New Shelby GT Announced - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

New Shelby GT Announced

Ford announced a new Shelby GT:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...le_00732.shtml

It a regular GT with a FRPP power pack, handling pack and a couple of non-functional-stick on scoops installed.

Not very impressive.

2005 Mustang GT with 300 ci 04 Cobra iron block, Kenne Bell 2.6l twin screw, P&P S3 Heads, SS valves, Comp S3 cams, Currie 9+ 9" rear end and DS, Hurst shifter, BMR K-member, A-arms, LCAs & UCA, JBA long tubes & mid-pipe, Accel COPs, Dual GT500 fuel pumps, much more...
670 RWHP, 640Tq @ 16 psi & 6400 RPM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
I briefly skimmed over the article... how much is the pricetag going to be?

Ok, so handling pack and power pack with a lower rear gear. Why don't they just go ahead and drop the shorty headers in as well?

There are better CAI kits, better tunes, and better handling packages, but not better names (Shelby).

Hmmm... seems like just a lot of common mods with a name. Its not even Shelby parts.

Bummer.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
S197 Member

Im starting to lose track of all the different types and styles of stangs. I just don't understand Ford sometimes........ They are going to overprice them and hope for the best. See ya on the unemployment line guys.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Yeah but you get that cool numbered plate between the A/C ducts! I'm sure it will be overpriced just due to the name alone.

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

i still say that the GT with its 300 hp and 320 ft-lbs is the best bang for buck. im sure the shelby GT will be at least 4 or 5K over the base GT, and for what? 25HP and 10 lbs of torque? you guys can get that for $600 with a CAI and tuner combo... and i wouldnt waste my time (or $$) with any FRPP parts, save the hurst shifter and the 4.10 gears. all the other items (scoops, stripes, grille, etc.) are already made by many aftermarket companies. the only thing you cant get is the autographed a/c ducts. its cool though, the more models the merrier!!!

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
S197 Member

I read somewhere the MSRP will be $42,975
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
The $42K+ is for the GT 500, different car.

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
S197 Member

Yeah that's right, when I read that I thought it was awful close to the GT 500 price, but they were discussing the new coupe only Shelby GT.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

This kinda cra* makes me wanna buy an import.

It's like they didn't even try with this one. Any1 else feel Ford is trying to pull some extra cash outta the mustangs since their sales are suffering so much, that they slap on some minor mods and Call it a Shelby GT?

Shelby is gunna tarnish his name with products like this.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
i still say that the GT with its 300 hp and 320 ft-lbs is the best bang for buck. im sure the shelby GT will be at least 4 or 5K over the base GT, and for what? 25HP and 10 lbs of torque? you guys can get that for $600 with a CAI and tuner combo... and i wouldnt waste my time (or $$) with any FRPP parts, save the hurst shifter and the 4.10 gears. all the other items (scoops, stripes, grille, etc.) are already made by many aftermarket companies. the only thing you cant get is the autographed a/c ducts. its cool though, the more models the merrier!!!

I'll disagree about the FRPP parts being a waste of money. I had a FRPP throttle body and got it for a steal, no problems. FRPP also makes some really good gears and the C-springs for SN95's are a perfect choice for a daily driven car.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5twenty
Ford announced a new Shelby GT:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/artic...le_00732.shtml

It a regular GT with a FRPP power pack, handling pack and a couple of non-functional-stick on scoops installed.

Not very impressive.
These are the identical cars for the Hertz rent a car except with a different paint scheme and you can do the 325 hp, scoop, etc. for a lot less with your current GT. I just came from my dealer and he has a Shelby GT rag top in the show room with a butt ugly mustard yellow color. MSRP is 47,000. The front splitter and rear diffuser is awesome but thats about it.
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
This kinda cra* makes me wanna buy an import.

It's like they didn't even try with this one. Any1 else feel Ford is trying to pull some extra cash outta the mustangs since their sales are suffering so much, that they slap on some minor mods and Call it a Shelby GT?
Shelby is gonna tarnish his name with products like this.
WHAT!!!!Shelby tarnis his name by putting out a Mustang? DID you bump your head? Shelby approached ford to do this not the other way around.
FORD put out one of the most talked about cars in years, put 300 HP into a $25000 car that you couldn't touch for almost a year at a dealer and your still not happy. GO BUY AN IMPORT and deal with the $10K mod to make it do 15sec in the 1/4 mile. OK so I guess Ford should put CAI and fender scoops on all the stangs right?
THis is a classy car and we don't need folks and comments like this holding it down......
PONY Member
S197 Member

Ford should have bumped it to 350HP & named it a GT350 ...That would be barely palatable from a price pt. No question they are trying to Squeeze as much $$$ as possible from the stang.

I'm being patient on My Shelby's & they should come in about sticker.

Prices are already falling . The GT (40) of which only a few thousand were built for a 2 year run have already plummeted from the Highs of 200K+ . Have seen as low as 159,999 now.

GT500's will soon follow. The ebay prices have started dropping from 75-85 to 58-65 . 8 - 10 thousand run is allot of cars

IMO These Shelby GT's will sitting in the showrooms for a Long time unless the price comes in @ no more than 4K or so over a normal GT ( & even then I would give pause).

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

its looks real sharp but like they said, you can do this to your average day GT with a couple g's. i like all the enthusiasm, but the're overdoing how many models they want to come out with. 9 new models!?!?! thats just ODing on the mustang namesake. only my .02 cents

2010 Sterling Grey GT
SLP Loudmouths
C&L CAI
SCT SF3/X3 Tuner
Tuned by Henson Performance
V6 Member
S197 Member

Maybe but I don't get the 9 different. V6, GT, Shelby aren't the rest options???

Quote:
its looks real sharp but like they said, you can do this to your average day GT with a couple g's. i like all the enthusiasm, but the're overdoing how many models they want to come out with. 9 new models!?!?! thats just ODing on the mustang namesake. only my .02 cents

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page