Is it difficult to install a plenum cover? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
...........BTW- you have 999 posts. Where will the 1000th be...........
Lol, wasnt here. Edit: hey it was my 2400th post here

HazMat, coolant looks like it needs to be topped off.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoenr
Lol, wasnt here. Edit: hey it was my 2400th post here

HazMat, coolant looks like it needs to be topped off.
Hey Stoenr- Another old friend..... 2400 must be some kind of record. I can remember some of your step by step guides for mods. I think one of them was the short throw shifter. Sometimes my memory is in a fog, if you know what I mean:yelpleased:
I'll look closer at the coolant. Why would it be low with only about 7k on the car? Could there be a problem?

SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I doubt theres a problem, just figured when changing those hoses you had to lose some.

When I changed the hose from the overflow to radiator I lost a bit.
Only because I removed the old hose, went back into shop to measure origional against the replacement I got sidetracked, came out to car and had a big puddle under the car, ooops! No biggie, we stock every antifreeze thats out there, topped er off with valvoline/zerex GO5.

Edit, I see you didnt change any hoses. Not sure. most cars just dont lose antifreeze for no reason. Maybe yours wasnt as full from factory as Ive seen others

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

Apprentice
S197 Member

I have a question. (nice eagle cover, by the way!)

I have a Steeda strut tower brace and I'm wondering if the plenum cover will fit under it. Anyone have a similar setup?
GT Member
S197 Member

I just got and installed my Ford plenum cover part #7R3Z-6A949-AA $49.87 plus shipping $9.95 and it took longer to get it out of the box and unwraped than it did to install, for this part you also need 2 ea. of W712289-S437 studs and 2 ea. W520411-S437 nuts (05-06's) this dealer was great5 on service etc. www.fordparts.com Ken is the man! ph.#1-800-270-7531 5 out of 5 stars

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"

I just got mine from Kevin from Brad's site today and installed it in about 5 minutes. All the studs were in the package along with some extra goodies. The cover looks great and I couldn't be happier.

A few elder neighbors watched as I installed the cover and thought I was crazy when I showed them what I was doing. After I was done they ALL commented on how much it dressed up the engine. Priceless!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page