2006 Mustang Warranty Issues!!!!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

You can find the article right on Ford's website. The way it works is that the news came out from Ford on the 14th of July (officially), so from that day forward they are giving it to all new sales. No matter build date, lot number, etc. Only depends on when they made the press announcement, July 14, 2006

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicfii
How is that a conflict of interest? All that does is put you in the same class as the plaintiffs. What am I missing here?
He has bias towards the overall suit being that he purchased a Ford.

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
He has bias towards the overall suit being that he purchased a Ford.
Were the conflict of interest may arise, not only would I be the attorney, I would also be a client. As stated in this quote, I too have recently purhcased a 2006 Ford product, so a jury could be blinded by my biases. I would no longer be a simple zealous advocate, but I would also be a vested client. Juries are funny that way. The legal systems looks down upon lawyers collecting a fee and reciving compensation as a victim in a civil lawsuit...go figure.

Additionally, I am currently a military lawyer. So a civil suit or a class action suit is outside my jurisdiction. Not that I can not do such a suit, but such a class action suit would be diffficult to do for a solo attorney.

Finally, although I am upset that Ford did not include all 2006 models in their latest promotion, I am not sure they have a legal duty to provide the waranty retrocactively to all '06 models. For customer relations they most certainly should have, but legally, I am not so sure. Anyways, this type of case is outside my current practice area.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedz Pony
You can find the article right on Ford's website. The way it works is that the news came out from Ford on the 14th of July (officially), so from that day forward they are giving it to all new sales. No matter build date, lot number, etc. Only depends on when they made the press announcement, July 14, 2006
Hopefully FMC can retro it back to my 2005.

The 2007 Vehicles (at least the Stangs) began production on June 5th 2006. I believe the last 2006 stang was produced 6/2/06. The new 2007's would have taken an average of 7 to but more like 14 days to hit the dealerships lots for stock inventory or customer orders.

One thing to also keep in mind, that if you make or plan to make engine modifications to you ride, chances are your warrantee would be void by FMC. You all know how that stuff goes.

Is this what you are looking for:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2007-ExtendedWarranty.pdf (39.1 KB, 140 views)

To few to mention, actually to lazy to
01 Jeep Cherokee Sport - Silver (His Daily)
05 Mustang V6 Coupe, 5 sp - Redfire (Her Toy)
06 Pontiac Solstice Vert 5 sp - White His Roadster
07 Mustang GT Vert, 5 sp - Redfire His Toy
09 Hyundai Santa Fe - White Metallic (Her Daily)
11 Chevy Silverado 5.3L ExtCab-Light Gray (His)
Rookie

me too !!! i bought a new 2006 gt on jan 31 2007...they told me the new warranty was for 2007 models...however...their ads on tv did not mention the model year,i will let you guys know after i raise hell with ford on monday...good luck to all of us..the extra miles can save a lot of $$$$
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

http://www.fordvehicles.com/features...ex.asp?id=1540

I had printed this out when I first got my Mustang back on August 24th. Note the "fine" print at the end of the press release. I'll type it here...

Quote:
Includes 2006 and 2007 model year Ford products regardless of the launch date...

A 2006 Model Year Ford vehicle sold on or after July 14, 2006 will be covered by a complimentary 5 year/60,000 mile Ford ESP PowertrainCARE extended service contract with a 100 deductible.

Seems like Ford is saying one thing one minute and another thing the next.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malocchio View Post
me too !!! i bought a new 2006 gt on jan 31 2007...they told me the new warranty was for 2007 models...however...their ads on tv did not mention the model year,i will let you guys know after i raise hell with ford on monday...good luck to all of us..the extra miles can save a lot of $$$$
You should definitely be covered by the extended warranty

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
S197 Member

I guess hindsight really is 20/20.

Extended Service Plans (ESP) are only good when you need it and only if you have it. The problem is that manufacturers have tributaries (statisticians) that caluclate the number of people willing to buy an ESP,what the likelihood of what's covered will fail in the extended timeframe and what the expected cost of the repiar will be. They then are able to calculate what the cost of the ESP needs to be so that they're not out of an money and it actually provides additional profit for them.
V6 Member
S197 Member

I just don't understand why you are so upset about this. It happens all the time.

You should complain you didn't get employee pricing because they offered it a week after you bought your car.

You should complain you didn't get the $500 cash back because they offered it two months before you bought your car.

I bought my 06 in July. I didn't get it becasue it was before the offer started. That's the breaks it sucks get over it.
S197 Member

I don't even know if I have a warranty anymore. When I took my car into the dealership to fix the TSB on the fuel pump hesitation they could not duplicate the hesitation and would not do anything. They also called Ford and told them about my mods to which Ford called me and said it voided my warranty. Such SOB's.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

BS but for the rest of you; find a mod friendly dealer so they know before you get there... if you go to one like the one above (we have one here in Cinci too) and they report your car to Ford you're screwed!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
S197 Member

I don't know why they do that,what do they have to gain by reporting you? They get paid for the warranty work......very uncool.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected View Post
I don't know why they do that,what do they have to gain by reporting you? They get paid for the warranty work......very uncool.
Me neither.
Nothing!
They;re stupid!
VERY!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page