How much for a Shelby in your area? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
I'm glad they're sitting on the lots! These dealers are just greedy bastards. Imports make twice the profit the domestics do. Then send it overseas.

I'll never buy from a dealer again. Good , they would probably rather not see you either. Someone who is scared, inconsiderate and CHEAP. I bought mine on the INTERNET from an autobroker. It was a smooth and pleasant experience. I ordered exactly what I wanted and waited "impatiently" for delivery to a local dealer. The autobroker's charge was 2% of MSRP, Yea, you could have paid that (or less) to a salesman so he could support his family instead you paid someone who has no continued interest in you and sent your tax dollars to another city or state. so he worked very hard to find me the best price possible....and he did. The price I paid more than covered his fee, compared to what the dealers wanted around here. I'll let the rich guys pay for the fancy showrooms and the 12 moronic sales guys on the floor.
If guy's like you were not such cheap a**holes, you would have more professional salespeople.

"Don't cuss American Cars with food in your mouth"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
S197 Member

I haven't seen any at the Dealers around me. I found on another Mustang site a dealer was asking for a 77K markup, asking 125K even for the car. The dealer was in Canada but the MSRP was 47800, so I don't think it was in Canadian funds

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/News/select3960.htm

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter
Apprentice
S197 Member

WOW! I guess they think the market will barre (spelling) it. That's pretty strong, but there are a bunch of folks out there with a lot of money and they really don't care as long as they get one.
We have three coming and have yet to see the first. Next year will be my best shot at getting one.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMedic90
Sam Galloway Ford in Southwest Florida just sold Shelby (#25 off the line) for $85,000.

Just curious to see if everyone is selling for that kind of cheese.
Woody Anderson Ford, Huntsvile, AL. #10 went for $69,000 Saturday the 23rd. Sounds like a deal! :eyepoppin

GT Member
S197 Member

why is ford doing that? 20k mark up? corvettes sell at or below sticker (by me at least) and any vette's a strong matchup for a cobra.

And AMERICAN MUSTANG: there is nothing wrong with being cheap, why spend more when you can spend less for the same product? Don't just buy the first Cobra you see, wait it out a bit, shop around, try to get to know a General Manager of Fleet guy, they can help get you a deal, in fact if you go ask for a fleet guy right away, you dont even need to deal with the jackass salespeople (yes i know it's their job to be jackasses, they're on commision...) so dont diss a guy for being cheap, life is all about value, not frivolous stupid spending.

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
S197 Member

The Rumors are the 2008 GT500 will have more power.. so all those guys buying the 07 with 500HP are gonna see the 08's with 50-100 more HP.... isn't that gonna suck..for them..
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
The Rumors are the 2008 GT500 will have more power.. so all those guys buying the 07 with 500HP are gonna see the 08's with 50-100 more HP.... isn't that gonna suck..for them..
WOAH! 600 hp, let that sell at 70-80k otd, and then Ford'll really have a Mustang to give vipers an vettes a hard time...

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
S197 Member

A local dealer in my area had a GT500 which they put up on auction. Their starting bid was 50,000. Someone drove home with it for 49K.
S197 Member

Koon's Ford in College Park Maryland...$79,000.00 + tax and title. They also have a Ford GT...$146,000.00 + tax and title
GT Member
S197 Member

Perry Ford in Poway Ca. sold one for 20k over............:eyepoppin

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
If guy's like you were not such cheap a**holes, you would have more professional salespeople.
Easy turbo! must be a salesman eh? and if you are that's even more reason to not deal with one..........

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Easy turbo! must be a salesman eh? and if you are that's even more reason to not deal with one..........
Sounds like the dude who sold me my 'stang
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphasagt
why is ford doing that? 20k mark up? corvettes sell at or below sticker (by me at least) and any vette's a strong matchup for a cobra.

And AMERICAN MUSTANG: there is nothing wrong with being cheap, why spend more when you can spend less for the same product? Don't just buy the first Cobra you see, wait it out a bit, shop around, try to get to know a General Manager of Fleet guy, they can help get you a deal, in fact if you go ask for a fleet guy right away, you dont even need to deal with the jackass salespeople (yes i know it's their job to be jackasses, they're on commision...) so dont diss a guy for being cheap, life is all about value, not frivolous stupid spending.
Ford is not the one setting the price! It's the consumer. This car's starting bid was sticker. Would you say "no" to an extra $20,000?

Speaking of jackasses, You obviously don't have a job that requires you to appreciate the people who pay your freakin paycheck! Somebody is selling something or you would not have a job.

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
Ford is not the one setting the price! It's the consumer. This car's starting bid was sticker. Would you say "no" to an extra $20,000?

Speaking of jackasses, You obviously don't have a job that requires you to appreciate the people who pay your freakin paycheck! Somebody is selling something or you would not have a job.

Me? Well geeze I only go out every day to meet my customers and do a great job so that they are happy and pay the bill.......

BOSS Member
S197 Member

If a dealer told me they were charging a 20k markup, I'd tell him I'm going next door to pickup a Z06 for the same price and I'll be seeing those GT500s in my rear-view mirror, schmuck.

Why is it that I don't feel bad for Ford while it's going down the toilet when dealers treat these customers like this, and Ford Corporate just sits there and does nothing.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page