secret service uses gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

secret service uses gt

Well I was at my desk yesterday ( Im a sales manager for a ford dealer in laurel md) and in the lot comes a line of silver gt 7 in total...and im thinking what the heck??? and they get out and it is the secret service...they use these to train the drivers...while im talking to them they bring up the prblems they have...now..to think about how hard they drive these cars...they are all automatic...with no mods...issuses have been...overheating...they have removed the grills...they go thru a set of tires every 700 miles or so...brakes at 1000 miles.....what they are impressed with is the power and handling of these stock cars....they also told me if i like i can go over to the track and let me check it out..it is in beltsville md...i cant bring my gt but they will let me drive on thier track and a few free lessons....:hihi: so if you live in laurel md area and see a bunch of silver gt...btw ...they also have 10 mineral grey all auto...you might be looking at secret service drivers

2006 Torch Red GT 5 speed Black Leather Shaker Hood Scoop CAI black spoiler mirror covers shorty antenna black billett fuel door mustang license plate brackets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
So they are training people in performance and defensive driving and complaining about brakes, tires and overheating. Common sense anyone? I hear it doesn't cost anything in some states. I don't think the D.C area is one of them though.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006
S197 Member

Ford will probably repair all of them under warranty, only for the G-Men though. If it was one of us we would be up the creek without a paddle if ya know what I mean.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
I dunno, they replaced the tranny in my 04 even after it had a full exhaust, intake, plenum and tune. They did say that would be the last warranty repair on that car though.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006
nghtrnnr

so you put the secret services training location on the internet...as well as what their trainees will be driving around in....lol...taking the "secret" out of secret service...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
so you put the secret services training location on the internet...as well as what their trainees will be driving around in....lol...taking the "secret" out of secret service...

I know that in the chicago area they are using black gt's as cop cars
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Lol nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
I know that in the chicago area they are using black gt's as cop cars
Dang, I shoulda got a black one.

Mine was climbing in temp according to the guage on the 3.5 mile 21 turn road course I ran it on. Not sure if there is a fix, besides an all aluminum radiator, or maybe adding water wetter.

Ask them how the gas guage reads on the course, lol. Mine kept beeping with so many miles to empty.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
S197 Member

I saw a yellow Mustang G.T. police car in Dearborn last week.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
Actually, the FBI trains near D.C. as well. My friend is a CTA for the FBI, and this summer was able to take a defensive/offensive driving course out there offered exclusively to the FBI. From what I hear, it was amaaaaazing! Its no wonder why they go through so many tires and brake pads...

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Well, my parents live in Severna Park and I once dated a girl in Laurel [home of the Preakness baby!] but what are the odds I will get back there with my GT? Now if there was a transcontinental highway with no speed limit, I once figured it would only take about 18 hours to get from Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, to Severna Park MD, in fifth gear, cruise control set at 140 and 4500RPM.

Fuel economy might suffer a tad

Also I would need an onramp the size of Rhode Island.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page