Amen, Brother Marcus.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8
Guys, many thought out responses.

I used the "stripe" issue as a generality for some of the questions asked here, not a specific. Continuing the "stripe" thing, because many seemed more comfortable with that particular subject - what I was observing was not the discussions of color, design, vendor, placement and materials etc., but an outright question for example of "should I put stripes on my car"?

I can not understand how someone can approach people they do not know and ask such a question. It is like walking up to a stranger and asking should I paint my house? How would anyone reasonably know?

Once a person makes the decison to paint, yes a question of color, material, and priming might be more appropriate.

Now, before this gets completely out of hand, I do thank you all for your comments and do / did take all seriously and will be material to think about and renew a spirit of patience and understanding. Thanks again.
Bill C
You have recieved many thoughtfull responses to you "question" which you yourself complimented on. If after reading Marcus Gt, mrvandermy, and others you still don't get it then then I don't know how you ever will.

14 GT Brembo Package, Ingot Silver.
Wife has 08 silver "Warriors In Pink."

Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by holly_lowe
On another hand, does anyone have pics of different spoilers? The one on my car is damaged and I would like to replace it but I am not sure that I want the same one.
I personally like the 3d Carbon spoiler found at http://www.lmperformance.com/5884/73.html Its not too aggressive and not lame. Just right in my book.

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM

That is a nice spoiler, however I forgot to mention that my stang' is an 87. Will it still fit? If it won't then I'm sure someone on here has another idea.
S197 Member

All I can say is, if you don't like the idea of forums, then leave them to us whippersnappers, Gramps...

And for the guy who removed his spoiler, I know it's not hard to actually do it, but how much trouble was it to fill and paint the holes? Cost? I'd like to do it, but only if I can do it right and make sure everything's plugged correctly.

Oops, I'm asking a stranger's opinion about what to do with my car. Crap, shoot me...
PONY Member
S197 Member

Boy did this thread start something or what? I'd like to add my 2 cents into this. I like this forum thanks to many here I have had many questions answered that otherwise did not know who to ask. I'm sure my friends don't know the answer to them nor do they care, everyone's not a car nut like us. But thanks to this forum I have learned about zaino (great system love it ) know what mods I will do next and were to get them. I no way feel that if I were to post a dumb question no one on here would berate me for asking it. I'm sure if ever I need help I could come on here and get a honest answer. That is what makes this fourm better then all the rest, sorry just my opinion. In ending I'd like to thank all that have given there ideas on here.

06 mustang gt 5 spd manual redfire/Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 # 372 /Tillman 93 tune/450 rwhp 435 rwt/GT 500 fuel system/high flow cats X pipe / chrome bullitt wheels / 10inch nitto 555/ MGW shifter /SLP Loudmouth/ sequential turn signals/J&M lca/ painted agent 47 mirrors and Zanio
S197 Member

VintageV8,

If you would so kindly take a moment and reconsider joining:

www.turbograndmarquis.com or

www.boostedcrownvics.com

I believe either of these fine choices should fill your belly with riveting dialogue and your soul with vigor for your automobile. Kindly trade in that barbaric Mustang and join us this afternoon when we will be discussing:

1. Best air freshner scent
2. Best places to keep your tissue

Looking forward to your intellectual comments.
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-13-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Last night I thought about the majority of thoughtful responses posted here concerning my original post. I think the Forum is a great vehicle as it allows and invites many to express their personal opinions and thoughts on a variety of Mustang subjects and in doing so, invites comment. My post certainly did.

It appears it is my error in that I believe my original intent was misconstrued. It was interesting however to see the post certainly had varied a audience and response.

Let's move on.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Yes; Let's move on!

You want an opinion, you'll get it, if you have no interest skip those threads (I normally do...)

One of the .02%ers...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
Yes, lets move on. Vintage has no idea what he is talking about and neither do we.

Could it be a case of a "Hair Color Monent" or "Senior Moment?" Does anyone have a clue? Bill?

Thread Hijacking.....Anyone going to the car show this weekend?

Good night Bill.

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM
PONY Member
S197 Member

What a complete waste of my time and everyone elses on this forum!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
S197 Member

Sorry to be late to the game but I would like to dispute the fact that we are complete strangers. Maybe when we started posting' but through months of reading posts, sharing pictures and other things we have become a little family or community with a common interest - the S-197 Mustang. Asking questions prevents others from expending hard earned cash for things that don't work. For a long time I have been considering adding Nitrous. I haven't got enough information to convince me that it's a good thing so I continue to monitor posts from those who have this modification. That alone is worth reading a few frivolous posts. Several of us have even met in person and new friends are always welcome. I too am of the "Vintage" when Muscle Cars ruled the streets and my opinion is that every generation has valuable insights worthy of sharing.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus GT
Forums have only come about since the invent of the computer and internet. You can thank Dan Quale for that.
I thought Al Gore invented the internet.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2horseowner
Sorry to be late to the game but I would like to dispute the fact that we are complete strangers. Maybe when we started posting' but through months of reading posts, sharing pictures and other things we have become a little family or community with a common interest - the S-197 Mustang. Asking questions prevents others from expending hard earned cash for things that don't work. For a long time I have been considering adding Nitrous. I haven't got enough information to convince me that it's a good thing so I continue to monitor posts from those who have this modification. That alone is worth reading a few frivolous posts. Several of us have even met in person and new friends are always welcome. I too am of the "Vintage" when Muscle Cars ruled the streets and my opinion is that every generation has valuable insights worthy of sharing.
Agree 100%... Even though most of use haven't met, I'd like to think we consider ourselves friends by association. And while I'm sure we all can agree that there's a little fluff on the board, it's certainly outweighed by the volumes of useful information.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

hmm sure stirred up a lot of emotion on this one!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page