Dilema! Chance to get a Ford GT but would mean giving up the Shelby and Saleen! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Why would you pay 150k for Ford quality..I don't care how fast it is. I agree with nghtrnnr...get a FERRARI!

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

get the GT and come get me and take me for a ride. then get the Shelby and come back and take me for another ride.

1988 Mustang GT not stock. it's NOSty!!! 343 HP 458 TRQ

Daddy's little girl, Shelby Elisabeth arrived on December 8, 2009 at 1:26 am - 8 lbs 8 oz. According to the tests, she is 100% PURE SUGAR!
Apprentice

it's a freaking supercar for god's sake. then again if you aren't happy with the color you won't be happy with the car. i have a tungsten mustang so i'd love it.

2007 Performance White Mustang GT - "Lucy"

-Dark IUP, Shaker 500, Leather
-SHR louvers, CDC Classic, GT/CS rear fascia
-XCal2 w/93 race tune from BamaChips
-FRPP GTAs, FRPP Xpipe, Hurst w/white shift knob

SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
okay, I got it...get both the Shelby AND the GT and give me the one you like the least.
S197 Member

Do it, then invite us over so we can all drool on it.
V6 Member

Why are you on this forum asking that, i may have to call bs here...
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
Why are you on this forum asking that, i may have to call bs here...

I have enjoyed his post over the past year and enjoyed following his GT being customized. He doesn't spout B/S.
V6 Member

ok then
S197 Member

I wouldn't do unless your completely happy with the color.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlik3
ok then
LOL :hihi: Come on over to Sugar Land and I'll take you for a ride in my Shelby
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
here ya on that my friend. feel dang lucky to have what i have.
You know GTNOS, you're absolutely right... Sure we'd all like to have more $ but I am generally happy with what I've got. And if someone else has the means to buy a $150,000 car, who are we to tell the guy what to do.

1965 Mustang Coupe
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0scoops123
Why would you pay 150k for Ford quality..I don't care how fast it is. I agree with nghtrnnr...get a FERRARI!

I think most of this car is built by Saleen, or it may be Roush. Your typical UAW person does not have much to do with it. Any supercaris going to have high maintenance.

Again my vote is go for it.

Ordered 4/26/05. Picked up June 11, 2005. 05 Mustang GT Premium Coupe, 5spd, Performance White, with red accent leather (ICAP), Shaker 500, IUP, active alarm, side airbag, spoiler delete. MODS: Baltimore Street Mods 10' red stripes and red rocker stripe. window tint. K & N aircharger. Pony Package fender emblems. Added 18" Polished Alum. Bullitts Hurst comp shifter
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
okay, I got it...get both the Shelby AND the GT and give me the one you like the least.
Aw crap I had the Parnelli Jones pegged for you ..Oh well

No offense to the Ferrari Fans, of which I used to be a major one , ...but ..unless it's an Enzo or a vintage like the Daytona Spyder ...kinda bored w/the style...(I Know Blasphemy) ...Ditto on the Lambo's ....The stangs are fine in tungsten...too bad the GT's didn't have some red accent on the inside...to offset the tombstone exterior ....Honestly if it was white w/blue stripes ...or the heritage color ...would have just posted the GT when It got here....but hey I enjoy all the varying POV's ...BTW ...like most domestics ...no question they are chintzy in allot of area's but to me it's part of the charm...Look @ all the old Muscle cars & crazy $$$ they go for not to mention what Original GT40's, A/C Cobra's ..Hemi's ...Boss 429's etc..those cars were downright deplorable in so many area's ...yet collectors "pony" up big $$$$ for them

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboz
Aw crap I had the Parnelli Jones pegged for you ..Oh well
because I have your back...I will help you out and take the PJ...see what friends do for friends!!! This way you can still have your Shelby convertible, the GT supercar and I will make a home for the Grabber Orange PJ...it is a win-win situation...just remember, I got your back like that :hihi:
GT Member
S197 Member

again I'll say it to be more clear, the reason you are getting a 'deal' on this fine car is because of it's color. No person in their right mind would have a GT in that color, it's just not right IMHO.

and ps. you don't take a car like this and paint it

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page