Torch Red Touch Up Paint - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Torch Red Touch Up Paint

So, living in New York City means I have to inevitably deal with people hitting my bumper and chipping the paint.

I have a 2006 Torch Red GT. What kind of touch up paint would you guys recommend to detail little nicks and scratches on the paint?

Or, perhaps a better remedy, aside from keeping it covered (since I street park and drive it daily, that's not a totally viable option).

~Johnny Evil

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

I also have a Torch Red Mustang, and I used to live by NYC. And all my rock chips have come from NY as well, so I feel for ya.

I ordered touch up paint from:

http://paintscratch.com

It takes a bit of patience to get the finished product to be as smooth to the touch as the factory paint(I got the clearcoat also), but the color matches exactly in my opinion. It works better on smaller scratches and nicks. I had some chips down to the black, and they were more difficult to fill in all the way. I think with more applications and patience, I could get those looking better too. This system allows you to remove the touch up paint without affecting the factory paint at all. Good luck!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I just recently went to mylocal Ford dealer to buy touch up paint for my Black Mustang GT. It is a perfect match, becasue it came from Ford with their own paint code. The paint comes in a bottle that has a brush applicator and a ball point pen applicator. Ball point pen applicator works wellf or small chips, while the brush works well for the larger chips. I had filled in one chip on the fend and several on my chin spoiler. I recommedn going to your local Ford dealer to get an exact match touch up paint for your car. The cost was like around $11 for a small bottle.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
I just recently went to mylocal Ford dealer to buy touch up paint for my Black Mustang GT. It is a perfect match, becasue it came from Ford with their own paint code. The paint comes in a bottle that has a brush applicator and a ball point pen applicator. Ball point pen applicator works wellf or small chips, while the brush works well for the larger chips. I had filled in one chip on the fend and several on my chin spoiler. I recommedn going to your local Ford dealer to get an exact match touch up paint for your car. The cost was like around $11 for a small bottle.
My salesman ordered it for me and I got if for free

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006
S197 Member

Touch Up Paints

Also, . . . Just an additional bit of info. Don't be alarmed if you can't find Torch Red Touch Up Paint

The 'Torch Red' color for the 2005+ Mustang is synonymous with the 'Colorado Red' on other Ford products.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-02-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

You guys are the best. I had already figured out that Torch Red was Colorado Red. Torch sounds better. That website looks promising, but I'll give my dealer a call first.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Wtf!

Damn it, I just saw a bunch of fine scratches on the front passanger wheel well surface and they run to the beginging of the passanger door. It almost looks as if someone took sandpaper to her. I got the touch up paint from ford but what kind of preping needs to be done to the car before using this product. Also won't the paint run down since these are vertical areas. Thanks in advance.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page