A USED '07 Shelby GT500 on ebay - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
A USED '07 Shelby GT500 on ebay

Oh my god...I was shocked when I came accross this 2007 Shelby GT500 with only 600 miles on it on ebay. I can not believe the car is barely even out and there are used ones showing up on ebay. Last I saw, it was going for $54K...a little steep for a used one, heh?

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 180009766896 end time Jul-27-06 16:15:49 PDT)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006
S197 Member

He probably got a deal on it and now wants to make some big bucks. What is nice about some private party sales ...in some states like Nevada, you dont have to pay sales tax during private party transactions.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Its up to $54,100. Looks like the real deal, no reserve - but that last bid for $100 more from newly registered number with no successful bid history looks a bit dodgey.

I would think that the owner would be very unhappy to have to make a delivery at $54k.

Be interesting to keep an eye on it = 4 more days to go...

Predict it goes in the 70's, if not higher.

There's one born every minute...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Oh my god...I was shocked when I came accross this 2007 Shelby GT500 with only 600 miles on it on ebay. I can not believe the car is barely even out and there are used ones showing up on ebay. Last I saw, it was going for $54K...a little steep for a used one, heh?

eBay Motors: Ford : Mustang (item 180009766896 end time Jul-27-06 16:15:49 PDT)

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

It isnt that shocking........he likes 20 to 30k profit, more than he likes the car....no not shocking at all.:run_over:

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Well, we don't know how much over MSRP he had to pay.

It is near me to... Sad, but it always happens.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member

Cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogpowr
It isnt that shocking........he likes 20 to 30k profit, more than he likes the car....no not shocking at all.:run_over:
If he got the car at MSRP (I hear rumors this has happened, though rare as hens teeth), he paid about $45,000 plus for the car.

If he sells it for $54,000, thats only $9,000 more than he paid.

If he just runs an ad in a big city newspaper, he can probably sell it for close to $70,000.

He's got to be thinking at least that much out of this auction.

tripleblack

"You can never be free until you let yourself go."
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I understand why this guy is selling the car...he bought it with the intentions of making a few bucks on the deal. Not very neighborly (Mustang Neighbor,t hat is) of the guy...here he may have gotton the car for at or near MSRP, then turns around to flip it at high market value...oh yeah, that's fair. Yes, Iknow, we all would probably do the same thing under those circumstances...but still, have mercy. I guess the guy needs to make a buck any way he can.

However, the fact that it is used, would stop me from buying it. For if I were to spend that kind of money on that particular car...you damn skippy better believe I would want to be the FIRST owner of such. That was one of my requriements for my present GT...that I had to be the first owner of the car...hence I did not lease it or buy a "preowned" car.

Most people who ar ebuying the GT500 is doing so for invetment or collection purposes...car is alwsy worth more (all things beign equal) when the owner of the car is the first owner. Not to say that is worthless if not the first owner, just stating that if I were buying it for a collection or investment, I would need to be the first owner
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I understand why this guy is selling the car...he bought it with the intentions of making a few bucks on the deal. Not very neighborly (Mustang Neighbor,t hat is) of the guy...here he may have gotton the car for at or near MSRP, then turns around to flip it at high market value...oh yeah, that's fair. Yes, Iknow, we all would probably do the same thing under those circumstances...but still, have mercy. I guess the guy needs to make a buck any way he can.

However, the fact that it is used, would stop me from buying it. For if I were to spend that kind of money on that particular car...you damn skippy better believe I would want to be the FIRST owner of such. That was one of my requriements for my present GT...that I had to be the first owner of the car...hence I did not lease it or buy a "preowned" car.

Most people who ar ebuying the GT500 is doing so for invetment or collection purposes...car is alwsy worth more (all things beign equal) when the owner of the car is the first owner. Not to say that is worthless if not the first owner, just stating that if I were buying it for a collection or investment, I would need to be the first owner
I agree, if I'm gonna drop even just MSRP, I will be the first owner.

'06 GT Vert Torch Red/Black top/int, IUP, Polished Bullits, , PioneerInfinityMTX Sound System, Tuneable Induction by DeMolet, SCT2 93 Octane Tune by Brenspeed, Red Calipers, Steeda Ultra Lites, Shifted by Hurst,
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
Apprentice

I bet he got it at MSRP. My theory is he is military and bought the car through the AAFES (Army Air Force Exchange Service) while stationed overseas. This is a special program that allows service members serving overseas to get U.S. made cars at special prices. In fact, I would bet that this is the only way you could get a GT500 at MSRP or better as AAFES would get an allocation for them. I remember when the Ford Thunderbird came out a few years ago, I knew a guy in Kuwait that bought one thru AAFES and before he returned to California he had it sold for $20k more than what he paid for it.

2011 Ford Mustang 5.0 GT/CS
Black/Black
19" California Special Rims
Shaker 500 w/SYNC
Window Tint (35% sides, 20% rear)
5.0 Fender Badges
GT500 Axel Back
Apprentice
S197 Member

i thought about doing the same thing for the GT500( i bought my GT in Iraq tax free!) but i just found out that Ford has not alloted the Shelby to AAFES this year!

I was willing to go back to Iraq or A-stan (how stupid am I?)
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:

I believe, any vehicle with mileage under 1,000 can still be sold as a new vehicle, so technically, this GT500 is considered new.

Of course, minus the 10 miles or so from the factory and minus the 50-100 that the dealership probably drove it when they got it, in that first 600 miles, the buyer probably went tearing around the countryside. Even if they were going to sell it, they still wanted to have some fun!

07 GT Vista Blue, Auto, C&L CAI, 3.73 gears, Alternative Auto 93 Tune, 5% Tint, Stripes, 18x9 front/18x10 rears - SOLD

12 GT Black, 6-speed, brembos, 3.73 gears
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyppus
I believe, any vehicle with mileage under 1,000 can still be sold as a new vehicle, so technically, this GT500 is considered new.

Of course, minus the 10 miles or so from the factory and minus the 50-100 that the dealership probably drove it when they got it, in that first 600 miles, the buyer probably went tearing around the countryside. Even if they were going to sell it, they still wanted to have some fun!
I know in CA, if you get a traffic ticket while test driving a new car...the dealer must sell the car as used...and in most cases, the saleman looses his job.

The only way he could sell it as new is if the car is in a state where you can buy a car without registering it. Once a car is registered...it is used, regardless of the mileage.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05GTCB
i thought about doing the same thing for the GT500( i bought my GT in Iraq tax free!) but i just found out that Ford has not alloted the Shelby to AAFES this year!

I was willing to go back to Iraq or A-stan (how stupid am I?)
yeah, but by the time you pay to ship it back to the states..... and dont you have to pay import tax when you bring it into the US???

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page