Dilema! Chance to get a Ford GT but would mean giving up the Shelby and Saleen! - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Take the GT, paint it lime green, then put flame and bullet hole decals all over it, along with a massive red R on the hood.

You'll make peoples heads explode.

My serious advice, however, would be stay with your PJ and Shelby. They're very nice cars- I like them better than the GT- and honestly, nobody needs a supercar. One wreck and you'd be screwed. Hell, if it were me, I'd just get the PJ, paint it black, and put the rest of the money in the bank.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

pumpdoc said it best twice. dont care if you take it to the best painter in the world...you dont repaint a car like this....I'd have to think it would cut the price in half makin it even a better deal....if ya could sell it. but then again I'd buy a white GT with blue stripes for 75,000

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

Rest Assured the car would not suffer through ANY mods. Least of which would be a color change ! Good Lord The only thing I'd change (that I could afford to anyway) would be the oil , oil filter & other such service doo dahs.

As for color ....geesh pumpdoc , that was Harsh (but honest) on the Tungsten .

You can probably tell, I'm really trying to have this color win me over....in fact .. how the marketing guru's @ ford sell it : ( so let's hear a little Tungsten GT Love !!

Tungsten Silver highlights Ford GT design details:

To commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Ford's first win at Le Mans, the 2006 Ford GT will be offered in a limited-edition Tungsten Silver, which replaces Quick Silver on the Ford GT's color palette. A Quick Silver racing stripe can be added to the Tungsten Silver package.

Tungsten Silver was developed for the 2004 North American International Auto Show Ford "Performance Trilogy" show cars - the Ford GT, the Shelby Cobra roadster concept and the new 2005 Mustang GT. Customer demand was so overwhelming that the color was added to the production palette.

"There's good contrast between the colors," says Camilo Pardo, chief designer of the Ford GT. "But it's a discreet contrast. In Tungsten Silver, the Ford GT is really dressy, like a fine suit. It looks mature.

"This dark silver color also brings out all the design features and the subtleties of the car," he adds. "In fact, people who've seen it thought we'd added a feature line around the side of the car. It's always been there, but you may not notice it in the car's other colors. The Tungsten Silver really brings it out."

Pardo notes that in the design studio, clay models are covered with "Dynoc" material that is a similar hue to Tungsten silver. The color is specifically designed to enhance the vehicle design details for evaluation.

"We use silver to evaluate our designs throughout the whole process," he says. "It brings out the subtleties, the returns and the negatives, the differences between horizontal and vertical surfaces."

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....

BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I am a big fan of Tungsten. looks even better when acented with anothe color. thing is ..bet you wont see many GTs that color I'd have to say.....go for it!

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
GT Member
S197 Member

Harsh, harsh? painting a car with this kind of history Tungsten is harsh. You never see this car in a Ford sponsored display in that color, the last 2 TPC's Ford sponsored Golf tourneys had GT's on display for the word to see and they weren't tungsten.......................

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"

Reminds me of Eleanor somehow.
Apprentice

grey supercar ?

Firstly I love the tungsten / quicksilver combo on the Mustang as you can see from my gallery ! However, I have seen a tungsten / quicksilver GT40 in the Legacy Ford dealership when I collected my car last December. Whilst it looked quite smart, I'm not sure if it really suited this style of car and the red one they had in the showroom 2 month prior definately looked better. Maybe if the interior had been red (like the Mustang option) it would have looked better, but it was black and a bit dull. Actually Ford's comments about the GT40 being 'dressed in the suit' is probably true - but there lays the problem - most poeple dont want a GT40 in a fine suit !

Its a great colour for 'normal' cars, but a mid-engined, 2 seater 'supercar' in metallic grey, something not quite right here.

My only advice would be to try to see the car in the flesh then you will be better positioned to make a decision, if colour is you main concern.

06 GT Tungsten with quicksilver stripes, Prem with red interior, FSAB, stickshift. Lightning Performance 62mm TB, WMS CAI with Ram Air box, Kooks Long Tube headers, X-pipe and Magnaflow back system. Diablo Predator tuner. Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks, Eibach Sportline springs, BMR adj panhard. Stern ST-1 Beast 20" x 8.5" & 9.5" staggered wheels in Hyperblack with Nitto 555s, 255/35 & 275/35. 12" Phat antenna.
PONY Member
S197 Member

If ya gotta ask............

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
Rookie

I'd get an 06 z06 and throw in a cam, intake, exhaust and enjoy...

13 GT Base
12 ZX14r
12 Super Tenere
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I'm sorry but the vett is about as ugly as they come. who wouldn't want a GT. that car is sexy.

1988 Mustang GT not stock. it's NOSty!!! 343 HP 458 TRQ

Daddy's little girl, Shelby Elisabeth arrived on December 8, 2009 at 1:26 am - 8 lbs 8 oz. According to the tests, she is 100% PURE SUGAR!
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
No brainer, the GT. Its collectable, its a super car, will hold its value, it's exclusive.

Plenty of people have Saleens and the Shelby isnt going to be that limited of a run anyway.

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONECOLD
No brainer, the GT. Its collectable, its a super car, will hold its value, it's exclusive.
uhh, you forgot to include "it's bada$$"

2006 Tungsten GT 5 speed -Hurst | C & L CAI, | Predator running 91 torque tune (91 race for track)-BAMA. | MAC Boomtubes | FRPP 4.10s|Kaenan 3in cowl hood.

2006 F150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4 Black- 5.4, Hellbent Steel 2.5 level with 35x12.5x20 toyo m/ts on blk XD Hoss wheels, roll up tonneau, Gotts CAI, predator 91 performance tune.

Wifes Ride: 2013 Explorer XLT 2.0 Ecoboost. Stock as stock can be, but hey... on the bright side... she has a turbo!
Rookie

Buy it, if not pass the deal on to me.
THAT will be a collectable. The Shelby? Likely not.

2006 Mustang GTeluxe Coupe, IUP, 17" Bullits, Red Leather Trim Interior, 5-Spd, spoiler delete.

Mods: SLP LM exhaust, 4:10 gears, CDC Ducktail, CDC chin spoiler, Shelby Stripes, Razzi window scoops, 18" Deep Dish bullets, Billet a/c knobs, Redline arm rest and shift boor, MRT shift knob, chrome fuse box cover, "Pony" trunk lid cover, stailsteel tail light bezels, window tint, Pony fender badges, Plenum cover, Billet door locks, C&L CAI w/ Bamachip's Tunes .
GT Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to STONECOLD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNOS
uhh, you forgot to include "it's bada$$"
Right you are Mr. GTNOS, its's bada$$! lol

1995 Mustang GT 5.0
BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Pro-M Optimizer, BBK 70mm TB, GT-40 Intake, 24# Injectors, AFR 165's, 1.7 Roller rockers, Crane 2040 cam (E-303) BBK Equal Length headers, BBK O/R X-pipe, Flowmaster American Thunder 2 Chambers. FMS 3.73 Gears, Lentech AODE 2800 stall, BBK 255lph Fuel Pump, BBK Fuel Pressure Regulator. MSD 6AL, Steeda UDP's, FMS Aluminum drive shaft, Autologic chip Larocca tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page