is too many spokes wrong on the mustang? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

is too many spokes wrong on the mustang?

hi all, i'm still undecided on what rims to get coz of the $$$ factor, recently i love these crome plated Kazera KZ-S 19" light weight wheels. but a friend told me, it's kinda wrong to go with more than 5-6 spokes on the mustang. is that true? i personally don't care, but wanted to share the thought.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ka_kz_s_chrome_ci3_l.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	19017  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
S197 Member

I don't think so. I was going to go with some real nice 8 spoke 20" until I found out what they wanted for them.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-24-2006
V6 Member

personally i dont like those type of wheels on any mustangs EXCEPT for the 05 and newer. i pretty much only like actual "Mustang" wheels on any other mustang - like bullit or cobra wheels - but i think on the 05 or newer the more euro style look good. so i think they should look fine on ur car. if/when u get em..POST SOME PICS!!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006
Banned

I like spokes to be in multiples of 5....
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006
S197 Member

Whatever floats your boat is the rule to live by, your the one that pays for them so they ought to be what you like, not what someone else likes. My choice would be the same as Twister, 5 spokes for me.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006
S197 Member

Those rims look more suitable to an Integra or something from Japan, maybe a WRX, than a Mustang. I agree, 5 spoke is the way to go on Mustangs. I absolutely love the Foose Mustang wheels.. check em out....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1bfg3.jpg
Views:	1632
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	19054  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Wrong, in this case, is only defined by you. If you like a particular wheel, go for it. This isn't a Ferrari where aftemarket wheels are going to hurt you financially. Personally, I go in the opposite direction from today's trend. My favorites are Centerline racing wheels (which are solid), where you can't see anything behind the wheel. No painting calipers for me. My recommendation is that whatever rims you buy, keep the stock ones in case you sell to a purist who demands "Factory Stock".

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006
Apprentice

prefer your RS5s

They are not bad rims but they are a bit 2D i.e. flat surface. Thats why I dont really like the Ford optional 18" fanblades and prefer the bullits which are more of a 3D design i.e. the spokes have some curvature. I also think the 05+ Mustang looks really good with a rim which has a reasonable lip especially in a bigger size rim=19"+. The RS rims you posted earlier are better in this respect. I would not be too concerned about the number of spokes - I have 10 spokes although they are grouped in pairs - a bit like GT500 (attached) but different! My only real recommendation is to take your time, do some web surfing, and solicit feedback like you are doing if it is valuable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	gt500_wheel.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	256.1 KB
ID:	19075  

06 GT Tungsten with quicksilver stripes, Prem with red interior, FSAB, stickshift. Lightning Performance 62mm TB, WMS CAI with Ram Air box, Kooks Long Tube headers, X-pipe and Magnaflow back system. Diablo Predator tuner. Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks, Eibach Sportline springs, BMR adj panhard. Stern ST-1 Beast 20" x 8.5" & 9.5" staggered wheels in Hyperblack with Nitto 555s, 255/35 & 275/35. 12" Phat antenna.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006
S197 Member

Those rims look okay but I don't like the 10 lug hole part and the center cap. I was looking at someting similar to what you have there but ended up going with the following:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Mustang pic 012.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	19147   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang pic 014.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	19148  
S197 Member

I am definately a 5 spoke man
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTH Jimmy
Those rims look okay but I don't like the 10 lug hole part and the center cap. I was looking at someting similar to what you have there but ended up going with the following:
Just as exhaust is a personal taste, wheels are too. I'm a fan of 5 spokes but I don't like the way the spoke meets the rim on these. It makes them look too flat. They look more "old school" with some offset where the spoke meets the wheel.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornyGT
hi all, i'm still undecided on what rims to get coz of the $$$ factor, recently i love these crome plated Kazera KZ-S 19" light weight wheels. but a friend told me, it's kinda wrong to go with more than 5-6 spokes on the mustang. is that true? i personally don't care, but wanted to share the thought.
I bought the Kazera KZA 5 spoke 18" and they look great and are fairly light. Just a thought, but whats nice about the 5 spoke as compared to the KZS or multiple spokes, is that you can get your hands way back in the wheel for easy cleaning of brake dust etc. Good luck.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member

Thanks all for your valuable input. Actually I am a 5 spoke person too, although i don't think it's wrong to have more than 5 spokes for the 05+ mustangs. The thing is I'm just developing a new taste for japanese or european wheels on the new mustangs. I was going for the foose nitrous ones, I absolutely dig them, but shipping cost will rip my wallet up considering where i live now. plus the foose wheels don't come in 19" and i thought if I can afford the wheels I should go bigger than 17" by at least 2 inches. 20"s is too much for a daily driver, and 18" is just not worth the change.
so i think i'm a little turned down and will look further. damn you foose why r u so expensive!
PONY Member
S197 Member

I've actually seen these rims, or some almost exactly like them on a Black S197 with some sort of body kit and I thought it looked pretty sweet. I say go for it.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page