HO Whipple SC ordered today - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

HO Whipple SC ordered today

Hi Guys,
Well decided to go SC after much debate, just ordered a HO Whipple SC.
I also requested a 8 psi pulley in addition to the original 10 psi one, will start with a safe custom tune @ 8 psi, we'll also move the IAT into the boosted air.
Looks like it might be here next week, I'll keep you posted.

'06 tungsten GT with pony package, CDC ducktail, MT, KB 2.6 I/C 9 psi, Centerforce DF, Shorty's, SLP Powerflow's, SOS pod / Cobalt fuel + boost, Steeda sport springs / bumpsteer kit / camber adjusters / G track brace, Tokico D spec, FRPP sway bar kit, BMR panhard/UCA, Spohn LCA's, Stop Tech stage 2, 18" 9/10 staggered chrome DD bullitts, KDW 2, Alpine/Ipod + JL Audio, 400+ rwhp/rwtq on 91 oct.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

So d oyou have to throw out your CAI? Or can you use it with the Whipple?

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
So d oyou have to throw out your CAI? Or can you use it with the Whipple?
Looks like Whipple sells their own CAI to use with their SC's on their website

2005 GT Premium Convertible, Redfire, Parchment top. 5-speed manual, Shaker 1000, Flowmasters.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I haven't seen a S/C yet that does not include a new custom air intake system.

With all these S/C's being sold, there will be a lot of good used systems for sale out there. I got my C&L CAI and Predator, used- and they look and work just like new- saved me about $400!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
S197 Member

I hope you have that kit in a week but I wouldn't count on it. I think Lethal Performance just got there's today and it was the only one they got I believe. Many have been waiting for this kit for a long time.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

yes somebody will get a C&L racer intake,steeda motion delete plates for a very good price eventually. I'm keeping my SCT xcal since we're going custom tune.
I'm being told that I would be the 2nd in North America to get it, 1st was Lethal Weapon, like you said there is other people waiting for this kit as well...we'll see...

'06 tungsten GT with pony package, CDC ducktail, MT, KB 2.6 I/C 9 psi, Centerforce DF, Shorty's, SLP Powerflow's, SOS pod / Cobalt fuel + boost, Steeda sport springs / bumpsteer kit / camber adjusters / G track brace, Tokico D spec, FRPP sway bar kit, BMR panhard/UCA, Spohn LCA's, Stop Tech stage 2, 18" 9/10 staggered chrome DD bullitts, KDW 2, Alpine/Ipod + JL Audio, 400+ rwhp/rwtq on 91 oct.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Any of you guys scared that you don't have forged internals? Or is it just over kill. There is a supercharger in my future, but I'm always mulling the idea of switching out the pistons and crank, but it's a nice chunk of change to do that.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Waxed'05 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Any of you guys scared that you don't have forged internals? Or is it just over kill. There is a supercharger in my future, but I'm always mulling the idea of switching out the pistons and crank, but it's a nice chunk of change to do that.
Unfortunatly; you gotta pay to play!:hihi:

'97 Cobra Vert - sold
'06 GT Sold 6/2010
Current: '06 F-250 Diesel, '10 CR-V, '11 Civic (Lease)

Ordered 12/12/12 Built 1/25/13 dealer received 1/30/13
2014 GHIG V6 Stick w/Perf. Pkg

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006

Hey dude, glad to see this. I ordered my HO Whipple a few weeks ago and was told that they were waitting on fuel pumps that should be in by now. I was informed last week that they would ship 1st week of September. Like you, I am supposed to be one of the 1st, if the pumps are in I suspect they will be shipping out quickly, as Whipple has let alot of sales get away being so late to enter the game, so they have ground to make up. I do believe that for those who were patient, the kit will be awesome though and looks killer too ( I ordered the polished)! Its going on my 06 Roush convert and I also will be selling a C&L plus a Pred tuner. I do have the SLP long tubes, x pipe , those should help the Whipple breath a little !
As far as internals, well we will just have to see. I figure if you buy one of these & it blows then its time for some upgrades :eyepoppin !
I have a ZX12 Kawasaki that everybody said I couldn't get away with more than 8 lbs of boost on street gas. I run 16 lbs plus a 50 hp dry shot and have been playing with that thing for about 12000 miles without issue, except for a problem with rear tires

Update please...
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ok guys, at the last minute I decided to go with the KB 2.6 I/C 8 psi, the reasons, quieter, a better air intake location and a proven product. The KB should arrive next week, I've got 2 months of driving left here before winter storage, well I'm going to forged my block with a lower CR before I install the KB, i'll keep you guys posted. Cheers

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zcat
Hey dude, glad to see this. I ordered my HO Whipple a few weeks ago and was told that they were waitting on fuel pumps that should be in by now. I was informed last week that they would ship 1st week of September. Like you, I am supposed to be one of the 1st, if the pumps are in I suspect they will be shipping out quickly, as Whipple has let alot of sales get away being so late to enter the game, so they have ground to make up. I do believe that for those who were patient, the kit will be awesome though and looks killer too ( I ordered the polished)! Its going on my 06 Roush convert and I also will be selling a C&L plus a Pred tuner. I do have the SLP long tubes, x pipe , those should help the Whipple breath a little !
As far as internals, well we will just have to see. I figure if you buy one of these & it blows then its time for some upgrades :eyepoppin !
I have a ZX12 Kawasaki that everybody said I couldn't get away with more than 8 lbs of boost on street gas. I run 16 lbs plus a 50 hp dry shot and have been playing with that thing for about 12000 miles without issue, except for a problem with rear tires
You're a freak bro:eyepoppin I can't imagine that kind of boost on a 12...I had one before my zx10 and the thought of either one of them with an extra dose of hp from boost is nutty.

13 GT Base
12 ZX14r
12 Super Tenere

Yea Jason, some think I'm insane, but if you've had a 12 you know that 170 RWHP starts feeling lame just like our 270 RWHP stock on the GT's. Its all relevant - the thing that scares me most on the turbobike is that it doesn't scare me anymore - LOL! That and blue lights - it would be hard explaining to the judge exactly why I was doing 200 mph ! Losing my licence would be a major downer - if you make a mistake at the speed that bike is capable of, chances are you will not feel it --- very long at least! Really, the machine is set up - stretched & lowered - so it feels rock solid like it on a rail. Oh, by the way , I'm selling it, so $15,000 will put someone on one of the trickest streetbikes in the world . A bike that will blow your mind from 50 mph to 200 mph ( disorienting at 1st! ) if you like that sort of thing and then set there & idle like a stocker when you pull over.:eyepoppin
The Whipple is supposed to ship out this week, latest by friday. I talked to Mike (at Whipple ) last Friday and he was pretty sure - 150 kits out this week, the only thing lacking was the fuel pump and I believe they have been shipped to Whipple already - somewhere in transit. I know its taken a long time, but I do think it will be worth the wait to have this kit. I almost changed my order to KB also ( I know this is a great kit too ) , but I just think the whipple will look much tricker and both kits will kick ass. My card was charged for the kit so usually that means delivery is comming rapidly.
See Ya Bro

OK , Here is the deal. My Whipple shipped Friday and I'm tracking it's journey. I have to order the FFRP programmer from Ford when the unit arrives, there is some sort of voucher for the programmer included in the package. I will have this bad boy finally after months of waitting. Should be good to go late next week hopefully. Anxious to see if it delivers the 475 RWHP they are claiming
Have some big brakes ordered too, should be in this week. I have a complete Roush suspension kit ready to go, but I got a recall on the front struts Friday , almost installed the kit last week - glad I didn't now.
R3dF1r3

I hear if FORD installs this, you get 3 year 36,000 mile warranty,no?
If that is the case, what a deal.

Let us know how ya do.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page