60,000 Miles: My Mustang's Not Getting Older, It's Getting Faster! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

60,000 Miles: My Mustang's Not Getting Older, It's Getting Faster!

My Mustang just passed the 60,000 mile mark. Many may think that it's about time for my engine to start getting tired and losing a tick or two at the track. Just the opposite. This weekend I broke into the 12's for the first time (naturally aspirated) with a 12.94. I was commenting to my drag teammates that the weather was perfect for a good run then it happened. But the truth is it's just been running faster and faster all summer. I have not made any mods since racing season started except for a Hurst shifter and an FRPP handling pack.

It's true what they say: Mustangs don't get older, they just get faster!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60grand.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	18957  

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

You know what they say..... They always run the best just before they blow up. JK

[email protected] 117 MPH
2.6 Metco Pulley, Jlt CAI, John Lund Tune, Long tube headers, McLeod clutch, Alum driveshaft, 3.73 gears, BMR relocation brackets, lca's and adjustable upper arm, 255/50/16 MT drag radials.
Still no traction......
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Good job 5twenty! I know you have been at the track frequently, and it paid off! After seeing your Nitrous setup, I think I have changed my mind on the supercharger upgrade, and I will go with the Nitrous. I am trying to get to the track, but time is hard to come by.

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006
S197 Member

Where are you guys racing.....Kent?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
Where are you guys racing.....Kent?
I race at Pacific Raceways in Kent and Bremerton Raceway.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page