Granatelli Motorsports - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Granatelli Motorsports

I have learned that it is always better to shop around A LOT before buying. Lesson learned.

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-01-2006
Banned
4.6L Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FunkyBoss
Your post is kinda vague, What happened??? I bought a set of Granatelli weght jacker LCA's and had the bushings go bad in a few months.

post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
S197 Member

Somewhere between my order with dagostinoracing.com and Granatelli someone messed up my order for my CAI and excluded the MAF. So instead of installing it this weekend and feeling the new power of my CAI I'm looking at nothing more than a modern art sculpture. Granted it came in a week early, but without the MAF, it's useless to me!

-danny

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd05gt
I have learned that it is always better to shop around A LOT before buying. Lesson learned.

I tried communicating with Granatelli about a CAI issue. After the 6th attempt, they replied. The answer (fix) was absurd and unacceptable. I wrote a letter directly to JR Granatelli and have been ignored.

Rating 1 to 10 for Granatelli 2005 Mustang GT Cold Air Kit with MAF:

Appearance (Polished finish): 8
Performance without reflash/tune: 8
Fits a 2005 Mustang GT engine compartment: 2
Heat shield design/fit: 1
Granatelli customer support/concern:0

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the heads up.I was after a pair of the drop spindels they offer for the 05-07' Mustangs.Poco

Is there a Good Guy Bad Guy list on this Forum so we can either compliment or vent about vendors?There seems to be a few vendors not coming through with good customer service.

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Granatelli normally have good tested stuff. I'm sorry the fit (I'm guessing?) was bad! I hope you get it solved soon!

Their tune less MAF/CAI actually works and makes almost all the power a tuned one does... I wonder how much feel diff there is by still having the throttle delay etc. in the car/computer...?? Somebody with the CAI/MAF should buy a tuner and let us know power and drivability/fun gained... drivability may be subjective but would be fun/interesting to hear about...

(PS. I'm not a fan of Granatellis in house dyno testing.... often VERY favorable numbers.... but they are sales people.... they all are.... )

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
Granatelli normally have good tested stuff. I'm sorry the fit (I'm guessing?) was bad! I hope you get it solved soon!

Their tune less MAF/CAI actually works and makes almost all the power a tuned one does... I wonder how much feel diff there is by still having the throttle delay etc. in the car/computer...?? Somebody with the CAI/MAF should buy a tuner and let us know power gain and drivability/fun gained... maybe subjective but would be fun/interesting to know

(PS. I'm not a fan of Granatellis in house dyno testing.... often VERY favorable numbers.... but they are sales people.... they all are.... )
There is little hope of getting it resolved since they just do not care. They have my money, and I have learned a lesson.

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Thanks for the heads up, they are only as good as their last customers satisfaction which in this case is non-excistant. The power of the net came make or break you.

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006
S197 Member

I've seen a couple posts where they made people pay for return shipping on defective parts, or parts damaged in shipping.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandil
I've seen a couple posts where they made people pay for return shipping on defective parts, or parts damaged in shipping.
Well that seals the deal or should I say NO deal

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
S197 Member

This thread freaks me out, as I have one of their CAIs on order right now. I'll just let it go and see for myself I guess, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Curious: They claim they have a money-back guarantee - have you tried to get your money back? If they refuse to refund you still have hope, simply dispute the credit card charge. A credit card company will charge back a vendor on much less evidence of wrong-doing than you've presented here. There's nothing like a charge-back from VISA or MC to get a seller's attention - just call customer service for your card, they'll send you a form, and its a done deal.
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-02-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbiv
This thread freaks me out, as I have one of their CAIs on order right now. I'll just let it go and see for myself I guess, in for a penny, in for a pound.

Curious: They claim they have a money-back guarantee - have you tried to get your money back? If they refuse to refund you still have hope, simply dispute the credit card charge. A credit card company will charge back a vendor on much less evidence of wrong-doing than you've presented here. There's nothing like a charge-back from VISA or MC to get a seller's attention - just call customer service for your card, they'll send you a form, and its a done deal.
I thought that writing directly to JR Granatelli would help, but I am very disappointed. The Air filter does not clear the ABS system tubes. Granatelli's fix: bend the ABS tubes out of the way.
#1. Bad idea
#2. Not as easy as it sounds.
#3. I refuse to do it. A custom made piece should not require this.

A real shame, I like the system. I know I can dispute thru my credit card company, but I was hoping for some integrity.

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kd05gt
I thought that writing directly to JR Granatelli would help, but I am very disappointed. The Air filter does not clear the ABS system tubes. Granatelli's fix: bend the ABS tubes out of the way.
#1. Bad idea
#2. Not as easy as it sounds.
#3. I refuse to do it. A custom made piece should not require this.

A real shame, I like the system. I know I can dispute thru my credit card company, but I was hoping for some integrity.
That's a real shame. There is no excuse for a properly designed custom part to require any modifications. Hope it works out for you. Did you happen to take any pictures of the attempted install?

1965 Mustang Coupe
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

I'm sure they're busy over there but a quick e-mail "we're looking into it" is not too much to ask... I'll send a link for this to JR...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
I'm sure they're busy over there but a quick e-mail "we're looking into it" is not too much to ask... I'll send a link for this to JR...
I appreciate your efforts, kj_cinci. All I want is to be satisfied with the system. It looks great and performs
well, but the conflict between the ABS tubes and the air filter will certainly result in a problem just
through normal vibration. But, I am very disappointed with what I thought was a legendary name
in the automotive industry.

2005 Mustang GT
Satin Silver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page