Received 2 driving awards for....... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Received 2 driving awards for.......

Window tint and smoked license plate covers

Cruz'n down the interstate ...state cop sittin in the median strip outside of his car with his door open watches me go by..I see him get back inside..I looked at the speedo..72 in a 65 but he didnt have no radar...I reached back and grabed my seat belt..just cant get used to wearin it...look in the mirrior and here he comes knowing all along my tint is illegal in Va but no idea the tag covers were....I have my window down and regestration and license ready for him when he gets to my window ..he says to me to roll my window up about a 1/4 of the way..well he reaches in pocket and pulls out this meter and says anything under 50% is ilegal I did think it was 35% was legal but...his machine read 15% and also siad anything altering the plates were illegal too...I didnt say nothin..what could I ? My wife called my eye doctor today and they are writing me a note saying i have sentstive eyes which I do to allow me to run darker tint....this is legal in Va
Its near the end of the month and state boys do have a quota they need to meet but he was just picking on my car I believe????? $116 bucks

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006
S197 Member

Ouch sorry to hear that man. Hope the doctors note works out.. I might try that on mine Hey where do you get your shop work done around our area. Im lookin for a good performance shop in the area.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
S197 Member

I'm surprised he didn't pull out his mirror on a stick and check for your cats. I hear the VA troopers are pretty tough.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Nice, Im headed to VA next week, Ill make note to keep my windows rolled down.:hihi:

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
nghtrnnr

yep...virginias a rough highway....i thought plate covers were a tricky thing...cops in state arent really supposed to enforce out of state cause in your home state it may be legal
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

1st thing I do when crossing into VA is remove the radar detector. Glad its not to far in the border where we go. (Chantilly)

Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I forgot to tell ya I was in the wife's pony car but yeah I did think about if I was in mine....No Cats!! oh well..I'll just have to pay it..I know what I have. The wife called yeasterday to get the price of the tickets...since they both were wrote at the same time ony got nailed for court cost once. It was $30 for the tint and $30 for the plates plus $50 for court cost...It came to $116 with tax I guess..lol

Stoenr..Chantilly isnt far from blk06gt and about 60 miles from me....you may even go right by were this trooper was sitting at??? Interstate 66 just past the Front Royal exit. not sure which way you'll go. either way 66 isnt far from Chantilly

got my note today from the doctor...I'll have it next time

blk06gt I ahve done all the mods to this car myself except the 4.10s shop here in town did that..good bunch of guys dont really know of a good performance shop though.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yeah, I see where 66 comes in at, a little south. We come in from the North, from Leesburg direction down 267 to 28. I'l be on the lookout. Better yet, let the g/f drive at that time so she can get the ticket/s

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006 Thread Starter
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

lol should have let my wife drive her own car last Friday too...she could have gotten the tickets have fun in Va!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page