffler to hide it.
Better yet, go with the pony badges and the V6 rear fascia but use a single rear mounted turbo on your stealth GT with only one exhaust pipe. That would be nucking futs and would really freak out some unsuspecting GTO and SRT8 drivers!

2006 Legend Lime Mustang GT/Manual Trans/some mods(tired of updating) 13.257 @ 109.36 on stock 18 fanblades and stock BGFs wth CAI, tune, UDPs
1967 Lime Gold Galaxie 500 XL/390 4bbl/Toploader
1966 Mustang Coupe/bare metal (rebuild in process-slowly)/engine&trans TBD
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Okay guys, I am glad to see you are all as twisted as I am...I thought it was just me, but you guys are coming up with pure evil ideas...I like them.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Don't forget some greenpeace or NPR stickers, that really gets 'em.

Sleepers out here'll throw on baby on board stickers and car seats for non-existent kids, then bet $50 on the race . ..

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Oh you sick puppy...tell me more. I never thought of the bumper sticker or carseat gig. I guess I could with the classic V6 sidestripes, the dealer side molding and maybe even a dealer license plate frame.
SHELBY GT 500 Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Oh you sick puppy...tell me more. I never thought of the bumper sticker or carseat gig. I guess I could with the classic V6 sidestripes and maybe even a dealer license plate frame.
I wish I still had photos -someone stole all my photos from a storage unit while I was in San Diego. It's why I only have the two photos of my 68 Mustang.

I'll see if I can turn some up online.

There was this one guy in a Gremlin, had the whole sleeper shebang, but he had a built 390 AMX engine it. Had a fake single exhaust (one turned down, one out the rear with the 4 cylinder tip) from the 4 cylinder but he had TWO mufflers on on either side of it to keep it quiet.

Can't find any on Google -but then I doubt anyone would post a pic of a moneymaker like that, it would give the whole thing away .. .

Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,his upper rooms by injustice,making his countrymen work for nothing...Does it make you a king to have more and more cedar?Did not your father have food and drink?He did what was right and just,so all went well with him. He defended the cause of the poor and needy,and so all went well...But your eyes and your heart are set only on dishonest gain,on shedding innocent blood and on oppression and extortion. Jer 22:13, 15-17
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The single tail pipe gets most people... Duals can be V6 or V8... but single always means V6... which is why I will always have a single exhaust on my car... People come up behind me and think, "ah-ha a dressed up V6! Easy prey!" Most people can't pick up the tell-tale whistle from the front of the car... The MRT axle back does a pretty good job of cover up the Vortech... hehehehe...

John - The V6 Apologist

2014 Ingot Silver Vert - MCA Edition

MPT Tuned - BBK Shorties - MRT Axle Back - FRPP 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page