Okay, I was suduced by Ford 0% Financing - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Okay, I was suduced by Ford 0% Financing

Okay boys and girls, I got seduced and I went ahead and did it...I traded in my '06 Fusion AND my '05 Mustang GT vert for an '06 F-150 with a 5.4L 300HP V8...NOT!!!!

Alright, I really did get seduced by Ford's 0% financing, and I did really trade in my '06 Fusion for a beautiful F-150 Larriat Crew Cab, with a 5.4L 300HP V8. NO WAY would I trade in the Stang. I was going to buy the black F-150 to match my Stang...but I ended up getting the burgandy (very close to the Mustang Redfire). After driving my Fusion, the 5.4L V8 of the F-150 seems like a whole different ride.

Anyways, just thought I would share with you all. Hope you all are enjoying your Labor Day weekend.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

nice truck, only downside is the difference in the amount of money your now going to spend filling up that F150 will probably be as much as the payment on the Fusion. 1 of only 2 complaints i have about mine. 12 MPG. no sh1t. it should have came with a fuel truck to pace it.... two things ford needs desperately needs to improve upon in thier trucks: stereos and fuel economy. other than that, the new F150 is awesome and drives like no other truck i have ever had. 5 star crash rating and will tow 9900 lbs too, in a 150 series truck!!

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
S197 Member

Dont feel bad, Dodge trucks get worse gas milage than fords....and i know someone who has a F series with a deisel and it gets pretty good gas milage...as long as you dont Romp on it and keep the RPMs in check. I got rid of my full size GMC sierra because gas was starting to kill me, so i got a 4 cyl toyota to replace it. Its not as glamourous as my GMC, but the gas milage is awesome.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I did get seduced by mpg.

I traded my gas guzzling '04 Expedition for a '06 GT that takes its gas according to gas pedal input as opposed to just moving. Went from 12mpg to 19(ish)mpg and my family and I are very excited. After reading through the forum for a day or two I feel pretty lucky to have found such a sweet 5spd at 0%. There were only two on the lot that had just been delivered from 2 other dealers. I bought the Silver and an employee bought the black. They did have 15 auto GT deluxe cars but they paled in comparison after cruzing my car.
Everytime the garage door opens I almost well up!

Heres a link to pics from the day she came home. Windows not even tinted yet.

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jamesmullins2...e2.jpg&.src=ph

I don't own a snow shovel.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
I had a 97 F-350 4x4 crew cab (460 V8). I think I got about 8 mpg. Got so I could no longer afford to drive it. Traded it a few years back for an 03 Ram turbo diesel (almost 20 mpg on th highway).

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I hear what you are all saying, but some background information may be helpful. First, my Mustang only gets 13-15 MPG in normal driving. I grant, it is mostly local driving. Even onthe freeway, and I keep her at 70 mph most of the time, I still only get 17-18 mpg.

Next, my Fusion wa sup for adoption because of the crappy gas mileage it got. It had a 3.0 V6 w/6-spd auto tranny. It was rated at 32 MPG. I tried everything with this car...I tried driving with cruise control on, staying right at speed limit (65 mph), I tried driving at 70 mph, and kept most of the driving on the freeway. I even let others drive the car who ar know for getting max mileage, AND after all that, I could manage was 22 MPG. I had taken the car in had it tested and still no improvement. Then to top it off, it had that nasty 3 second throttle lag. Again, nothing fixed that.

Lastly, my brother just bought the same truck and he then promptly took it on a 500 mile road trip, and he said he was getting 18-19 mpg on open highway. My new truck is rated for an average of 19 mpg. I grant, that is not likely to be accurate, but based on others I have seen, it comes damn close. So with 0% financing, my payment is only $100 more than the Fusion, and the gas mileage is not quite the same but is not grossly off. The F-150 is a much better ride in every aspect than the Fusion plus I have more utility with it than the Fusion.

So IMHO, the added cost for a truck, for which I have always liked and missed since selling mine years ago, is worth it compared to having a round the mill sedan that did not deliver what it promised.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

ive been averaging 23 to 24 in the stang:eyepoppin granted i live in a rural town with only 4 stoplights in the whole area... but dang, i got 14 mpg hard on the throttle at the drag strip....

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

I spend most of my time over at "F150online" and the rage over there lately is for guys to trade in their trucks for a new Ford Focus because of the poor gas mileage.

Don't expect great mileage out of your truck -- it just doesn't happen. I seriously question someone getting 17-18 MPG with any consistency on one of the new bodystyle trucks with the 5.4 engine. They are just such heavy vehicles that it's tough to do unless you've got a feather-touch on the gas pedal.

I've never even checked the gas mileage on my F-150 since I wouldn't want to let knowing how bad it really is keep me from enjoying the sound of my MagnaFlow cat-back system as I pull away from a stoplight! Of course, I have the luxury of only using my F-150 as a weekend cruiser, so gas mileage really isn't all that important to me.

Anyways, welcome to the F-150 family -- they're really nice trucks as long as you're not counting on them to be daily drivers that deliver great fuel economy. Get over to "F150online" and sign up -- lots of great folks with a wealth of knowledge about the vehicles!

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Mr. V: I like the combo! Now, anyone you can't dust off in the 'Stang, you can crush with the truck! A bruising fullback and a speedy tailback...sounds like a playoff contender to me...:eyepoppin

Good pickup...in both senses...enjoy it like crazy!

"I may never be famous, but my girls Dixi and Luci sure are."

Dixi Candace: Windveil Blue Stick V6 '05, Steeda CAI w/BBK 70mmTB/hi-flo inlet, XCal2, ASP UP, JBA SS Shorties/Evol, FRPP T-Lok diff, 34/28 mm F/R sway bars, MMR rear LCAs, Monte C. strut bar, Precision 3.73s, Snow H2OCH4O, "Q" grille and tons of Dixi Bling chrome

Luci Elinor: Legend Lime Auto GT '06 Premium, JLT2 CAI, XCal2 Brenspeed 93, BBK 62mmx2 TB, Steeda UPs, Pypes Violators polished, SMR strut tower, A.H. & Stage3 louvers
MACH I Member
S197 Member

I have a 2000 F-150 that is my daily driver. I get about 18-20mpg locally (with a Triton V-8). Personally, I'm lucky in that I don't have to commute (I work out of my home) and only have to fill up maybe twice a month at best. Truck wise, the F-150 gets OK gas mileage. In addition to this group I also belong to www.f-150online.com which is a very good site. They frequently have several hundred people online at any given time. I post there under the same user name. If you have any questions, they're a great bunch of people.

'05 Sonic Blue GT w/ '07 V8 engine, 5-sp, IUP, Beige leather interior, nothing else -
just the way I wanted it. (1 of 113)
OK, so I've added a few things to it. Check my Profile - too many to list here.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Do you F-150 owners know where I can find a tuner (such as SCT XCal2) for the 5.4L Triton V8 for an F-150? Now remember, I excet the mileasge to be worse in the truck, but then again I was only getgtign 22 mpg in the Fusion, and in my opinion, the F-150 is so much nicer of a vehcile thgan the Fusion. Oh well, if anyone does know of a tuner fo rthe F-150, 5.4L V8, please let me know.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Anyways, just thought I would share with you all. Hope you all are enjoying your Labor Day weekend.
Wow , Congrats !!! The F-150 is an awesome truck. IMO , great move ...& trucks are practical besides retaining way more value. Post some pics when you get a chance .

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
V6 Member
S197 Member

congrats on the new ride. stay in touch and post some pics
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Off topic, sorry for all the mispellings in my last post, I am not the best typist to begin with, but when I type a post after enjoying a Labor Day BBQ (and some beer) and I am tired, my typing gets really bad.

I will post a few pics real soon. I must admit, she is a fine ride. Okay so maybe the prices at the pump may make me grumble, but money is not everything and in all reality, my Fusion was not doing me any favors with only 22 mpg.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Do you F-150 owners know where I can find a tuner (such as SCT XCal2) for the 5.4L Triton V8 for an F-150? Now remember, I excet the mileasge to be worse in the truck, but then again I was only getgtign 22 mpg in the Fusion, and in my opinion, the F-150 is so much nicer of a vehcile thgan the Fusion. Oh well, if anyone does know of a tuner fo rthe F-150, 5.4L V8, please let me know.
diablosport makes a predator for it. same price as the stang predator. no, you cant use your stang predator on the truck. different interface. i had the idea of buying a stang one, uploading a tune for the truck and the stang, unlocking it from one to install onto the other (since stang is a weekend cruiser mostly anyhow, i wouldnt need a tune in it all the time). but i was informed by a vendor of Diablosport that my idea wouldnt work because of the cable. he also informed me that the F150's economy cant be changed very drammatically. he said i might get 1 mpg better mileage, if even that. he stated that tunes on the F150 did more for HP and towing than anything else, and that the computer on the truck left little room for economy improvements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page