How much for a Shelby in your area? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
S197 Member

I'll sit back and wait until I can afford my 2059 Ford GT900!!! It'll take me that long.....

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

Roger that. I apologize for flaming. Obviously I'm pretty passionate about people bashing salespeople and the domestic dealers when they finally have a product that has that kind of demand. The dealer doesn't create that value the public does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gphasagt "dont even need to deal with the jackass salespeople (yes i know it's their job to be jackasses,
I hear everyone, (not just on this site) complaining about the "over sticker" amount. How much does a ZO6 cost? Or any other 500 HP sports car cost?
This Shelby is a world class car. There will be a lot of high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead. Unless their egos won't let them admit it.

My hats off to Ford for building such a great piece of American Muscle and the American nostalgias for helping the new Mustang become one of the most sought after cars in recent history. Poke your chests out boys!

"Don't cuss American Cars with food in your mouth"
SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
I hear everyone, (not just on this site) complaining about the "over sticker" amount. How much does a ZO6 cost? Or any other 500 HP sports car cost?
This Shelby is a world class car. There will be a lot of high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead. Unless their egos won't let them admit it.

My hats off to Ford for building such a great piece of American Muscle and the American nostalgias for helping the new Mustang become one of the most sought after cars in recent history. Poke your chests out boys!
A Z06 costs $69k, or roughly the same as the GT500s with the average $20k markup. In terms of performance, the GT500 isn't even on the Z06's radar. The hp numbers may be the same, but the Z06 is the more balanced, lighter, better handling, better optioned, quicker, and faster of the two. Before we start beating our collective Mustang chests, let's keep in mind that the GT500 barely runs with the "regular" Vette, let alone any Z06. Everyone on all the Mustang boards seems to focus on the GT500's horsepower number, and completely ignore the other factors that go into making a sports car. Not to mention that with 500hp, the GT500 is barely quicker than its 390hp SVT predecessor. Your GT500 has 500hp, great...I'll take a C6 with 100 less and still watch you play catch up. And as for the "high line Import owners wishing they had bought a Mustang instead", let's be serious. Do you sit around wishing you bought a "high-line import"? So why would they sit around dreaming about a Mustang?

For msrp, or slightly below, I like the GT500. With the markups I think it's a sad joke. And even at msrp, I'd really have to be feeling Ford Blue to choose the Mustang over the Vette.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
If a dealer told me they were charging a 20k markup, I'd tell him I'm going next door to pickup a Z06 for the same price and I'll be seeing those GT500s in my rear-view mirror, schmuck.

Why is it that I don't feel bad for Ford while it's going down the toilet when dealers treat these customers like this, and Ford Corporate just sits there and does nothing.
FYI: Ford is not the one setting the price! It's the consumer. This car's starting bid was sticker. Would you say "no" to an extra $20,000?

"Don't cuss American Cars with food in your mouth"
GT Member
S197 Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
Speaking of jackasses, You obviously don't have a job that requires you to appreciate the people who pay your freakin paycheck! Somebody is selling something or you would not have a job.
i personally don't work in retail, but i am well aware of how the business works. yes dealers need to make a profit, but they shouldn't rip people off. they are treating the Cobra like the Ford GT, it should be treated like a corvette, mass produced muscle.

2005 Mustang GT - SCT X3 + ROUSH CAI, FRPP Stingers, Silverhorse Blackout Panel, Brushed "Aluminum" Dash Kit, California Special rear bumper, chrome American Racing ROGUE wheels 20x8.5 with 255/35/20 Yokohama S.Drive tires, ROUSH rear springs.... JVC KW-AVX820
S197 Member

Dealerships make their money on service for the most part.. sales $$$ is a smaller percentage of profit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page