120 mile commute with GT - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicfii
My commute is 365 miles each way to work (a mini Cannonball Run once a week).

I bought my GT so I didn't have to sit in an econobox for 6 hours at a time. You only live once.
365 miles! Holy smokes!!

Maybe you should look into those personal aircrafts or helicopters?

Oh, not to gloat, but I work at home, so I have no commute. I used to drive from NY to NJ though, so I feel for anybody driving those roads!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
Where should he post it...this IS the talk forum
Thank you, didn't know.... or maybe I had to move it from the wrong to the correct forum...???

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Apprentice
S197 Member

100 mile round trip to work. I use my Stang twice a week on that trek. Have it since February and have 11,000 on her.

Stangs are meant to be driven, not museum pieces.

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
When I bought my Stang I was commuting 75 miles each way (150 miles round trip). Now I only commute 50 miles each way (100 miles round trip), plus occassional other driving. However, I still refuse to commute in my Stang. The concept of sitting on the freeway in traffic in my Stang just burns my briches. So I take her to work once or twice a month. Most of my driving in my Stang is local driving on the weekend. Heck, she is 14 months old and only has just shy of 2500 miles on her. My Fusion is for commuting (8 months old and has 15,000 miles). As of my 1 year anniversary, I was averaging only 152 miles per month, of course since then, I have added 700 miles (an average of 350 miles per month) to bring my current average up to about 175 miles per month.
PONY Member

My 'Stang is currently my daily driver, with a 60 mile round trip commute. Since I got her in early November, I've put on just over 9,000 miles. However, with Michigan winters, I'm sure glad I've got my Ranger 4x4! I'd hate to have to wash salt off my baby in freezing temps!!! Did that last Dec. before parking it for the winter. (one last ride)
Ooooh, what a pain in the a$$ to dry the water off before it freezes!

Rocket

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page