Best Stereo Fit - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Question Best Stereo Fit

I'd like to hear opinions on what other stereos out there provide the best fit to replace the Shaker 500. I've been meaning to have mine replaced for the CD-skipping issue and at the same time to add the fit to allow direct connect for iPod or satellite, but now I'm thinking maybe I just want to replace the Shaker with something else, but I don't want an ugly fit in the middle of my dash. Any pics of installs would be great.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006

Here is what my Pioneer headunit looks like installed.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	headunit.jpg
Views:	12319
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	17898  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
I have been looking at the Kenwood DDX7017 DVD/CD player with a 6.5" video screen. Its a touch screen and looks like it fills the double DIN that the Shaker fills. This radio has a built in dvd player which I dont plan on using but the optional accessories that can be controlled by it are nice. You can get a Sirius or XM reciever that is controlled by the 7017. Also, you can get an iPod adaptor for it that charges and controlls the iPod from the radio. It also will accept the bluetooth adaptor to hook your phone up with. My future phone will have bluetooth capibilities. Other options that the radio will control is a backup camera and navigation system, HD tuner, TV tuner, and cd changers. It also has an option for an aux input for what ever else you want to connect.

One of the things I like about this unit is it has green lit buttons just like the car does. It also dims when the headlights are turned on.

Crutchfield has all of these items, except the bluetooth unit which should come out in the fall. The radio runs $900, Sirius/XM $100, Bluetooth $200, iPod $50, backup cam $200 and the nav unit is about $800.

I think someone in this forum already has this unit and has pictures posted.

Happy hunting!

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006
S197 Member

anything dual-din w/video would look good imo
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Deffinitely check out the Crutchfield site. My friend bought a really nice stereo unit for his f-150 and the trim plate it came with makes the stereo look like it was a factory option. Very clean, and the installation was extremely smooth.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Zrullac
My System

Here is what I did. It sounds awesome. cost about the same as the skipper 500 installed.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ad.php?t=55596

MSgt, USAFR Retired
2006 Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe, Tungsten Grey, Dark Charcoal Int., IUP, AAT, Leather Trim Bucket Seats, 17" 40th Anniversary Bullits w/tri-bar Pony Spinner, TR3650 5-Spd Man Tranny, Wheel Locking Kit, MRT Hood Struts. Pioneer AVIC-D1 Nav system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page