Who wins Gto or Gt - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006 Thread Starter
Rookie

Who wins Gto or Gt

Stock 05 Gto automatic or 05 Gt automatic w/axleback,Jlt Cai,Bamachips 93 octane tune. This is a 1/4 mile race!!!

2012 Grabber Blue Gt
Auto
Stock For Now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006
S197 Member

run the race and report back here.

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006
4.6L Member

About Mid way GTO will pull on you , GTO`s have a nasty top end !

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006

If you can drive you will take him off the line and hold it close to 100, where he will start pulling.

I have a video of me (mods in sig) vs. my friends ls2 GTO Ill post it up as soon as its uploaded
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006
4.6L Member
S197 Member

People will pay to see this- please post!
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006

GTO should pull harder almost the whole way through I think, especially in an automatic. There may be room for driver error if they're manuals

read this- http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565726

But I would assume the Mustang to pull ahead off the line and the GTO to reel it back in pretty quickly if they're both autos. I'm not sure how much those mods would help out the GT, you'd probably be more familiar with that than I am- so I just bench raced them stock vs stock.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006

I agree the GTO should win, especially in my race but obviously the kid is not a great driver so I capatilized on it...But my friend is getting off work tonight at 10:00 and is going to send me the footage from his camera then. I will upload it HOPEFULLY tonight, but if not should be on by tomorrow morning.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

subscribing to the thread for the video!

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006

Ok I have the videos and they are being uploaded/optimized on youtube...if you want to see the raw footage videos tonight IM me at MattP 343

A full edited video will be done tomorrow mid day, and prolly available to see sometime tomorrow night
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattp343
Ok I have the videos and they are being uploaded/optimized on youtube...if you want to see the raw footage videos tonight IM me at MattP 343

A full edited video will be done tomorrow mid day, and prolly available to see sometime tomorrow night
I am assuming AIM? There are lots of instant messangers out there.

'06 Tungsten GT 18" CT-R Gunmetals
Xcal2, JLTII, UDP, ProKit, Dspecs, Bump Steer kit, SS brake hoses, Strut Tower Brace, UCA, Adj.LCA's, AntiSquats, Panhard bar, MGW shifter, Steeda cowl hood, Hood pins, MRT hood struts*, 14" Antenna, Sequencial TL's, 07 Plenum cover, PJ Saleen heritage fascia, CDC ductail, SSE 1/4 window louvers, MAG mirror inserts, Rear trunk painted, MGW window switch plates, Billet door lock pins, Interior trunk release, Tint.

yes I am on AIM right now, so IM me if u want to see the raw footage vids.... MattP 343

edit: here is one of the websites for the first race, but it WILL give you an error message until the video has been fully processed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppF_c0nuW2Y
BOSS Member
S197 Member

What doesn't that kid understand about three horns? He left after like 1 horn. LOL. My car won't stay still? LOL. Oy

Anyway, I believe the stang is gunna take off hard, and the GTO might catch back up...but I don't know. With those mods, they should both be running low 13s. Normally I'd say it's a drivers race, but they are both autos.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500

yeah I jumped the gun on that run, and he had traction control on. Other videos are still being optimized wtf? youtube?

edit: on the "my car wont stay still"-GTO We were on a downhill slope and he is an idiot LOL
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattp343
yeah I jumped the gun on that run, and he had traction control on. Other videos are still being optimized wtf? youtube?

edit: on the "my car wont stay still"-GTO We were on a downhill slope and he is an idiot LOL
Lol. Oh well. I dunno...youtube was playing fine with me.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
S197 Member

the different year gto's have different horsepower i dont remember if it cam eout in 05 or 04 but the 1st year has about 300 horse and the second year and there after have 400 horsepower

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page