Feedback wanted: 2007 GT with Saleen S/C just installed at Saleen plant - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006 Thread Starter

Feedback wanted: 2007 GT with Saleen S/C just installed at Saleen plant

I picked up my 2007 Mustang GT today at the Saleen plant in Irvine, CA. I bought it in Sacramento and discovered that I could have the supercharger installed for less money (and hopefully less problems) by Saleen themselves. I drove it down last week flew back. They have been overwhelmingly responsive and have finished exactly when promised. We were given a tour of the plant and it was very, very impressive. The total cost for the S/C and a short throw shifter was less than $8K installed.

The car is a blast. I drove from Irvine to Sacramento (about 450 miles) in less than 6 hours. The difference between 300 and 435 HP is a lot of fun and adreneline. I followed this up with a hellishly fast drive to San Francisco (90 miles in 50 minutes) with my pissed wife and daughter who had bought theatre tickets weeks before I made the "Saleen Decision" without telling them. The 2007 Ford Mustang GT equipped like mine is possibly the most perfect vehicle ever made for weaving in and out of fast moving traffic. Especially in the tree hugging, save the whales, alternative energy loving nightmare known as San Francisco. God bless America, Steve Saleen, the Beltronics Radar Detector and Ford. What a perfect day.

I have been around cars and heavy equipment my whole life but am not a "real" gearhead. Reading this and other forums has given me the impression that there are many other upgrades I should or must get in order to maximize the life of my engine. Many have said the Saleen tune sucks. Other talk about cold air, injectors, etc. the list goes on and on.

I am just a middle aged white guy who wants to occasionally use the 435HP to kick the crap out of the teenagers driving around the rice burners. I want a clean looking sleeper with no foilers spoilers or anything else that will ruin the clean look of this amazing convertible, regardless of performance. Most of all I don't want to not do something that will F*#k up my engine.

Any comments? Oh yeah, I think I may be in possession of the world's first 2007 Saleen S/C'd Mustang. They had the 2007's in the plant but had not begun the conversion process.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Congrats... Brave man to make an $8000 decision w/o consulting the boss! If I did that, I wouldn't be typing this today!.

May want to look at a CAI, larger injectors, better fuel pump (or boost-a-pump). May also want to consider some suspension upgrades to keep that extra power focused on the ground (LCAs, UCA, panhard rod, springs).

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006
Rookie
S197 Member

The Saleen tune is good to go, it is a conservative tune on the engine to keep everything intact under high power. I know the extra Saleen goodies cost more money, but the addition of their exhaust, pullies, air box (ETC) will get you all can out of the stock motor. Most of the Saleen cars dyno around 390hp and 400 lb-ft from the factory. There is am extreme supercharger upgrade package out there you can add on to increase power to about 410 Hp and 415 lb-ft. That is about as high as you can go before you need to forge out the internals. The addition of the racecraft suspension, will keep those back tires under you for a bit longer too. Congrats on the purchase, I hope you got an autograph for your arm and leg, I mean your 8K.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-27-2006
S197 Member

thats a great deal! what's the warranty? and will the dealer give you any crap when it comes to warranty work? Post those pics...and start working on the suspension mods to help you get all that power to the ground. I was checking out a Saleen w/blower at the race track the other night and he just wans'nt putting the power to the ground..i think saleen suspension is very stiff or he just couldnt drive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page