Reckless driving - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Reckless driving

Hey all,
On Friday, I have some dumb teenagers tailgating me in there POS car. I did eveything to get them to leave me alone. I slowed down and moved over in the slow lane and they still were on my rear end. So, I punched it. Then out of no-where a state trooper stops me and not them. I was doing 106 mph he said. The kids were over 70+ when they saw him he said.
But, he decided to get me instead. Of course. Any help to get out of this. My car insurance company told me that one more ticket I would be cut off. I have gone 3 years without speeding until this. Damn, this is so upsetting. The cop believed me but still gave me a ticket anyway.

Any help please? To get out of this.

Thank you,
Firehawk536

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I don't think you can really do anything. He caught you speeding and it's his word against yours.

I was reved by some old as Chevy truck yesterday. Him and his friend kept staring at me and reving, but I had my sick wife in the car with me so I didn't do anything. I gave it like 40% throttle and still pulled away, but dropped into 5th @ 40 mph and cruised, and got a flyby.

I also got pulled over for rolling through a stop sign yesterday. I was doing maybe 2-3 mph when I did, but the piece of **** cop still nailed me and gave me a ticket. He's all like, "I checked your license and you're perfect, but here's a citation". I wanted to shoot him in the face for it. So, now, I'll have to do deferred judication or whatever so it won't go on my record.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
V6 Member

Yea man i just went to court and i have to do the drivers class to keep it off my record... pain in the a$$...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I go to court all the time...wait a minute, I am a lawyer and it is my job....lol.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
S197 Member

106? On public roads? Honestly, you should count yourself damn lucky that all you got is a ticket. Over 100 in most places means they haul your arse to jail and impound your car. Back in Ohio where I grew up, 100+ was an automatic license suspension. As an adult (who is no longer a "dumb teenager") you really should have known better. The old "they made me do it" excuse dosen't work even when you're a child, why do you expect it to work now that you're an adult?

Sorry man, you deserve far worse than you got. Consider yourself lucky and chalk this up as an expensive lesson in self-control.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

well, he cant very well just let you go for 106 mph, even given the circumstances. but reckess driving for 106 mph? dang. Indiana dont screw around do they? in OK, speed in of itself does NOT constitute reckless driving. you have to do 2 or more violations, one of them being speed. or do something to another vehicle, such as force them off the road. in other words, you do 150 here, its just basic speed, unless you hit something, or make another serious violation. (failure to signal lane change is considered serious here in OK)

at any rate, it sounds like your screwed. i would be checking into that driver improvement school. also, in OK, with our points system, you drop 2 points every year you go without any tickets. if you go 3 years without any tickets, they drop all your points to zero. you get 2 points for most serious moving violations: eg: illegal lane change, stop signs, speed 11to 25, 3 pts for over 25, and a whopping 4 for reckless. no pts for 10 and under unless you have a CMV DL. you accrue 10 or more pts, DL goes bye-bye. Indiana have a point system?

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinsbball
I don't think you can really do anything. He caught you speeding and it's his word against yours.

I was reved by some old as Chevy truck yesterday. Him and his friend kept staring at me and reving, but I had my sick wife in the car with me so I didn't do anything. I gave it like 40% throttle and still pulled away, but dropped into 5th @ 40 mph and cruised, and got a flyby.

I also got pulled over for rolling through a stop sign yesterday. I was doing maybe 2-3 mph when I did, but the piece of **** cop still nailed me and gave me a ticket. He's all like, "I checked your license and you're perfect, but here's a citation". I wanted to shoot him in the face for it. So, now, I'll have to do deferred judication or whatever so it won't go on my record.
well, you know "Stop" does mean to stop Jenkins. otherwise, it would say "Yield"

Vandermey: clear this up for me man. i get people all the time when i get them for stop signs they state: yeah, i California stopped on that one" of course i remind them that this is OK, not Cali. but i must ask.... do you guys stop out there, or is coasting through good to go? what is this "California Stop" i keep hearing about?

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

Sorry to hear about your ticket but don't blame the state trooper for your misforturne 106 is 106 not much he could do. The only thing you can do now is get a very good lawyer who's specialize in traffic tickets and hope for the best or go to court and hope the officer don't show ( good luck with that ) . Well good luck and keep us posted.

06 mustang gt 5 spd manual redfire/Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 # 372 /Tillman 93 tune/450 rwhp 435 rwt/GT 500 fuel system/high flow cats X pipe / chrome bullitt wheels / 10inch nitto 555/ MGW shifter /SLP Loudmouth/ sequential turn signals/J&M lca/ painted agent 47 mirrors and Zanio
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

The interesting trend on this forum seems to be that someone breaks the law,either by a lot or by a little,but it`s the a--hole cops fault you got the ticket?
GT Member
S197 Member

Got to agree, you are lucky they only gave you a ticket for 106 and didn't haul you off and impound you car.

GTNOS, a California stop only works when you roll thru a right hand turn on a sign or light and you don't get busted. Heck I even see the local cops do it all of the time plus change lanes in an intersection, not use their turn signals etc. Not exactly good driving examples to be sure........

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
GT Member
S197 Member

i see. yeah, sometimes us cops arent the best driving example to follow, some of us are bad about not signaling and such. id like to think its because we are so busy watching everyone else to pay attention to our own driving...

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
well, you know "Stop" does mean to stop Jenkins. otherwise, it would say "Yield"

Vandermey: clear this up for me man. i get people all the time when i get them for stop signs they state: yeah, i California stopped on that one" of course i remind them that this is OK, not Cali. but i must ask.... do you guys stop out there, or is coasting through good to go? what is this "California Stop" i keep hearing about?
The "California Stop" came around because in Los Angeles, it was common practice, although still illegal, for people to come to a near stop , not a full stop, and coast through a stop sign if the traffic is clear. If the myth is true, then that practice originated in California. I tend to think Califonria just got the blame because the life style in Southern California is a bit more relaxed than other areas. It is like "French Kissing" was not originated by the French...they just got blamed for it by the British so many moons ago, and the name stuck.

Just note, even in Calfiornia, a "California Stop" will still earn you a nifty ticket...if I am not mistaken, I think it is a $180-$220 ticket. On another note, I am not sure what the law is in othe states but in California a stop means a a full complete stop of forward motion of the front tires...there is no specific time measurement for a stop in Cali, just as long as the front tires come to a full complete stop, even for a second. Now the hard part is trying to prove that. If you stop for a second or less, and the police officer misses it, then it is your word against his, and for the most part, his word is more believable (not withstanding other evidence).
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Just note, even in Calfiornia, a "California Stop" will still earn you a nifty ticket...if I am not mistaken, I think it is a $180-$220 ticket. On another note, I am not sure what the law is in othe states but in California a stop means a a full complete stop of forward motion of the front tires...there is no specific time measurement for a stop in Cali, just as long as the front tires come to a full complete stop, even for a second. Now the hard part is trying to prove that. If you stop for a second or less, and the police officer misses it, then it is your word against his, and for the most part, his word is more believable (not withstanding other evidence).
OK is the same way. full complete rollback stop, otherwise the sign says "yield." i cant imagine any other state having a different definition. and youre right, it can be really hard to determine a full complete stop, if it is for only a second. im not that picky anyway. i look at the total picture and ask myself, are they stopping well enough to check for oncoming traffic and verify it is safe before proceeding? if not, they get a ticket, because i have worked 4 fatalilty crashes all caused from running a stop sign. and all on the SAME stop sign. our dept has wrote the state DOT about that intersection, but little can be done to change hills. bottom line is, if you run that sign, youre screwed. that sign, i am more particular about, because so many have died. we have had many other injury and non injury crashes at other signs do to running them. but for the most part, if your at least close to stopping, and you are checking for traffic, your go to go in my eyes. because if i wrote everyone whose wheels didnt come to a complete stop, id be writing every driver on the road. but the law says "stop" and that is exactly what it means.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page