Fog Lights too bright? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006 Thread Starter

Fog Lights too bright?

I was just reading the speeding ticket post about the guy who actually got pulled over for using them when not needed. I actually always turn them on as I believe they make us stick out as GTs against the regular mustangs.. but Im curious if anyone else has ever experienced this.. A few times i've been driving late at night and had some people flash their brights at me, and you know sometimes it may happen randomly but in FL i've had it happen alot, makes me think my fog lights are too bright and they think i'm flashing my brights at them..
anyone else ever thought this?
Kind of random I know but just was on my mind

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
Rookie
S197 Member

YEAH I used to run mine until I got flashed by every 3 out of 4 vehicles, I think everyone thinks you have the brights on due to the size of the lights

2013 School Bus Yellow Boss 302. Painted 3/4 window louvers. Black rear window louver, painted MRT hood struts, side exhaust baffles removed.
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
believe me, our lights can be described as anythign but too bright. Peopl think you have your brights on because most cars with 4 lights that size lit up are with bight on. Go figure.
I just flash my brights back an pull toward their lane for them being dumbasses. I mean seriously if they are no blinding you, does it matter if I have 2,4,6 or 20 lights on?

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I dont even bother using 'em anymore. I'm tired of getting flashed by people who don't know any better.

I'm sure they get more confused when I go to flash them back, my brights go on, and the fog lights turn out...then they won't know what the heck is going on.

You guys knows that right? When you turn the brights on, the fogs go off.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Yep, and it probably does confuse the dumbass. Which is fine with me considering they were nice enough to flash a car that was not blinding them.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
S197 Member

I've never been flashed from oncoming cars before because of the fogs, as I can remember anyway. Besides the fog lights only light up the immediate area in front of the car, on the ground, thats why theyre fog lights so they wouldn't blind oncoming cars anyway.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Most fog lites are not adjusted right, the beam should hit the road around 10' in front of the vehical. The purpose is for the lite to reflect up under the fog. I drive a truck for a living and the most irratating thing are these people running fog lites on a clear nite and out of adjustment.
I am still trying to figure out how to adjust the ones on a GT. All it takes is a little bit of weight in the trunk or back seat and the front end will rise a little bit, now you have high beams.

06' GT Tungsten gray,seq. turn sigs. no spoiler.
XM,
An armed man is called a citizen.A disarmed man is called a subject.
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I get flashed because my left headlight is bright... and I mean bright. I've taken it to the dealer and they say the position is fine and the bulbs check out ok, running a 6k (whatever they're using). I still get flashed, but I don't care anymore. If they're far enough away, I flash them back. But, if they're close, I hold out my middle finger.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

jenkinsbball, Pull your car up to a wall or garage door around 8 feet and check the adjustment. You will plainly see which one is out of sync. and how high. with these projector bulbs you might need to get a little closer. I think the dealer is blind.

06' GT Tungsten gray,seq. turn sigs. no spoiler.
XM,
An armed man is called a citizen.A disarmed man is called a subject.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbomb
Most fog lites are not adjusted right, the beam should hit the road around 10' in front of the vehical. The purpose is for the lite to reflect up under the fog. I drive a truck for a living and the most irratating thing are these people running fog lites on a clear nite and out of adjustment.
I am still trying to figure out how to adjust the ones on a GT. All it takes is a little bit of weight in the trunk or back seat and the front end will rise a little bit, now you have high beams.
Even if the fogs were a little high, I can't see the problem, they just don't project like regular beams. The light is dispersed, it is not focused.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
PONY Member
S197 Member

I have gotten flashed a few times..people think I have my brights on. But I like having my fog lights on because if I don't than I think I look like a 6cyl. Anyway I just flash em back so they know that they are wrong.. I don't care how many times I have to flash my lights at people.. The $ I am paying for it I should be able to run them when I want to.
V6 Member
S197 Member

yes, our fog lights are a bit bright but good for us so we can see a little better at night. I have the V6 pony package and am surprised at how i can use the fog lights only for driving in my area at night.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsk8r
I was just reading the speeding ticket post about the guy who actually got pulled over for using them when not needed. I actually always turn them on as I believe they make us stick out as GTs against the regular mustangs.. but Im curious if anyone else has ever experienced this.. A few times i've been driving late at night and had some people flash their brights at me, and you know sometimes it may happen randomly but in FL i've had it happen alot, makes me think my fog lights are too bright and they think i'm flashing my brights at them..
anyone else ever thought this?
Kind of random I know but just was on my mind
In OK you must extinquish all auxillary / fog / driving lights when meeting other traffic. (basically your only supposed to meet oncoming traffic with only two headlamps set on low beam.
) i too run all 4 alot, but i live in a rural area. i have gotten flashed quite a few times running all 4, so alot of times i will run just the fogs only. same look and no one flashes. i have noticed though that on two lane backroads those fogs can be a bit bright, especially if your meeting on the top of a hill. on divided roads, i dont see how the fogs would blind anyone.....

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
PONY Member

Personally, I think that running foglights when they're not needed is extremely annoying. They DO blind me (especially on trucks), thank you very much. And my first thought is always of the other drivers' EGOS.

And to the insecure GT drivers... Get over it. *I* can tell us apart and promise to give you the respect you're entitled to, okay? :hihi:

'05 V6 Premium, Automatic, Redfire with Parchment interior. Added '06 Pony Package grille and foglights, custom rocker stripes, Peripheral Audio System for direct iPod play, window tint, chrome Pony-style power outlet cover and replaced Blue Oval spinners with Pony-design spinners. (Little changes are cool, too )

"Life without music would be a mistake." - An unknown, but very wise person
S197 Member

If they're aimed properly they shouldn't blind anyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page