New Shelby GT Announced - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
S197 Member

I agree it should have been a 350. Maybe a 302 with headers, gears, CAI,functional hood and some suspension upgrades. With that setup you could see 350 at the crank and I could see spending 4-6k over the GT. It will be interesting to see what MSRP is on these.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
This kinda cra* makes me wanna buy an import.

It's like they didn't even try with this one. Any1 else feel Ford is trying to pull some extra cash outta the mustangs since their sales are suffering so much, that they slap on some minor mods and Call it a Shelby GT?

Shelby is gunna tarnish his name with products like this.
dude, shelby tarnished his name decades ago when he put it on Dodge products. remember the shelby dakota or the shelby daytona?? he is just trying to restore it by getting it onto decent cars like mustangs... my opinion, f--- carroll shelby. that old geezer doesnt care about what his name is on, as long as he is getting the kudos and the cash. SVT built that GT500, he just "approved it" and Ford knew they (the GT500's) would commend top dollar if they revamped the old nameplate Shelby. my .02, they should have just called the GT500 the SVT Mustang Cobra GT500, and left the shelby lettering off, cause "the man" didnt have s--t to to with it other than to pose for a few photos with it, and sign his contract allowing ford to use his name on it.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Let see, you have the...
V6 (Delux and Premium)
V6 Pony
CS6 (Shelby's V6)
GT (Deluxe and Premium)
GT/CS
Shelby GT
Rousch GT
Steeda GT
Saleen GT
Shelby GT500

All directly available from a new Ford dealer... not all can sell each model... but each aftermarket manufacturer has certified dealers.

All models have distingueshed Characheteristics...

I see it as 10... a Steed for every Need indeed. :hihi: and for every wallet.
The fact that the other models are available didn't keep me from buying a regular GT... or 2 LOL.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's

Apprentice
4.6L Member

Nice car

I like the car. I like any new mustang. My fear is that the dealers will mark up the price and no average buyer will be able to afford it. Besides for the money I am sure you could make a regular GT just as fast if not faster. Ford better be careful where they set the price point.
I would expect it to be mid to upper 30's which may entice some buyers. If it goes over 40 thousand I do not see very many being sold unless all of the collectors snatch them up. It will be intersting to see what happens.

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed, weekend toy,satin silver , air silencer delete, added K&N FIPK II CAI, Flowmaster 40 series mufflers, Mach one chin spoiler, Mach one grill, Diablo Predator 93 octane performance tune, Ford Racing springs, J&M subframe connectors, Brembo 2 pt strut tower brace, Cobra brakes, FRPP 3.73 gears, rear spoiler delete, SMR 0846
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle F
Let see, you have the...
V6 (Delux and Premium)
V6 Pony
CS6 (Shelby's V6)
GT (Deluxe and Premium)
GT/CS
Shelby GT
Rousch GT
Steeda GT
Saleen GT
Shelby GT500

All directly available from a new Ford dealer... not all can sell each model... but each aftermarket manufacturer has certified dealers.

The fact that the other models are available didn't keep me from buying a regular GT... or 2 LOL.
I'm with ya but Saleen, Rousch and steeda are considered aftermarket mustangs with warrenties, I think. If you add all the aftermarket stangs you could throw Foose and etc..... in with those so they to the general population don't count. IMO.
The V6 deluxe and pony same car different options...
Not going after you personally thou just an opinion.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Let see, you have the...
V6 (Delux and Premium)
V6 Pony
CS6 (Shelby's V6)
GT (Deluxe and Premium)
GT/CS
Shelby GT
Rousch GT
Steeda GT
Saleen GT
Shelby GT500

you cant count roush, steeda, foose, or saleen. ford has nothing to do with those companies other than an agreement to cover the existing car warranty whenever thier parts are installed by thier certified techs. the dealers who deal in those cars buy them from those companies, not from ford. eg: roush buys a GT from ford, turns it into a roush, assigns it a roush vin and a new MSRP and then sells it to a dealer who has an agreement with roush to sell thier cars. ford has nothing to do with those cars, other than building the base GT from which those cars were made. dont give ford credit for something they are not giving us. if your going to do that, you might as well thank ford for all the mods you are putting on that new 06 you just bought, that you are paying for and installing...... same thing. now who deserves that credit? you and the aftermarket? or ford? im sure not thanking ford for my hurst shifter that i installed. matter of fact, with regards to that part i feel that i had to spend $160 of my $$ and 30 minutes of my time to fix fords screw up b/c that stock shifter sucked that bad.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Let the inflation begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark
These are the identical cars for the Hertz rent a car except with a different paint scheme and you can do the 325 hp, scoop, etc. for a lot less with your current GT. I just came from my dealer and he has a Shelby GT rag top in the show room with a butt ugly mustard yellow color. MSRP is 47,000. The front splitter and rear diffuser is awesome but thats about it.
$47K for a Mustang that someone can probably beat with a regular GT with a tune and CAI. That is just bulls**t. Ford is just trying to squeeze as much money out of the consumers by offering limited edition Mustangs. Hey if you want to get a rare Mustang how about buying a regular GT and modding it to your own liking. Then it's not #x of 10,000 but 1 of 1. And for $47K you could buy a regular GT and mod the hell out of it, even make it look alot better than this last installment of the Mustang. I'm not knocking on Shelby but I was not that impressed with this "new" Mustang I mean it looks nice but not $47K nice. The only thing I really liked was the rear spoiler delete. I would much rather get a CS6, now that is an authentic Shelby product not a Mustang with a couple Ford aftermarket parts slapped on it and a cool Shelby plate in between the AC ducts. Anyway just my .02 cents.

Silver '05 Premium Convertible,5 Spd Mnl,IUP, C&L CAI, Bassani Axle Backs, Predator 91 Octane Tune, Hurst Shifter, IVA-310 Alpine touch screen stereo, 10" W7's 1500W HiFonics amp MB Quartz component speakers 600W HiFonics amp.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT Express
$47K for a Mustang that someone can probably beat with a regular GT with a tune and CAI. That is just bulls**t. Ford is just trying to squeeze as much money out of the consumers by offering limited edition Mustangs. Hey if you want to get a rare Mustang how about buying a regular GT and modding it to your own liking. Then it's not #x of 10,000 but 1 of 1. And for $47K you could buy a regular GT and mod the hell out of it, even make it look alot better than this last installment of the Mustang. I'm not knocking on Shelby but I was not that impressed with this "new" Mustang I mean it looks nice but not $47K nice. The only thing I really liked was the rear spoiler delete. I would much rather get a CS6, now that is an authentic Shelby product not a Mustang with a couple Ford aftermarket parts slapped on it and a cool Shelby plate in between the AC ducts. Anyway just my .02 cents.
The GT 500 only costs $42K so come down a little with the price actually alot right around the Cali special edition $32- $34 range. I know where your going thou and you sound a little wound up but hey it is a SHELBY were talking about.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I see a mod potential in the grille,it looks like it would fit a GT.I've priced the California Special front bumper cover and its less that a standard GT unit.Ford is making it real easy to clone these new Mustangs but thats OK.If Ford wants to sell quality parts that fit,its an excellent way to mod your ride.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmays06
WHAT!!!!Shelby tarnis his name by putting out a Mustang? DID you bump your head? Shelby approached ford to do this not the other way around.
FORD put out one of the most talked about cars in years, put 300 HP into a $25000 car that you couldn't touch for almost a year at a dealer and your still not happy. GO BUY AN IMPORT and deal with the $10K mod to make it do 15sec in the 1/4 mile. OK so I guess Ford should put CAI and fender scoops on all the stangs right?
THis is a classy car and we don't need folks and comments like this holding it down......
I couldn't agree with you more. I hear people bitching about bad shifters, cheap interior, long antennas, no this too much that, and on and on. I bought a 300 hp car that looks beautiful and was priced at $27,890. If Ford were to add every doodad that all these guys constantly complain about I would NEVER had been able to afford what I believe to be the best Mustang EVER. There...I said it.
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
I couldn't agree with you more. I hear people bitching about bad shifters, cheap interior, long antennas, no this too much that, and on and on. I bought a 300 hp car that looks beautiful and was priced at $27,890. If Ford were to add every doodad that all these guys constantly complain about I would NEVER had been able to afford what I believe to be the best Mustang EVER. There...I said it.
Well said! I bet the Mopar and Chevy guys will end up paying the same money for a V-6 Camaro/Challenger.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoNomyk
I couldn't agree with you more:hihi:

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
GT Member
S197 Member

I know I've been mad at Ford lately because I couldn't take advantage of their shortcomings (getting the new warranty and 0% apr), but our Mustangs are beyond incredible. Sure, there are faster GM's, Pontiacs, and Dodges, but they have to pay out the ass to out perform us. That's why when I pass that new mammoth Charger SRT10, or whatever the hell is is, that has like 400+ hp, I laugh since they had to pay $35k+ for it.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I know I've been mad at Ford lately because I couldn't take advantage of their shortcomings (getting the new warranty and 0% apr), but our Mustangs are beyond incredible. Sure, there are faster GM's, Pontiacs, and Dodges, but they have to pay out the ass to out perform us. That's why when I pass that new mammoth Charger SRT10, or whatever the hell is is, that has like 400+ hp, I laugh since they had to pay $35k+ for it.
What a perfect waste of what was once a proud nameplate...Charger, GTO also for that matter.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Let see, you have the...
V6 (Delux and Premium)
V6 Pony
CS6 (Shelby's V6)
GT (Deluxe and Premium)
GT/CS
Shelby GT
Rousch GT
Steeda GT
Saleen GT
Shelby GT500

And don't forget the GTR and the Foose GT (also available through dealers). And the GT-H, while not really available through dealers (other than as a Shelby GT) it still has it's own designation. There was also the announced and yet to be released Boss Mustang. Who know's what the future will hold. Maybe even another Mach 1.
For the money, I'd rather get the Foose GT. I think it has more style and goodies than the Shelby GT.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page