So today I'm to order my Shelby - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

So today I'm to order my Shelby

First don't take this as a boastful post
Thank you.

OK , purpose of the thread ....I will call in later to order color & options ...SOOOOOO..I'm looking for Opinions on color combinations ...& the few options (Shaker 1000 Vs 500) etc...my leanings are for White w/Blue stripes .

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I like the white with blue stripes but I saw a black one and that is the one I would go for personally. My personal Opinion. I have the Shaker 500 which I think is great.. but if you are getting the Shelby might as well go all out and get the 1000.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
S197 Member

Congrats! I'm also one that's in love with the look of the car. I would probably get the black with the silver stripes as well. Hope you enjoy it are not disappointed in the cars performance because I would say with your current setup you would be very close to showing a Shelby your tailights

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboz
...SOOOOOO..I'm looking for Opinions on color combinations ...& the few options .
Well, if you're going to keep your present car. I think it would be too cool to have a reverse color scheme. A Torch Red with White stripes. Get the red interior option (if available) and Shaker 500.

Of course the stripes that would come on the Shelby are just vinyl. So I wold presume that if you can afford the GT500, you can then afford to have custom stripes painted and use the money that you'd pay out to Ford
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I say go with black or red, since your 05 you have now is white. Mix it up a bit. I had a black truck, gray truck, and switched it to redfire on my mustang. I love the color.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
S197 Member

Coupe or vert? The Shaker 1000 is not available in the vert because it throws the weight outside CAFE limits. Go for the Grabber Orange with white stripes. Gotta have the stripes. I've seen three in person, two coupes and a vert. The one coupe (Torch without stripes) was too plain. The vert was Grabber with a dark gray side stripe only - both were not eye catching enough. Even the black one pictured got lost in the crowd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main Street America 058.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	18591  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
S197 Member

Nice job, but I wouldnt hold my breath for the car. Hopefully you have a great relationship with the salesman and you can trust him. Even then hopefully he or she car trust their regional rep. and after that hopefully the regional rep. can trust Ford.... Anyway, I'm still jealous. Good luck, and keep us posted with your progress.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Don't get the Shaker 1000 if you plan on logging golfclubs...

I guess you have the 1000 now, do you need it? The 500 is plenty for me (retired stereo installer...lol)

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Are you going for the coupe or vert. I would personally go with the coupe seeing that you already have a vert. (A quick one at that). I love the white and blue stripe combo. I saw one at a local ford dealer it was selling for $20K over sticker so I can't afford one. Congratulations and good luck.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Well...I kinda ordered 2 , a White Vert w/ Vista blue stripes & Charcoal interior , Shaker 1000 & Wheel locks were about the only options ( the ordering guy didn't mention any issues w/the shaker 1000 & the vert )

The coupe after much agonizing ...is ....torch red, white stripes with the Crimson & Charcoal intertior also Wheel locks & Shaker 1000 .
I'm dealing direct w/the GM ...personal friend of the owner & employee for 16 years of whom I did a MEGA MEGA favor

Their allocation was for 2 coupes & 2 verts....I'm #2 on the coupe #1 on the vert ....Build time is september ...delivery is October...

Unfortunately I will probably ebay my current wheels

Thanks for all the input !!

I'm sure by this time next year I'll be bitching & swapping for a 2009 Boss 429

S197 Member

The owner of the vert I talked to said he ordered the Shaker 1000 but when the car arrived it had the 500 installed because of the CAFE problems. His dealer may have been blowing smoke because they screwed up the order. Good luck on the purchase and keep us informed.
4.6L Member

If I were ordering, I would try to get something, as close to one of a kind, option wise, but whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown3696
If I were ordering, I would try to get something, as close to one of a kind, option wise, but whatever you get, I hope you enjoy it!
There really wasn't many options ...only the shaker 1000 , wheel locks & crimson red interior...so I ordered the red coupe & white vert with the shaker 1000 & Locks...the coupe I did in red mainly cause I liked red w/ the 2 tone interior & the majority of promo shots have been of the red....I asked for yellow but it wasn't offered . Really wish they'd go back to white interior ...Green was also MIA ...was really leaning towards black w/the black & red interior ...but wasn't sure I'd like either white or red stripes/

A little after the fact but Vista Blue with Tungsten stripes looks really tough for some reason?
How fast did you make your 05? (1/4 or 1/8 mile times) Were you pleased with the Saleen blower?
S197 Member

ok i know u love mustangs, but didn't u consider a Z06, both of them are aound the 500 hp region, so why not go Z06 since u have a mustang now, i think it'll last longer plus the shleby looks isn't different from the 05+

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page