GM makes it even more competative - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
GM makes it even more competative

GM is offering 0% for 60 months, plus now they are offering another $1500 off trucks, and 500-1000 off cars with the 0% financing.

Lets see what ford does, maybe you guys that are thinking of getting an 06 GT or any ford car or truck....wait till almost labor day and see if ford does the same.

sincitystang is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
GT Member
S197 Member
 
pumpdoc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 2,445
 
Let the price wars begin:eyepoppin


'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
pumpdoc is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006
Rookie
S197 Member
 
Bl4ckSunsh1n3's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Woodridge, IL
Posts: 41
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
GM is offering 0% for 60 months, plus now they are offering another $1500 off trucks, and 500-1000 off cars with the 0% financing.

Lets see what ford does, maybe you guys that are thinking of getting an 06 GT or any ford car or truck....wait till almost labor day and see if ford does the same.
They better match Ford's 0.0% for 72.

$1000 bucks at 0.0% for 72 mos. is around $13 in payment.

$1000 bucks at 0.0% for 60 mos. is around $16 in payment.

Anyone who wants to get a Mustang GT for 0.0% (especially a 5 spd) better act quickly. There aren't many out there, and dealerships won't readily trade 'em if they have 'em. There are still automatics out there though...

The program was announced a week ago today (at dealerships).

Other cars that are going to be a ***** to get one week later:

06 Ford Escape
06 Ford Focus

Fusion will be scarce soon as well.

2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
Bl4ckSunsh1n3 is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl4ckSunsh1n3
They better match Ford's 0.0% for 72.

$1000 bucks at 0.0% for 72 mos. is around $13 in payment.

$1000 bucks at 0.0% for 60 mos. is around $16 in payment.

Anyone who wants to get a Mustang GT for 0.0% (especially a 5 spd) better act quickly. There aren't many out there, and dealerships won't readily trade 'em if they have 'em. There are still automatics out there though...

The program was announced a week ago today (at dealerships).

Other cars that are going to be a ***** to get one week later:

06 Ford Escape
06 Ford Focus

Fusion will be scarce soon as well.
If the Fusion becomes scare, just let me know, and anyone wanting one mine is up for adoption! :hihi:
mrvandermey is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
GT Member
S197 Member
 
Jenkinsbball's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Melissa
Posts: 1,042
 
I saw a Fusion at the dealership on 20s w/ duel chrome exhaust. It looked pretty sharp, but not as nice as our stangs.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
Jenkinsbball is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
S197 Member
 
HazMatLadder26's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 538
 
I heard GM's offer is only for a few days and it excludes Vettes. No where near as good as Fords offer.
HazMatLadder26 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006 Thread Starter
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
The vette is never included. I just saw gm offering 0% + cash back... i hear they are going for the 72 months right at the end of the sale ..
sincitystang is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member
 
JEB's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Vicksburg
Posts: 1,916
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I saw a Fusion at the dealership on 20s w/ duel chrome exhaust. It looked pretty sharp, but not as nice as our stangs.
We bought the wife a loaded Milan, the Mercury version.
Love that car!

We just drove to New Orleans and back over this past weekend, very comfortable.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
JEB is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member
 
jasons99gt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Marysville
Posts: 554
 
Send a message via Yahoo to jasons99gt
I'm a sales manager at a Ford store in the Columbus, Ohio area. 0% for 72 months is doing its intended action...Clearing us out! Dont even think about waiting for something better. Better incentives only move less desireable vehicles.

99gt vert, CAI, Ford Racing Shortie Headers, MAC 2.5in catback, MAC o/r h-pipe, FRPP alum. driveshaft, March underdrive pullies, sct custom dyno tune, eibach pro-kit, bullitt alum pedals, Cobra Brake Kit, Tokico shocks and struts, PIAA bright whites...FRPP 4.10s!
jasons99gt is offline  
S197 Member
 
mark's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 288
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
I heard GM's offer is only for a few days and it excludes Vettes. No where near as good as Fords offer.
True, and the factories never give breaks on the hot sellers such as the Vette, only the crap that is not selling well, like run of the mill cars that performance customers dont want anyway.
mark is offline  
 
pfiandra's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 317
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
If the Fusion becomes scare, just let me know, and anyone wanting one mine is up for adoption! :hihi:
Yo mrvandermey. Did you ever get that hesitation issue straightened out?
pfiandra is offline  
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiandra
Yo mrvandermey. Did you ever get that hesitation issue straightened out?
I took it into the dealer complaining all over the place. I even took the tech with me to show him what I am talking about...the final answer, after checking every Technical Bulletin, hooking up to the diagnostic machine, and running several tests, is that the hestitation I feel is a natural characteristic of the car, especially since I have the V6 with 6 speed auto tranny. So I guess I am stuck with a very awesome looking, yet very gutless daily driver known as the Fusion. Almost makes me want to commute in my Stang...even with the lousy gas mileage, I would at least have a smile for the power under the hood.
mrvandermey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What makes you love the mustang over the camaro? 97woodwarddream 4.6L Talk 18 08-30-2006 02:15 AM
Clutch makes noise srthomas35 Mustang Tech 2 07-20-2006 12:23 PM
Unable to find 93 Cobra R wheels. Anyone know a company that makes replicas? nykmad 5.0L Tech 6 06-17-2006 02:27 AM
NE1 Know Who Makes These Wheels?? BeBeep 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 7 06-04-2006 07:46 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1