I don't have to be a lurker any more! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie
S197 Member

I don't have to be a lurker any more!

My name is Dave and I work at a Ford Dealership (I sell cars). I'm 30 yrs old and have never owned my own car. I only have had a demo (free car - Focus) up until this point.

Now my demo has company...

Since it was announced (0.0% for 72) on Tuesday, I couldn't sleep. I woke up Wednesday morning, got ready, and went into work (Ford Dealership). It was my day off...

We had a 2006 Torch Red Mustang GT coupe in stock with IUP (charcoal aluminum panel), 18" polished, and exhaust tips.

It isn't at the dealership anymore....

It's time to start shopping for mods!!

2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
Rookie
S197 Member

Congratulations!! What a great feeling. Have fun.

Mizzow00

2006 Mustang GT
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
Snackmaster

Congrats!

I've had "Kate" since March and my heart still skips a beat every time I go to the garage.

You're in for a lot of good times ahead.

Snack

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
S197 Member

Congratulations..... If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for it, being that you work at the dealership??
Thanks
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
S197 Member

A CAI is always a nice first mod. Pretty cheap for what you get out if it and easy to install. GOOD LUCK SHOPPING
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
S197 Member

NICE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
S197 Member

That's great. Congrats on the new ride.

Make sure to tell Ford how happy all of use current owners are with the 0% interest.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

0.0% for 72 months... I'm never buying a ford again. First it was the extra warranty I can't get because I have an 05, now it's this sh!t. [email protected] Ford and their stupid tactics.

I'll just wait and get a car when a deal like this comes up, instead of buying the car when I want it.

It's just not fair that you get to save thousands of dollars, just because Ford is in trouble and trying to bait people into buying their vehicles. I ever tell you guys how much I hate this world sometimes?

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
Snackmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
0.0% for 72 months... I'm never buying a ford again. First it was the extra warranty I can't get because I have an 05, now it's this sh!t. [email protected] Ford and their stupid tactics.

I'll just wait and get a car when a deal like this comes up, instead of buying the car when I want it.

It's just not fair that you get to save thousands of dollars, just because Ford is in trouble and trying to bait people into buying their vehicles. I ever tell you guys how much I hate this world sometimes?
I hear ya man... I remember your previous thread. It sucks BUT you've been able to drive your Stang and have all the great times you've had up to this point. Don't forget about that!

Besides, aren't we all just rolling in money anyway?

Have a good one,
Snack
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Congratulations on your car!

I Too have a big smile on my face when I
see my car. It's so nice. I bought it because
I liked it and wanted it, not for the price and
rebates etc... Just enjoy what you have!

Can life get any better????
S197 Member

Congrats!!!!! I've had my 06 GT since November and everyday I get in her to drive it feels like the first day...Enjoy!!!

12.4 @ 111mph

Saleen S/C, Thump Tensioner, BGG 8 Rib, Kooks, Stingers, Gords, 4.10, Spec 3+, Pro 5.0, GT500 FPs, GT500 T/B, Ultralite Springs, DSpecs, Prothane Mounts, BMR - Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs, LCA Relo Brackets, Adj. UCA, Rear Sway, Sway Delete/Rad Support
S197 Member

Wow...30 years old and your first car, I went through 10 by the time I was 30.

On the rebate and financing thing, someones always going to be bummed that they bought before a deal came out, it's happened several times to me. I bought mine in July...oh well, I'm still happy.
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
Quote:

Im not sure why your so upset, these are normal business practices. You got your car when it was released, at this point almost two years ago? You cant expect to get the same offers and deals that a new perspective buyer might get. Those who bought the 05's and 06's got in while the car was still really hot, it's about two years later now and alot of the "wow" factor is gone so they have to give incentives and deals to keep the interest high.

Either way, you still got a sweet car.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
S197 Member

Quote:

You can blame GM and other makes offering great deals. i saw a comercial for GM cars and trucks, some of the deals include 5000 off MSRP and 0% for 60 months! so you get both! ... Ford has to offer the same or they will loose sales and they are hurting...
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ckSunsh1n3
My name is Dave and I work at a Ford Dealership (I sell cars). I'm 30 yrs old and have never owned my own car. I only have had a demo (free car - Focus) up until this point.

Now my demo has company...

Since it was announced (0.0% for 72) on Tuesday, I couldn't sleep. I woke up Wednesday morning, got ready, and went into work (Ford Dealership). It was my day off...

We had a 2006 Torch Red Mustang GT coupe in stock with IUP (charcoal aluminum panel), 18" polished, and exhaust tips.

It isn't at the dealership anymore....

It's time to start shopping for mods!!
So much for that 0%. You'll need that extra $ for those mods. I figure I've got about $5000 into mine so far. Not real popular with the wife!

1965 Mustang Coupe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page