So pops got a new car. - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

So pops got a new car.

Well my pops just showed up today in a new 5.7L Hemi Heritage Edition 300c. He's talking crap already about how he thinks it's probably faster than the GT. Personally I think he's gotten the all inclusive hemi labotomy at the chrysler dealership.

Oh what to do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

haha.. my neighbor has an ivory one.. he's 22 and I love it. I mean looks wise I think it is a gorgeous car. Never drove one so I don't know what they have to offer.. but I think they are very pretty..

Would still like my GT over that though.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
S197 Member

I've driven the 5.7 and its not that impressive. It's pretty quick, but not quicker than the GT and its really soft, and the interior is crap, plasticky crap.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Most people dont even know what a "Hemi" is.
P.S. Chrysler did not build the first hemi, it was Lycoming in WW2, an aircraft engine I belive it went into the P39 and a couple of others.

06' GT Tungsten gray,seq. turn sigs. no spoiler.
XM,
An armed man is called a citizen.A disarmed man is called a subject.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I eat hemis for a tasty snack at the track just about every week. They run in the 15's in the quarter mile, high 14's tops. It seems like they come to the track once then you never see them again. The first week of the TnT season there were a ton of them, now it's unusual to see more than one or two. It's the tail between the legs syndrome.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
I eat hemis for a tasty snack at the track just about every week. They run in the 15's in the quarter mile, high 14's tops. It seems like they come to the track once then you never see them again. The first week of the TnT season there were a ton of them, now it's unusual to see more than one or two. It's the tail between the legs syndrome.
If/when it ever shows up, the 6.1L Challenger might give you a run for your money.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

My neighbor is the stereotypical Little Old Lady. She has a '66 Mustang with the Sprint package that she bought new. Whenever we get together, the topic always turns to Mustangs. She still prefers a stick shift because they're more fun to drive. Her and her husband went out to buy a new car this week. He wanted a Sonata (which my wife and I have and really like). She instead settled for the sporty little thing they have, can't remember the name. But, what she really wanted was a Mustang Convertible. To look at this 70-ish lady, you'd never know she had a wild streak.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
If/when it ever shows up, the 6.1L Challenger might give you a run for your money.
Oh ya, I'm going home to get my slicks on! LOL. My Uncle raced a guy back in the 60's on the street and after he beat the dude by a large margin … the dude replied w/ that coment. I believe it was a 69 GTO vs a 68-69ish Camaro. The goat won.

2005 GT coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page