Granatelli Motorsports - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
I'm sure they're busy over there but a quick e-mail "we're looking into it" is not too much to ask... I'll send a link for this to JR...
The fact that I had to be sent a link just to find this post should give some inducation that I can only monitor so many websites. I reply to all phone calls, emails and letters written to me. A quick search on most of the other popular Mustang Website will prove to everyone that GMS is all about customer service. Our cold air kits are 2nd to none - no one can make as much power with or without a flash tool. Our dyno numbers are not favorable to us they are factual. Our website shows all tests that are perfomed LIVE in streaming video. Most dyno tests are performed with the customers present. Our dyno figures are healthy because we know what we are doing and understand how to extract power from FORDS.

It would appear as though too many people want to follow the status quo.

Why are people so quick to complain in detail but things go right they just say "part worked"?

Customer service does not mean let the customers run all over you. all too often a customer installs a part wrong or what ever and then takes the easy way out and blame the manufacturer. We pay for all fright returns after the part get to us. We don't issue call tags because it is not fair to us. If you purchase a part from GMS and we owe you for shipping...we ALWAYS pay the customer for his shipping fees. If the customer is not willing to spend a few buck to send a part back for inspection then you need to ask yourself - what are they hiding.

As for the post that started all this - Bushing for control arms. Our arms have a 6 month warranty and if you split a bushing or have an issue - we send new bushings sight unseen. We can't help if you don't ask. That is why we still have a telephone. The internet is not always the fastest way for service.

If someone really has a problem and wanted service the best way to address it is not to go to a furum that they know the manufacture does not monitor.

Thanks to KJ for alerting GMS to this. WE DO SERVICE OUR CUSTOMERS. Has for a filter touching an ABS line. The ABS lines are very easy to move or bend. Also all you need to do is slide the filter to the side. We have over 1000 CAI shipped and 100's of happy posts and customers talking about better performance, better mileage and great customer service. One negative post and yee haa the keyboard cowboys start to circle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by granatelli
The fact that I had to be sent a link just to find this post should give some inducation that I can only monitor so many websites. I reply to all phone calls, emails and letters written to me. A quick search on most of the other popular Mustang Website will prove to everyone that GMS is all about customer service. Our cold air kits are 2nd to none - no one can make as much power with or without a flash tool. Our dyno numbers are not favorable to us they are factual. Our website shows all tests that are perfomed LIVE in streaming video. Most dyno tests are performed with the customers present. Our dyno figures are healthy because we know what we are doing and understand how to extract power from FORDS.

It would appear as though too many people want to follow the status quo.

Why are people so quick to complain in detail but things go right they just say "part worked"?

Customer service does not mean let the customers run all over you. all too often a customer installs a part wrong or what ever and then takes the easy way out and blame the manufacturer. We pay for all fright returns after the part get to us. We don't issue call tags because it is not fair to us. If you purchase a part from GMS and we owe you for shipping...we ALWAYS pay the customer for his shipping fees. If the customer is not willing to spend a few buck to send a part back for inspection then you need to ask yourself - what are they hiding.

As for the post that started all this - Bushing for control arms. Our arms have a 6 month warranty and if you split a bushing or have an issue - we send new bushings sight unseen. We can't help if you don't ask. That is why we still have a telephone. The internet is not always the fastest way for service.

If someone really has a problem and wanted service the best way to address it is not to go to a furum that they know the manufacture does not monitor.

Thanks to KJ for alerting GMS to this. WE DO SERVICE OUR CUSTOMERS. Has for a filter touching an ABS line. The ABS lines are very easy to move or bend. Also all you need to do is slide the filter to the side. We have over 1000 CAI shipped and 100's of happy posts and customers talking about better performance, better mileage and great customer service. One negative post and yee haa the keyboard cowboys start to circle
I only posted my comments on this site after two months of being ignored. Others on this site have helped me with mods to my car and I felt that sharing my experience may benefit someone else.
I still believe that nothing should have to be bent to install a quality
part. A redesigned metal air box is in the works. This appears to be an acknowledgement of a problem.
I do like the Granatelli CAI as I have stated several times. I just wanted a clean installation. If the redesigned air box improves the fit at the ABS lines, I would love to have it. I appreciate the fact that GMS did eventually respond to me, but I do not consider myself a "keyboard cowboy". I consider myself a paying customer,
and a Mustang enthusiast.

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by granatelli
One negative post and yee haa the keyboard cowboys start to circle
Sorry, but I have to jump in on that last...it is so, like, last century thinking. The internet has distributed power AWAY FROM the old bastions, like the mainstream media and, yes, unresponsive corporations, and TOWARDS the average citizen. It's about information and influence. Ignore it or denigrate it at your own peril. My son and daughter operate PRIMARILY online, and THAT is the expectation their generation has. Calling them "keyboard cowboys" is going to pretty much ensure a short shelf life for a company, a politician, or whomever. Get with it, Mr. G!

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers

GT Member
S197 Member

Am I wrong or was GMS saying kiss my a$$?

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpdoc
Am I wrong or was GMS saying kiss my a$$?

That's my take on it.............I'm sure that post will generate lots of new business
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Guys guys.... he is very busy. Like the guys at MD he cannot sit and answer e-mails and board posts all day... and when he does I guess he doesn't have the time to be totally PC. Yes some customers are more a pain than others but if you're wrong you're wrong... I think that's what JR said...??

Anywho, the part is not perfect, it will be fixed, and hopefully will all that bought one get a replacement or fix? They should also have gotten in touch with you sooner and offered a better fix!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
Guys guys.... he is very busy. Like the guys at MD he cannot sit and answer e-mails and board posts all day... and when he does I guess he doesn't have the time to be totally PC. Yes some customers are more a pain than others but if you're wrong you're wrong... I think that's what JR said...??

Anywho, the part is not perfect, it will be fixed, and hopefully will all that bought one get a replacement or fix? They should also have gotten in touch with you sooner and offered a better fix!
I don't know that I will get a "fix", but I agree, let's give it a rest. I regret even starting this post. But, I am very busy too, and I did spend a lot of money. That's the end of this for me.

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinjected
That's my take on it.............I'm sure that post will generate lots of new business
Things I did today:

1) Put in a good day at work
2) Had a good 40 minute workout after getting home
3) Made a great chicken caesar salad with the help of the lovely wife
4) Crossed the GMS 70 mm Throttle Body for Dixi off my wish list, and replaced it with the Loki Performance model (which is also about $100 cheaper)

So there you have it...:yelpleased:

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to btorlv
intake

like i said berore best $ 300 i ever spent. 20 plus h.p, 2 more m.p.g. and the car runs so much different. No lag, fast response and a lot more fun to drive. Yes There are better fitting intakes out there but for the price and no tune needed it is hard to beat. J.R. i love you you made the car run like it should from ford in the first place.

06/gt/vert red on red gms intake 18polish rims flow axel backs mirror inserts shorty ant. gt mats pedal covers tower brace

Ok, that does it... NO GMS products for me and I will spread the word...

If you want to loose power and have no driveability get their throttle body...
S197 Member

How can a CAI without a tune, get rid of the LAG thats built into the computer tune???

From what I understand is that you can get a tuner and a tune and get rid of the lag with the stock air box.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69stang
How can a CAI without a tune, get rid of the LAG thats built into the computer tune???

From what I understand is that you can get a tuner and a tune and get rid of the lag with the stock air box.
You're right talking about the Ford built in electronic throttle delay/lag.

On the other hand a intake that provides more air quicker with less restriction should also reduce the 'natural' delay for power delivery...??

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page