How much for a Shelby in your area? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

How much for a Shelby in your area?

Sam Galloway Ford in Southwest Florida just sold Shelby (#25 off the line) for $85,000.

Just curious to see if everyone is selling for that kind of cheese.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I talked to a guy at a show a couple weeks ago (Black Vert Cobra), he claimed he paid $48K out the door? This is hard for me to believe in Southern Cali. He claimed there was a deal going on in 04. He had to lease the 04 Cobra to get the 07 for MSRP.

Anyone else heard of this deal?

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006
S197 Member

Sounds like Bull Doo Doo!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
Sounds like Bull Doo Doo!
That's what I think too. But, I do believe he came with/friends with one of our club members. Odds are we'll see him again and pin him down on what the real deal is.....or not? Maybe it is a secret society thing , ok I won't even go there.

K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006

Just went to look at the Red Shelby At Kings Ford (About 25 NNE of Cinci). the sales man sid they "adjusted" the sticker for a 20,000 Prem. Making the asking price 62 and change. But, he then told me the owner said that the first person to offer 15,000 over would be driving it off.

Still outta my range....
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
I talked to a guy at a show a couple weeks ago (Black Vert Cobra), he claimed he paid $48K out the door? This is hard for me to believe in Southern Cali. He claimed there was a deal going on in 04. He had to lease the 04 Cobra to get the 07 for MSRP.

Anyone else heard of this deal?
That is correct. It's called a Power Lease. Any one who did a Power Lease on an '04 Cobra has 1st right of refusal on a new Shelby 500 for MSRP.

"Don't cuss American Cars with food in your mouth"
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006
S197 Member

53k out the door for a fellow mustang club member (coupe). Charleston SC

The dealer sold all of their for MSRP + 10k.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

3 sold for the same in Reading, PA $10k over. they were sold when first became available.

2007 Black GT - JLTII, XCAL3, Flowmaster some tint, some audio. all for now
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMustang
That is correct. It's called a Power Lease. Any one who did a Power Lease on an '04 Cobra has 1st right of refusal on a new Shelby 500 for MSRP.
I have heard of this same Power Lease. As I understand it, if you leased a '04 Cobra you have first right of refusal for a '07 GT500 at MSRP, but you only get to lease it not buy it. Or at least that is how I heard it.

Anyways, no matter what they are asking for it, it is more than I am willing to pay.
GT Member
S197 Member

I dropped my car off yesterday to get a o/c and get some rattling fixed, and Payton-Wright didn't even have one. They had 3 GT's in the lobby with various body kits and such, but no GT500

Would've been nice to see on in person. Did catch a red one w/ the California Dream Ram Hood, or whatever its called. Pretty bad ass if you ask me.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
That's what I think too. But, I do believe he came with/friends with one of our club members. Odds are we'll see him again and pin him down on what the real deal is.....or not? Maybe it is a secret society thing , ok I won't even go there.
Bottom line is the new owner can TELL you anything. I know Bob Baker here in SD is marking theirs up as much as $35K. It's human nature to make others believe you are the best negotiator in town. Fact is - they aren't as impressive as the press releases would have you believe. The good thing is the owners seem to be driving them and not hiding them in garages.
Banned

I got an e-mail stating that a local dealer has one for ONLY $75K....for that, I will get a Z06 and remodel my bathroom
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
I have heard of this same Power Lease. As I understand it, if you leased a '04 Cobra you have first right of refusal for a '07 GT500 at MSRP, but you only get to lease it not buy it. Or at least that is how I heard it.

Anyways, no matter what they are asking for it, it is more than I am willing to pay.
I jheard of it too...prob was that the SVT dealer nearest to me didnt have a F-in clue to what it was I I was shi out of luck

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
GT Member
S197 Member

Still asking 20k over list in North West Jersey. Car is still sitting there, people are still looking at it. I was number 5 on the list and said no thank you. My salesman said thay are down to number 20 on the list. Still sitting threre.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm glad they're sitting on the lots! These dealers are just greedy bastards.

I'll never buy from a dealer again. I bought mine on the internet from an autobroker. It was a smooth and pleasant experience. I ordered exactly what I wanted and waited "impatiently" for delivery to a local dealer. The autobroker's charge was 2% of MSRP, so he worked very hard to find me the best price possible....and he did. The price I paid more than covered his fee, compared to what the dealers wanted around here. I'll let the rich guys pay for the fancy showrooms and the 12 moronic sales guys on the floor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page