Menage a trois... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Menage a trois...

Whoops, I did it again...yeah, could not resist the 0% deal. Many hours of conversations with the wife, going back and forth about it, actually feeling a little guilty...like, how much is enough here? In the end, the justification/excuse was that this is gonna be the show car, the one I hope to keep as close to mint as possible, maybe 2K miles a year max, hand down to my son if he's ready to take care of it when I pass...

Ahh, who knows. Wifey drove it back from Richmond -- we went down there again, just like with Dixi, as it was the only place left with a Limer as far as I could tell from FordDirect -- and she had a smile on her face the whole ride. First comment when we got back home: "Wow." I did take it on about a 2 mile test drive and goosed it several times...and just like that other guy said in one of the other threads...now I know why you GTers are so puzzled by the V6 crew. It's just a totally 'nother vehicle, with a different (WAY more confident) sound, surer feel even stock, faster off the line and plain fearsome once you get up a head of steam. It is an awesome piece of machinery.

So now it's the menage a trois I've always dreamed of...

Dixi Candace and Luci Elinor

I'm just damn lucky to be alive right now, for the latest renaissance of America's Car.

M
U
S
T
A
N
G
S

R
U
L
E
!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dixi and Luci 083006 005.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	19225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dixi and Luci 083006 007.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	19226   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dixi and Luci 083006 003.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	19227  

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Dixi's going to be jelous Nice addition

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Time to change that signature.
The old toolbox: A great place to be, don't you think??

Congratulations, you and the wife!!

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
nghtrnnr

v6 faster off the line? who toldya that? kscoyote? ...lol....congrats bro
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Very nice to see..Can never have too many Fords or Mustangs.
Congrats on the step up.

BLACK on BLACK 05 Premium GT
Magnaflow catted X pipe -- Magnaflow catbacks

1967 Hardtop Restomod Project
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-30-2006
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

welcome to the 2 horse club congrats!

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

How blessed you are. Enjoy both rides. I bet you drive
the GT more. I love the difference between the two!
Both cars look sharp!

Can life get any better????
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Just make sure to get that Ford sticket off the Limer. My dealer had this big white sticker on mine, was a ***** to remove the sticky crap.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-31-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

you lucky son of a ....

congrats man! like the limer!

like jenkins said, get rid of that pesky dealer sticker. get your wifes hairdryer (you know, the one that gets so hot you could bake cookies with the dang thing) and heat the hell out of that sticker, then it will come off leaving very little adhesive and no marks on the paint. then use a little adhesive remover or rubbing alcohol to get the rest off.

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
GT Member
S197 Member

Also, don't advertise where you got it, as in the license plate frame. Get a chrome one like I did. Nothing worse than being in a car with dealer names all over it.

That's what I like most about the car, it doesn't have Ford or Mustang plastered all over it, like the old body with Mustang on the rear bumper. Totally cheesy.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Send a message via AIM to BlueStreak03 Send a message via Yahoo to BlueStreak03
Congrats on the addition to the garage. I'm hoping to have another SN95 in less than a year. After that, a S197 of some form or fashion, maybe even a GT500 if things go well at my new job.

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."

John Adams
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Yes, Welcome to the Two Horse Club. Its great to be able to have it more than one way.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
Apprentice
S197 Member

Damn, this thread isn't what I thought it was about!

- JIM

2006 PREMIUM GT COUPE VISTA BLUE
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFreak
Damn, this thread isn't what I thought it was about!
Yes, very very disappointed.

Still, it is good to have you on the dark side, with a GT in the stable. How long until you "understand" what the convertible guys are talking about?

I never will but some of them really look sharp.... in a convertible kinda way

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
PONY Member
S197 Member

A Man Can Dream

I suggest you head on over to the "Mustang Ladies" gallery and select your dream trist -- leave the forums for real car talk!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page