Opinions wanted on sale of Stang - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006 Thread Starter

Opinions wanted on sale of Stang

I don't post on this forum too often but I read it almost everyday. I do need to get opinions on an upcoming sale though. Due to some things that have come up I am going to sell the Stang. My car is modified and I was looking for some opinions whether I should return the car to stock first or just sell it as is, modified? And what type of money can I expect to get, or ask for, in either condition?

It's a black 05, Premium, IUP,haker 1000, with 10,000 miles. Pretty much showroom condition, taken care of with Zaino products, etc...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006
nghtrnnr

would cost you alot more to make it stock again...sell it in the newspapers...so many people ask me if mine is a cobra......trust me...joe schmo will look at all you did and think its a cobra package...sell it for 35k to the rubes

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
+1. Sell it as is. You'd probably break even over removing the parts and selling separately. Plus, modded it may attract more enthusiasts.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-20-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

The only thing I see that might hinder your sale is the lack of Catalytic converteres. In my area for example, there are a few areas that require a smog test. If the car fails during an inspection the prospective buyer is going to be comming for you. If you included the original parts, it might be a bit different. The other mods seem like selling points, so I would talk them up. Otherwise, expect a lot of calls wondering why you're asking so much for the car. You'd be amazed how many want to talk price before they even see the car.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006 Thread Starter

I'd love to sell it for 35K. I Don't think that will happen though. I will probably keep it the way it is and hopefully draw more attention from enthusiasts and weed out the Joe Shmos. All original parts would be included in the sale. Thanks for the input from everyone. You may see this on Ebay shortly. :-)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by myltlpny
The only thing I see that might hinder your sale is the lack of Catalytic converteres. In my area for example, there are a few areas that require a smog test. If the car fails during an inspection the prospective buyer is going to be comming for you. If you included the original parts, it might be a bit different. The other mods seem like selling points, so I would talk them up. Otherwise, expect a lot of calls wondering why you're asking so much for the car. You'd be amazed how many want to talk price before they even see the car.
Good point on the cats. If he's running a short x with race pipes, he could easily replace with cats.

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page