Was in a Accident :( - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMyStang
Well sounds like they do not to bother with it. Mama was probally tired of her car and wants a new one (a Stang of course). Hey I guess I would just forget all about it. Was there a PD report written?

According to your post, he/she did not ask you for any money. So, just let it fade away, and if it comes back, deal with it then if reasonable.

Or, do like someone actually did to me. A woman rear ended me while stopped at a light with my blazer, her car hood went under my bumper , she backed up tried to run me down, took off. When the cops got her, she told them I backed up into her. Police did nothing and said it was her word against mine and my wife and 2 babies. She did not even ask if the babies were ok. ?itch - no damage done to mine, her bumper / hood messed up.

Nope they didn't ask for any money allthey said was "well when yo uget back from visiting family i'll call you and we'll figure this out" but there was a police report taken. Though Im a very respectful person i will HELP him pay for the repair....i said HELP...he even stated it was his wife's fault so we'll figure it out WHEN/IF he calls me...if there wasn't a police report i'd just not answer when he called if i was a a$$hole lol.

And yeah they seem like they're good people...and no i'm definantly not PHAT...i'm 19 with a 06 Mustang living on my own...whatta you think? lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Well i was driving down the road and ended up rear-ending another driver. Everyone was safe which is the most important thing. But, now on to the insurance.... No ticket was issued. As i understand this does it mean that no one was seen at fault. Is this correct?
I think there is more to the reason there was no citation, but you have to separate the law and what insurance company says.

I am asking becasue the other driver does not want to forward this to the insurance companies.
They may not want to forward, but if you are going to pay for the damage be sure to get a General Release of Claim for this. These things have a way of coming back and biting you. "Whiplash" is a very strange illness.

My thing is since no one was seen at fault i doubt my insurance would pay for their car. Just my damages.
If this accident were reported and you hit the car ahead in the rear - you bet your insurance company would pay, why wouldn't they? Can it be proven the car in front braked too fast having just pulled in front of you or were they backing up?

Though all that is wrong with mine is the front bumper ain't lookin as pretty as it used to be. So i'll need just a Front Bumper.....they were driving a top of the line 2005 300M. and will need a rear bumper.
These peole are not going to let this slide. Protect yourself and report it. If you can handle the accident by paying all the bills and the Insurance company has to pay nothing, than I think you have a "non chargable" accident - which is a good thing. But, if the company has to pay and is not paid back - than it is a "chargable".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Remy

PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I did a no-no (and learned my lesson) a while back and brake-checked a guy in my Bronco one day for following too close. Needless to say, he hit me then wanted to know why I stopped. Told him he was driving too close to which he said he wasn't and, of course, when I asked how he hit me then, he didn't have an answer. Long story short, the cop didn't ticket either one of us. Said if he ticketed the guy that hit me for 'unassured clear distance', he'd have to also ticket me for something dumb like stopping for no reason (can't remember the exact wording). Anyway, my insurance paid my damages, but they went after the other guy's insurance for compensation.

Not sure of the circumstances here (you say he admitted it was partly his wife's fault), it still might be a good thing to report to your insurance company 'just in case'. It will make you look more guilty if they decide to report it for you before you contact them (had this happen to me - slept in because the accident jarred me up pretty good and my agent calling me about it woke me up - other party just couldn't give me a day to call it in).

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page