Hang on to your S197 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Zrullac
Hang on to your S197

Ford announced today that they intend to reduce production and close plants. The Dearborn, MI plant was mentioned. We may have a collectors item before its time. Here is the link to the story.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060818/ford_...cuts.html?.v=5

MSgt, USAFR Retired
2006 Mustang GT Deluxe Coupe, Tungsten Grey, Dark Charcoal Int., IUP, AAT, Leather Trim Bucket Seats, 17" 40th Anniversary Bullits w/tri-bar Pony Spinner, TR3650 5-Spd Man Tranny, Wheel Locking Kit, MRT Hood Struts. Pioneer AVIC-D1 Nav system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
S197 Member

The Mustang is manufactured at the Flatrock, Mich plant. Which was not one of the facilities mentioned in the article about having a 'Down Time'.

So, I guess that's good news for Mustang enthusiast - bad news for Ford lovers overall.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Collectors item? Not when they produced like over 100,000 the first year. :-P

Unless someone manages to destroy a lot of them.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Unless of course, the general public panics and believes that ALL Fords are being scaled back, which in turn cause prices and values to be artificially inflated and supply to be falsly deflatted, causing an upturn in demand, then as the panic takes hold, the buying public does whatever it can to get their hands on ANY Ford, in particular the best selling Ford before it is too late and they are left standing in the cold with nothing but a Chevy...for they do not want to loose out....this is my story and I am sticking to it...or I am starting a rumor, whichever turns out to be more amusing.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Collectors item? Not when they produced like over 100,000 the first year. :-P

Unless someone manages to destroy a lot of them.
Have you seen how some of these kids are driving this car...that over 100,000 could get reduced quickly if we all just handed the keys over to all the 16 year-olds...(much like the guy who bought his 16 year-old daughter a GT500) :hihi:
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
nghtrnnr

lol...some of us old guys are pretty bad too
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrullac
Ford announced today that they intend to reduce production and close plants. The Dearborn, MI plant was mentioned. We may have a collectors item before its time. Here is the link to the story.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060818/ford_...cuts.html?.v=5
The article says "Dearborn based" that is their headquarters, Ford quit building Mustangs there (the rouge plant) in 04.
I saw my 86 being built there

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrnnr
lol...some of us old guys are pretty bad too
Oh we try and then slow down, at least for me, I tend to see the light at the end of the tunnel of life and it's a freight train!!

Regardless of the demand and status of my car as collectible, I am going to keep mine for a long time. And then I am going to give it to my son in ten years when he goes off to college.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Unless of course, the general public panics and believes that ALL Fords are being scaled back, which in turn cause prices and values to be artificially inflated and supply to be falsly deflatted, causing an upturn in demand, then as the panic takes hold, the buying public does whatever it can to get their hands on ANY Ford,
Hoowee!!! I am LOLing all over the place.

"EBay bids on the Ford Fucus have gone through the roof! Even the old Ford Fiasco can't be kept on the shelves at local dealers!!!"

A panic to buy a Ford just when the Camaro is scheduled to come out, in... a month; is it?

Stop! You're killing me! LOL!!!!

Here's what I am worried about and maybe I should welcome it b/c it will make my car worth more in 20 years....

Look where the Mustang went from 1969 to 1975.

In 6 years, guess what the Mustang will look like?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	18767   Click image for larger version

Name:	75.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	18768  

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
The only thing that will happen to the general pblic is they will have an even lower view of Ford and want their products less. By god I swear they deserve to go under if they cut back on the Mustang, they are still selling hot.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page