Anyone know where to get ram air screens? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Question Anyone know where to get ram air screens?

By now it should not be a secret that I just got my California Dream Ram Air hood in today. I plan on taking into the shop to get prepped and painted tomorrow. It will be there for a week. Does anyone know where I can get the screens for the ram air vents for the hood? If so, PLEASE share your valuable information.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006
S197 Member

MOST PARTS STORE HAVE IT You WILL Have To Cut Them To Fit
Or Ebay They Have Them As Well EVEN LOWE'S HAS IT..

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

did you install the screens?..does this cut down on moisture or just bugs?..i am considering rk sports other ram air hood...i remember you had trouble with the first hood, how did you make out on the second...how much to paint/prep..thanks, mike

06 GT PREMIUM Manual, 18's, Hurst billet, Webelectric sequentials, painted 10" stripes, Cervini KR500 hood w/functional ram air kit, K&N air filter, Cervini side exhaust, chin spoiler, hood struts, rear ducktail, quarter panel scoops, and quarter window scoops, Midweat Auto Gear strut tower covers, 1/2 mirror covers, and fuel rail covers. Pioneer touch screeen head unit w/blue tooth, dvd & sirius.Also haves: 1969 Lemans & 1968 Firebird.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
No, I did not install the screen. This thread was starte dwhen I had hopes of fixing the issues with my hood. I never did fix the hood issues, so I did not install the screen. Although I found some nice screens at home depot. If instaleld, they will improve the loks and decresae the bugs and dirt from getting in but not the moisture. I have officially scrapped the enite hood project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page