LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-25-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Well... I got the 06!!!!

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

I went to my dealer and they only wanted to give me $20k for my car. So, for me to downgrade to a V6, I'd have to pay more than what I owed on my GT. I walked.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
MACH I Member

Local dealer here states no deals on the GT'S.

2005 GT coupe

S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1213
Local dealer here states no deals on the GT'S.
Ford wesite states "all 06 cars and trucks except Ford GT, and some F Series trucks"

Depending on what state; you may check to see what your sales tax will add to the price of the payout. With a change due on the 08's, maybe you should just do that and wait. Regardless, with the 2007's on the floor, you still have a year old car. I'd wait. Do a refinance with your lender at a better rate and lower your current payments that way! It's worth an inquiry!
MACH I Member

Here in Taxachusetts you get whacked w/excise tax, so any deal you make you lose w/ this suckass tax. I'd rather throw that cash out the window to the street walkers!

2005 GT coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm afraid I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon. Especially since this car has been giving me hell since I got it. I'm on my way to the dealer. Hope they got a car that I like. I'm thinking of going with the blue and maybe changing to a coupe. Well I'm off, maybe next time I log in I will have to change my sig.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
Apprentice

i went to three dealerships today and couldn't find a gt i wanted. i'm having a hard time actually finding a car.

oh well a guy at the last dealership said he'd call around on monday when the dealer trade dept. was open. we'll see if that happens.

congrats kyle f.

2007 Performance White Mustang GT - "Lucy"

-Dark IUP, Shaker 500, Leather
-SHR louvers, CDC Classic, GT/CS rear fascia
-XCal2 w/93 race tune from BamaChips
-FRPP GTAs, FRPP Xpipe, Hurst w/white shift knob
V6 Member
S197 Member

Checked into an '06 at 0% today. I asked about trading my '05 V6 for an '06 w/Pony Package. Would've cost me $65 a month more. No deal. Not a hard decision to keep my white pony.
MACH I Member

I got my ass kicked so bad trading/selling my Denali for the Mustang … I'll wait for awhile. I wanted the SS Trailblazer 2 years ago for my wife, but it never came out till this year. We ordered a loaded TB in '04 and I'm P/O'D the SS is now out.

2005 GT coupe
Apprentice

well i found the vehicle i want but the dealer would only offer me 20k on my 06 GT with 10,000 miles. i told them to blow me...

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW Rutledge
well i found the vehicle i want but the dealer would only offer me 20k on my 06 GT with 10,000 miles. i told them to blow me...
20K must be the going rate for dealers, my dealer said the same thing, Kelly Blue book says 22.5.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #43 of 50 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
I got 21k out of mine and they are removing the mods at cost to them and handing the parts back to me. Thats probably worth $500 right there IMO

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
S197 Member

I traded the 05 V6 for a 06 GT Saturday. I now understand GT people a lot better. The difference in the ride and handling is unreal. I thought the trade in allowance was just a little low but I'm able to buy on the X Plan so it didn't bother me too much. My monthly payment is $85 a month less. Plus my insurance might actually be less. On Friday my agent said it would be $12 amonth more. But with the antilock brakes, side airbags and passive antitheft it should be at least the same.

Got the same color - Windviel Blue. It's a premium with auto trans. I was thinking manual but the wife wasn't too happy about that. Have to have some give and take. Especially since she had gotten me the V6 as aChristmas present in o4.

All I can add is "This is how a Mustang should be!".
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch
20K must be the going rate for dealers, my dealer said the same thing, Kelly Blue book says 22.5.
hey kyle f wasn't yours an 05? mine was an 06 and they still said 20k! if i could get kbb i would do it - just checked it and it says $22k for "good" and $23.5 for "excellent". mine's probably somewhere in between.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page