Gauges above glove box - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
twgonder, this is what you should do if you absolutely hate the pillar pods. the gauges in the glove box will look like a$$, period. i REALLY think you should reconsider before you butcher your dash. if you butcher it, it is permanent.

ALSO, im trying to figure out why you need a gps in your stang, i dream all the time of getting hopelessly lost in my stang, for then i can spend hours driving around finding my way....:eyepoppin

WIFE TO GTNOS: where have you been? youve been gone for hours!!

GTNOS TO WIFE: well, honey, somehow, i got lost going to the store....:hihi:

WIFE: again??!!

hehe, id come back high on exhaust fumes, with an empty gas tank, and barley 5/32 worth of tread on the rear tires....

WIFE: whats all that black stuff on the both the rear quarter panels?

GTNOS: uhhh,..... road tar....... :hihi:
WTF?

#1. I don't hate pillar pods, I have one from Speed of Sound that I just bought, but I need gauges for it. I do plan to put gauges between the two center vent and it I won't butcher my dash since I will have someone else do who has done a few of them.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/t...day-60360.html

#2. I don't re-call I said anything about a GPS, I wanted one and was think of getting a Kenwood DD7015 at one time. But I went and spent my money on other things first.

Saleen S/C, 4R70W Trans, 3:73 gears, 3200 stall PI, GT500 fuel pump, JBA Shorty headers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSgt46270
WTF?

#1. I don't hate pillar pods, I have one from Speed of Sound that I just bought, but I need gauges for it. I do plan to put gauges between the two center vent and it I won't butcher my dash since I will have someone else do who has done a few of them.
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/t...day-60360.html

#2. I don't re-call I said anything about a GPS, I wanted one and was think of getting a Kenwood DD7015 at one time. But I went and spent my money on other things first.
re-read the first line of my post again, particularly the first word.... i quoted your post only to point out that i agreed with you and that twgonder should take the idea of gauges in the center under advisement before hacking up his glove box...

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Progress

Quote:
WTF?
I think he was talking to me.

Holes are drilled and the guages are in. Note there is room for three more gauges, all in a nice flat line.

I looked between the vents in the center. That piece is curved and the gauges won't sit flat.

Anyone got a wiring diagram? Still looking for ignition on and dimmed lights tap points.

I have weld in adapters (Autometer ATM-2260), but would like to avoid brazing and holes in the pans. Anyone got a better place to put the sensors (on a GT)? Are they metric or standard?

Gauges above glove box-dscn9412.jpg

Gauges above glove box-dscn9418.jpg

PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
re-read the first line of my post again, particularly the first word.... i quoted your post only to point out that i agreed with you and that twgonder should take the idea of gauges in the center under advisement before hacking up his glove box...
Understand now, it's cool.

Saleen S/C, 4R70W Trans, 3:73 gears, 3200 stall PI, GT500 fuel pump, JBA Shorty headers.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Understand now, it's cool.
no problem. he didnt listen to either one of us anyway...

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twgonder
I think he was talking to me.

Holes are drilled and the guages are in. Note there is room for three more gauges, all in a nice flat line.

I looked between the vents in the center. That piece is curved and the gauges won't sit flat.

Anyone got a wiring diagram? Still looking for ignition on and dimmed lights tap points.

I have weld in adapters (Autometer ATM-2260), but would like to avoid brazing and holes in the pans. Anyone got a better place to put the sensors (on a GT)? Are they metric or standard?

Attachment 19061

Attachment 19062
well, it doesnt look as bad as i initially thought it would, but... i still probably would have went with a pod. but if your happy with them, thats all that matters. i am wondering though, will your passenger hit those with thier knees? that might hurt a little....and it may not feel too good to the passenger either...

MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
First off, this car isn't that wide that it really makes a difference on what side you put them. Second, I gave a reason for having all in a row. Where can you do that on the driver's side?
Shhhhhh... A-Pillar. All in a row. Right next to your eye.

If we really wanted that style we would have the rearview mirrors mounted on the front quarter panels where we could use them without taking our eyes off the road.

Also, my Dad was the most senior Captian for American Airlines, out of BWI, when he retired. He had a flight engineer to read those gauges so why not put them where the kid can see them as well Were I still a kid, I would love to have stuff like that in front of me.

It's your car, it's inside; so why not?

Dad said driving a car was the easiest thing he ever did. "You never have to trim the car."

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
GT Member
S197 Member

Wow. I guess I've seen everything now. :hihi:

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
S197 Member

I would have got a gauage pod from cdc the mount them on the
top of the dash.. in the center.. 89 buck and you can put 3 gauage
in it..

Will if anyone see a guy look at his golve box when he drive.
you know who it. is..
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Stop, Thief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagess
Will if anyone see a guy look at his glove box when he drive.
you know who it. is..
If you see Will driving my car, call the police, it has been stolen.

Generally, I look both right and left, in addition to forward and back when I drive. A good visual sweep easily takes in the gauges. Go stick some white paper circles where I placed them and see for yourself.

To me, it beats a bunch of pods hanging all over the place. A lot cheaper too. And you've got to ask yourself, even with airbags, why have Detroit engineers, for over fifty years, consistently left that space available? Why have so many used it for gauges?

Of course, if the gen 9 Mustang is your first hotrod, then I'm guessing your experience is extremely limited.

Quote:
And you've got to ask yourself, even with airbags, why have Detroit engineers, for over fifty years, consistently left that space available? Why have so many used it for gauges?
Actually, the engineers at Ford have long believed that particular area of the car to be haunted, and they fear installing guages there would incur the terrible wrath of a thousand thousand hungry souls. Their dark forms would seep from the air vents like bubbling pitch, and taunt you as they pulled your spirit down into their unearthly Necrorealm.

The engineers also don't like walking under ladders.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page