Most horrific case of mustang abuse i have ever seen!! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Thumbs down Most horrific case of mustang abuse i have ever seen!!

man, this guy needs his a$$ kicked. hard! i came across a black 06 GT the other night that was blocking the road. car was unlocked and no one in sight. it wasnt stolen, NCIC came back clear. ignition ok, keys in it. apparently the driver (who i later found wondering around intoxicated) just decided to park his car in the road and take a stroll. well, i open the door to look for owner info and find the interior a total wreck. this is a premium gt with leather, IUP, shaker 1000, auto, the works. first off, trash is everywhere. cigarette butts all over. also, the passenger side leather seat must not have been much use to the owner, as he used it to put out his cigarettes before he tossed them in the floorboard!!! holes were burnt in it all over. the leather on the steering wheel was half torn off, beer, pop, and some type of koolaide drink was spilled all in the floorboard. the backseat look as if someone wiped thier a$$ with it, along with a huge gouge in the drivers side where a tackle box was sitting. the drivers doorpanel was broken where it looked like someone just slammed the crap out of the door purposely until they broke it. well, since the keys were in it i decided to try to move it off the road. it started okay, but when i put the auto in drive and gave it some gas, the car started jerking real hard as it took off, slipping badly. obviously, the trans is shelled. long story short... i end up impounding this poor car and booking the driver in on public intox and for his crack pipe he left in the console of the mustang. (fortunately for him i didnt catch him driving)...

oh yeah, and the car had less than 3,000 miles!!!!!!!!!! $30k car worth maybe 15k for parts!!

poor stang! to those people who dont appreciate thier mustang: if ya want to abuse a car, get a cavalier or something!!

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

I would guess that he didn't have to work for the money that paid for that car.:blowingup:

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

i just dont understand how you could do that to that nice of a car. even if it wasnt a mustang. but especially a mustang... dope makes people stupid...

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
S197 Member

Obviously the guys got problems besides just being a friggin' idiot.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
S197 Member

Disgrace to black GT owners everywhere lol..

I feel bad for the car, I wonder if it 'knows' it is being abused she needs a new home
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

You know, I just can't understand some people. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford my GT as a fair weather vehicle. I just turned 5000 miles and I've had the car 13 months. But even my every day driver, a 2000 F-150, still looks like it was just driven off the lot (although it could really use a wash right now). The point is, I was always taught to take care of my belongings, irregardless of what they cost. Some people have more money than brains.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

What a shame. My cars look great after have one of them since 1989 and just sold it to a fellow who want it for showing. Unbelievable how some people destroy things a a short period of time and then when something is wrong with it the call it a piece of junk.

With only 3000 miles in it, how can the tranny be bad, unles te abuse was so trametic

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
S197 Member

The ONLY thing that guy cares about is his crack.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006
S197 Member

That's just plain awful. AWFUL!! I just fel lucky to be able to have one at all, so it gets washed every Saturday morning just between the crack of dawn and sunrise (so no direct sunlight).

More money than brains is right. When people have to work for something, they appreciate it. GTNOS is the cop, so he can tell us if he finds out more, but I'll bet that guy is more than just a crackhead. He's probably dealing, so he's got money to burn, and to him it's just a car.

And that's the problem - TO HIM IT'S JUST A CAR!

I got an old junker when I turned 16. $800 from a mechanics parts lots. But I had to pay for it, and I took care of it as well as I could for what it was. That was a good lesson.

But, it's not just that guy, it's everywhere with everything. People who don't work for anything can't appreciate it when they have it. Hence the problem of a welfare state, illegal immigration, and every other free handout the liberals in our human society want to give away. I feel bad for people who try and just can't make it for all their effort. It's a whole different story with people who just don't care or have any desire to try.

Crap, where's the step to get down off this soapbox...
MACH I Member

A temporary guest worker? There's people around here w/ ocean view homes, boats 3 cars and are on f-ing Mass. health for their insurance. That's a bigger crime than the crackhead Bob dude.

2005 GT coupe
S197 Member

I use to work at the Las Vegas Airport (McCarran Intl.) as a valet and i've seen 100K Benzes, Beemers, etc.... all tore up! I mean, they buy these expensive cars and they trash them like its a cheap Hyundai! To some people, its just a car and they have the money to replace them and they dont really appriciate that its a nice car, but its only transportation to them. My 06 has 8,000 miles now, and i still get compliments on it because it has the new car smell still. I just know how to take care of cars and i cry at people that trash nice cars.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

this guy wasnt smart enough to be a dealer. i know the dealer type, and i can tell you that they usually have nice cars and keep them immaculate. they also almost always have at least a few grand in thier pocket. he didnt even have enough $$$ to bond on the charges. Public Intox - $140.00 and Possession of Controlled Dangerous Substance Paraphernalia - $244.00. He had to see the judge. He was just some 37 year old junkie who somehow managed to get his loser hands on a helluva nice car and tear it up. dumba$$ is what he is... oh and it wasnt his pipe..... he has been clean for 2 weeks...... yeah, right....

S197 Member

too bad you didnt catch him in his car! all that plus a DUI would hopefully wake him up... but thank GOD he didnt kill someone.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Man, that is a horrible story!! He is just a poor excuse for a human being. Probably some rich kid. Hope he gets a Pinto next! Actually, hope he is off the road for quite sometime!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14” Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4“ Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5“ PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
And that's the problem - TO HIM IT'S JUST A CAR!
Every car I've owned has been "just a car".

That said, my 30 year old 914 runs perfectly and looks like this. My 20 year old 951 is just now going in for its first clutch (154,000 miles) and, aside from some stone chips is in exceptional shape, mechanically it's top-tier. The Mark VIII I had before the Mustang was 11 years old when I got rid of it and when I had it smogged the last time, they tried to wave me through because they thought it was too new to need an emissions check.

My Mustang is my go to work car. It lives outside, un-covered. It gets washed every couple weeks and gets waxed every couple months. It gets everything it needs when it needs it, but I'm not paranoid about people eating in it, I don't spend nights worrying about door dings (still zero, but meh). People always ask me if they are allowed to eat in my car or if I worry about something happening to it and my response is always, "It's a car. They make new parts if something breaks and I can clean it when it's dirty."

It's one thing to respect machinery as a precision instrument. It's another thing to obsess over every last water spot and to get up pre-dawn on a weekend (in the summer here that's around 5:30 am) to wash a car seems slightly wonky. I take care of my things very well, but I bear in mind that they are first and foremost things. If I take good care of them, they will last longer and perform better, which will mean I can enjoy them more, but I'm not about to live and die over a scratch or a water spot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page