I don't have to be a lurker any more! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
Bl4ckSunsh1n3's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Woodridge, IL
Posts: 41
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
So much for that 0%. You'll need that extra $ for those mods. I figure I've got about $5000 into mine so far. Not real popular with the wife!
LOL...I'm beginning to realize that myself!

Thanks for the warm welcome too! I love this car. Guys at the dealership always gave me a hard time cause I'd almost be more excited for the peeps buying them, than they were. I have sold so many of them and didn't think I would have one for several more months, but there was no way in hell I was going to pass this up.

I have a bunch of cash saved up for mods...but I am afraid once I get something (this weekend more than likely), I won't be able to stop (I am 100% certain of that...lol).

I've been a member of this site for a while and been reading everything on here since before that (Nghtrnnr, I have all of your stories ).

Everyone here is cool as hell, and you all have given me some great ideas. Unfortunately, said ideas are going to make me broke!

Great site, good peeps, and kick ass cars!

Now I am going to do some more research before I break out the old bank card...


2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
Bl4ckSunsh1n3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
BOSS Member
S197 Member
 
tw0scoops123's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: Annandale
Posts: 3,724
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
0.0% for 72 months... I'm never buying a ford again. First it was the extra warranty I can't get because I have an 05, now it's this sh!t. [email protected] Ford and their stupid tactics.

I'll just wait and get a car when a deal like this comes up, instead of buying the car when I want it.

It's just not fair that you get to save thousands of dollars, just because Ford is in trouble and trying to bait people into buying their vehicles. I ever tell you guys how much I hate this world sometimes?
Since when would any car company offer 0.0 on a new model car that turned out to be the most popular car on the road that year? 0.0 is a way to get people to buy cars when they aren't selling so well. Obviously the 05s were. Ford didn't need incentive to get people to buy mustangs.

Not fair? That's business, dude. LOL.


SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
tw0scoops123 is offline  
GT Member
S197 Member
 
Jenkinsbball's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Melissa
Posts: 1,042
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Since when would any car company offer 0.0 on a new model car that turned out to be the most popular car on the road that year? 0.0 is a way to get people to buy cars when they aren't selling so well. Obviously the 05s were. Ford didn't need incentive to get people to buy mustangs.

Not fair? That's business, dude. LOL.
I know it's business. I got my car 11 months ago... I just have bad luck and I hate that everyone else gets to pay less for the same vehicle just because they waited longer, or just happened to see the deal. That's one thing I've learned, you can never get everything you want. I've stopped caring since that post of mine. I'm going to talk to the dealership today and see if I can trade my 05 for an 06.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Jenkinsbball is offline  
 
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
J&D's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Houston
Posts: 787
 
Don't forget to post pics.

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
J&D is offline  
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I know it's business. I got my car 11 months ago... I just have bad luck and I hate that everyone else gets to pay less for the same vehicle just because they waited longer, or just happened to see the deal. That's one thing I've learned, you can never get everything you want. I've stopped caring since that post of mine. I'm going to talk to the dealership today and see if I can trade my 05 for an 06.
Dont feel so bad....there a lot of 06 GT's on the lot becuase the hype has died down...i cant even find a car with a manual, most are autos. Just keep your 05, you will loose money if you get an 06..and there is no difference between them. I bought my 06 last year also, and i got a heck of a deal..but i didnt pay 0%, but i got 5.9% from capitol one. i'm happy, but i wouldnt trade it in for a 0% deal.
sincitystang is offline  
MACH I Member
S197 Member
 
JetBlack's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Grand Junction
Posts: 3,106
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I'll just wait and get a car when a deal like this comes up, instead of buying the car when I want it.
That's a good way to go but then you don't get to have it when you want it.

I am paying 5.5% for 72 months, on $9800. That's a damn good deal but I have "gold balls credit" and had a 66% down payment. It is incredibly rare for a company to put rebates or good deals on hot vehicles so this is truly a once in a lifetime event.

I got my house the same way. Good timing and amazing luck. I had saved and scrimped [eveything I owned was in a single room of a farmhouse and then we went to war. Interest rates fell through the floor. I got in with the oldest mortgage company in America. ABN-AMRO at www.mortgage.com I had been saving my money for a house.

I got 5.365% on a 30 year fixed without FHA. Timing on *this* particular thing wasn't perfect for you but you *will* have things happen to you in your life that just click.

Wait.

Watch for them.

Still and all, I'd trade my house and my car, in a heartbeat, without ever a look back, in exchange for a family. Had a wife. Never had kids.

You have a car and a great job [bit far away] and many people in the world would shake their heads in wonder at the things that bother us Americans. Nobody is shooting at me or trying to burn my village. Nobody oppressing me or forcing me to serve in the military. No refugee camps in my neighborhood.

JENKINSBBALL, you are one blessed guy who drives one of Americas coolest cars and you got it before everybody else. You have a good job, food, home, clothes. Don't worry that the new guy got a good deal on his car while you and I make somewhat higher payments. It's a struggle but once you pay it off, you'll be the happy guy again. No warranty means no FORD bitching about mods

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
JetBlack is offline  
S197 Member
 
kinggt2003's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 58
 
i pick mine up in the morning. :eyepoppin
kinggt2003 is offline  
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
Bl4ckSunsh1n3's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Woodridge, IL
Posts: 41
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&D
Don't forget to post pics.
I will, but I wanna wait until I mod it a bit. Right now it looks like a stock Mustang GT and everyone has seen those.

Unless I pull it up to Diamond's to get the pictures taken.











...I guess only Chicago peeps will get that one...lol.

2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
Bl4ckSunsh1n3 is offline  
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
zregime's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: GBurg
Posts: 502
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
That's a good way to go but then you don't get to have it when you want it.

I am paying 5.5% for 72 months, on $9800. That's a damn good deal but I have "gold balls credit" and had a 66% down payment. It is incredibly rare for a company to put rebates or good deals on hot vehicles so this is truly a once in a lifetime event.

I got my house the same way. Good timing and amazing luck. I had saved and scrimped [eveything I owned was in a single room of a farmhouse and then we went to war. Interest rates fell through the floor. I got in with the oldest mortgage company in America. ABN-AMRO at www.mortgage.com I had been saving my money for a house.

I got 5.365% on a 30 year fixed without FHA. Timing on *this* particular thing wasn't perfect for you but you *will* have things happen to you in your life that just click.

Wait.

Watch for them.

Still and all, I'd trade my house and my car, in a heartbeat, without ever a look back, in exchange for a family. Had a wife. Never had kids.

You have a car and a great job [bit far away] and many people in the world would shake their heads in wonder at the things that bother us Americans. Nobody is shooting at me or trying to burn my village. Nobody oppressing me or forcing me to serve in the military. No refugee camps in my neighborhood.

JENKINSBBALL, you are one blessed guy who drives one of Americas coolest cars and you got it before everybody else. You have a good job, food, home, clothes. Don't worry that the new guy got a good deal on his car while you and I make somewhat higher payments. It's a struggle but once you pay it off, you'll be the happy guy again. No warranty means no FORD bitching about mods
That's what I like about you, JB...you are always keepin' it real. Great post, and amen to everything you said!

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
zregime is offline  
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
Bl4ckSunsh1n3's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Woodridge, IL
Posts: 41
 
Here she is...

I've had her for one week and just put my first mod on...Borla axle-backs. I decided to giver her a bath, but am waiting to do the full detail later when I have more time. She sounds and looks great though!

Her appearance will be changing soon...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0016.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	19229  

2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
Bl4ckSunsh1n3 is offline  
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
white angel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Northern Arizona
Posts: 25,098
 
Congrats again! She's beautiful!

Can life get any better????
__________________________________________________
2006 Mustang GT :myangel
white angel is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
Eric The MadMan's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Carlsbad
Posts: 636
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
Congratulations..... If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it, being that you work at the dealership??
Thanks
Congrats!!

I too am curious as to what kind of deal you got. Have fun!

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: XXX Yellow GT350, convenience package, black roof
Sold:
2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14” Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4“ Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5“ PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights;
2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
Eric The MadMan is offline  
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member
 
Bl4ckSunsh1n3's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Woodridge, IL
Posts: 41
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric The MadMan
Congrats!!

I too am curious as to what kind of deal you got. Have fun!
Thanks!

I got a good deal. I work for a Ford dealership as a sales consultant + 0.0% for 72 months with 3 down = nice and low monthly payment on a toy!

I had to drive my demo ('07 Focus, DD) to work today...and I cried.

2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
Bl4ckSunsh1n3 is offline  
MODERATOR
Classic Member
S197 Member
 
stlwagon's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Southern
Posts: 72,882
                 
Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ckSunsh1n3
I've had her for one week and just put my first mod on...Borla axle-backs. I decided to giver her a bath, but am waiting to do the full detail later when I have more time. She sounds and looks great though!

Her appearance will be changing soon...
Beautiful but only 1 picture? And nothing showing the new axleback! Come on, you can do better Show it off...

1965 Mustang Coupe
stlwagon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1