finally made it to the track :) - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

finally made it to the track :)

1st run was my bad..let off early..14.21 @ 73mph. What thru me off was how good the car took off..I left the tree at 1800 rpm and mashed it right to the floor and it stuck..60ft was a 2.091!

next run I built up the rpms to 2100 and it spun 2.33 60ft but it ran a 13.92 @ 99.40 best run all day

next run I left at 1800 rpm and 60ft was 2.035 but I over reved it in 2nd and 3rd in which it laid down on me but ran a 14.17 @ 94.73

last run I let it shift automaticaly and it ran a 14.090 @91.66....2nd and 3rd shifts were right at 6800 but went into high gear around 6000 and it didnt pull at all on the big end.

thing is this car ran 8.80s thru the 1/8 which in turn should run a 13.70 or so in the 1/4..car just felt like it laid down on the upper end....then again Im used to my 428 Mach..torque monster It ran a best of 13.74 @ 103 but 60 ft was like a 2.2s and 1/8 was a 8.90s all in all I had fun! hadnt raced in a long time..4 years or so.

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
Snackmaster

I get jealous when I read all the "track" posts. I haven't had the nerve to take it to a track yet as I've never been before and I hate bein' the noob.

Do you remember what rpm's you were at when it felt like the power started leaving you? The tune and the 4.10's are all you have right now or did I miss something else?

Sounds like decent runs to me.

Have a good one!
Snack

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snackmaster
I get jealous when I read all the "track" posts. I haven't had the nerve to take it to a track yet as I've never been before and I hate bein' the noob. Snack
Lame excuse! Everyone at the track was a noob at one time. You live less than a hour away from Heartland Park. They have street legals on Wednesdays.

Go check it out. You'll be glad you did. It's more fun than you can imagine. The rush when you pull up to the staging lights for the first time is AWESOME!

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
Snackmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
Lame excuse! Everyone at the track was a noob at one time. You live less than a hour away from Heartland Park. They have street legals on Wednesdays.

Go check it out. You'll be glad you did. It's more fun than you can imagine. The rush when you pull up to the staging lights for the first time is AWESOME!
I hear ya... I really do

You're correct - I'm only about 45 minutes from the track. I just need to find someone to show me the ropes first so I have kind of an idea what I'm doing. I don't want to be the guy in the 06 GT pullin' high 14's due to nerves and have all the imports doggin' on Stangs because of me.

I'll get there eventually.

Thanks for bringing to light my insecurities
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

this was the first time I have ran a car on the track in about 7 years..I go with my brother all the time ..he has a 78 Mustang 11..yeah i know..lol but it runs 10.70 347 stroker..all motor. Anyways..I was nerverous as all get out the first run!! but I was ok from there..hell I even rolled past the tree on my 2nd run..lol....My 1st run was a 14.20 so...that not what I wanted either...no biggie bud..take your time you'll do fine...go one night and watch for a while...peice of cake

I wonder though if the 4.10s hurt me in the 1/4??? not real sure what rpm was thru the traps...6500 atleast.....

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I hear ya... I really do

You're correct - I'm only about 45 minutes from the track. I just need to find someone to show me the ropes first so I have kind of an idea what I'm doing. I don't want to be the guy in the 06 GT pullin' high 14's due to nerves and have all the imports doggin' on Stangs because of me.

That person you want to show you the ropes is at the track. When I went for the first time I went alone and had no idea what to do or where to go or anything else. But I just asked the first guy I saw. You'll find everyone is very friendly and willing to help a first timer.

You know what? Your first run will suck, you'll have a 1 second reaction time, you'll spin your tires and you'll have a crappy ET. And it'll be the most fun you've ever had. By the end of the first evening at the track you'll feel like an ol' pro and you won't be able to wait until the next time.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
I hear ya... I really do

If you lived in Jersey I'd go with ya...I'm still trying to go for my first time too....I'm a virgin at the track.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
Snackmaster

All this support is overwhelming... sniff sniff... :hihi:

Just kiddin'...

Hey MickMach - sorry to turn this thread into a "let's make Snackmaster a man at the track" thread instead of it's original intent. If I can find the time I'm sure I can find someone to help/ nurture me and get me going at the track.

Have a good one all...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

lol If I lived close to ya I'd be happy to go with ya. I went to a test and tune day...My reaction times were way as most of the time I was beside some bad ass car and I couldnt even hear mine run so I let him go on then I would leave...about 2 sec later. Im sure alot of peps got a laugh outa me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page