Bad News For Ford - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Bad News For Ford

I know that American Auto company's aren't doing so well but this is sad for a lot of people.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14406315/from/RS.3/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
74stang2togo

Not really a surprise (read the "Ford Needs Saving" thread in the Mustang Lounge, it's a pattern that's been going on for years.)

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Maybe it has something to do witht he fact that Ford has abandoned the motto "Quality, Job number 1" for the new motto "bold moves". in my opinion, not bold enough. Quality and value is rapidily going out the window. I have three Ford products right now, all of which are less than one year old, and two of them (Mustang is one) has already had warranty issues. To be compettive, you need to be affordable, maintain quality, be reliable, have the availability and be a great value...Ford is rapidily sliding away from that formula.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74stang2togo
Not really a surprise (read the "Ford Needs Saving" thread in the Mustang Lounge, it's a pattern that's been going on for years.)
If this keeps up we may need to re-name that thread "Ford is beyond saving".

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

whoops someone already beat me to posting that same article.. SORRY!!! I guess I should look closer next time!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
Rookie

Cool

I 've been a Ford person for years. I have owned 3 1969 Mustangs, 1978 Bronco, 1980 F-150, 1981 Ford Courier(Mazda), 1982 Ford F150 4x4, 1988 Thunderbird Turbo-Coupe,1994 F350 4x4, 2000 F350 Crew Cab 4x4, 2001 Ford Taurus, 2001 Mazda B3000(Ranger), 2002 Ford Excursion 4x4, 2003 Ford Ranger Edge, and 2005 Mustang. All were purchased new except for the 69's. The Ranger is my daily driver and I drive about a 100 miles a day on it around Austin but when it comes to fuel mileage it sucks bad averaging 12 mpg. I guess I should have known about that since my B3000 only got 14mpg. But my Excursion averages right at 15mpg but it's a diesel. Diesel here is about $0.10 more than unleaded. Anyway the point I'm making(or trying to make) is that Detroit needs to improve their gas mileage on all of their products and not use these figures they pull out of their a$$e$. My Ranger has never come close to their mpg numbers. How do they get these numbers? In a vacuum, downhill, dropped out the back of a plane, with nothing on the frame of the truck. When you spend $55.00 every 2 days on fuel for 220 miles. There's a problem and until they increase legitimately they will lose out to the ricers.

2008 Shelby GT500 Red with White Stripes

1969 Mach 1 Grabber Blue, 351 Windsor, sports pkg, Auto
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
GT Member
5.0L Member

I dont think their problem is mpg's I'm pretty sure Fords cars are about the same as any one elses in that dept. Where they fall short is probably in marketing their cars properly and in interior quality. I still dont know what they were thinking when they designed the 500. What a mess that is. That car should have been some sort of spin off of the 427. That would have sold. Probably would have been good competition for the 300C. I think the fusion is a step in the right direction, they should really build off that one.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Orange
whoops someone already beat me to posting that same article.. SORRY!!! I guess I should look closer next time!
Thats ok but only because your much better looking than me....
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by STONECOLD
I dont think their problem is mpg's I'm pretty sure Fords cars are about the same as any one elses in that dept. Where they fall short is probably in marketing their cars properly and in interior quality. I still dont know what they were thinking when they designed the 500. What a mess that is. That car should have been some sort of spin off of the 427. That would have sold. Probably would have been good competition for the 300C. I think the fusion is a step in the right direction, they should really build off that one.
I am not so sure the Fusion is on the right track. I have a 2006 Fusion as my daily driver...here is my perception. Very nice styling, decent comfort and amenities, significantly lower gas mileage then claimed (like 30% less, no matter who drives), less than ideal quality, and leass then ideal power (consider it has 221 hp) with severe throttle lag. In my opinion, decent car, but not an Accord killer.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
Thats ok but only because your much better looking than me....

hahaha thanks.. I feel like a dummy though.
GT Member
5.0L Member

I feel like going home! (Stuck at work.)

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
Rookie

Sure, sales has alot to do with gas mileage and prices. Take a look at pickup and suv sales since the price of gas went up.

2008 Shelby GT500 Red with White Stripes

1969 Mach 1 Grabber Blue, 351 Windsor, sports pkg, Auto
PONY Member
S197 Member

It is no surprise that this is happening because they have abandoned quality. And their dealers are a hassel to deal with after you buy a car from them. (Maybe not all but most of the ones I've been to). Especially when it comes to getting warranty work done. Customer satisfaction is the #1 thing that brings people back and unfortunatelly I think ford has forgoten about this. It is very sad that alot of people are going to lose their jobs for this. We can only hope that ford gets their s**t straight.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmustang
Sure, sales has alot to do with gas mileage and prices. Take a look at pickup and suv sales since the price of gas went up.

Yes, I just meant that Fords vehicles arent any worse on gas mileage than the competitions, so we cant put a lot of blame on that alone.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
I am not so sure the Fusion is on the right track. I have a 2006 Fusion as my daily driver...here is my perception. Very nice styling, decent comfort and amenities, significantly lower gas mileage then claimed (like 30% less, no matter who drives), less than ideal quality, and leass then ideal power (consider it has 221 hp) with severe throttle lag. In my opinion, decent car, but not an Accord killer.
I have a Fusion 2006 also and I agree with you about the mileage. Handles well, quiet ride, love the styling, but 221 hp is plenty for that car. There's not to many sedans over 221 hp in the Fusion price range. Toyota, Nisson and Honda are quite a bit more expensive. I think those V6's around 240 to 250 hp. I think if Ford improves the build quality a bit and used a little better quality interior materials, improved that gas mileage, at the same price, they would be a good competitor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page