Mustang Triple Threat - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Talking Mustang Triple Threat

Yes, I too succumbed to the 0% financing! My son will be getting his driver's license soon, and he needs a reliable car to drive to community college. So we gave our 13 year old car to some good friends and my son will now drive a V6 2006 Mustang. So now we have three S197 Mustangs! I can't believe it but my wife was cool with it too. My son passed the state driver's ed course with flying colors, and driving is pretty easy where we live. He is out in the driveway with the car right now, adjusting his my color and stereo. Ha ha. Now this car is in my wife's name, and it's our car but we're letting him drive it. It's a V6 automatic Tungsten Grey, and he loves the color, which is cool because he wasn't there when we picked out. Check it out below.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Triple Threat.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	19339  

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

WOW a little ovet the top but congrats to the kid, and nice stable thre

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006

I wish my parents did something like that thats pretty sweet my parents wont even let me buy the one i want if i pay for it...but thats cool for you guys looks great hope he has fun with it...and the gray is pretty nice color!!!

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
nghtrnnr

lol...they better have your familys picture hangin up in that dealership!!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

TOO COOL! Congrats!

Can life get any better????
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

He doesn't have his licence yet and he gets to drive a new 'Stang? Hope the kid has a 4.0+ gpa and is.............sorry this is just wrong, his first car should be a little more of a beater. That's just me.................

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006
S197 Member

ah "pumpdoc", many being silent agree with you.

"My son will be getting his driver's license soon, and he needs a reliable car to drive to community college". I would think a house might have been a better investment for he will need a place to live and real estate would more than likely appreciate.

I found out personally, you have to be careful what you post in these Forums.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006
V6 Member
S197 Member

I got my 2005 Mustang V6 before I had either my permit or license! I got it January '05. I got my permit June '05 and then my license June '06. From a first-hand view, it sure taught me a TON of responsibility and really made me grateful for all my parents do for me. You can ask any person I know "who takes care of their car more than anyone else?".. they'll all say me. I'm fanatical. It also taught me to be a better driver because I am much more cautious about little things that most kids with beaters arent.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006
S197 Member

I'm glad my 16 year old son doesn't read this forum
S197 Member

Some kids are just lucky! I hope he takes care of it..
S197 Member

My dad surprised me when I was 17 with a yellow GT vert, but I also had to partially share it with my sister. It was really awesome but I was always somewhat disappointed that it was automatic and I probably would've chosen black instead of yellow but hey I wasn't going to complain about a brand new Mustang GT.. obviously, I cherished that car and it was always gleaming. It was also the fastest ride in school other than this other guys SVT Lightning and then another dude got an 03 Cobra later on. Damn.. it already seems like a long time ago now that I think about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0032.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	956.9 KB
ID:	19355  
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-06-2006 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8
ah "pumpdoc", many being silent agree with you.

"My son will be getting his driver's license soon, and he needs a reliable car to drive to community college". I would think a house might have been a better investment for he will need a place to live and real estate would more than likely appreciate.

I found out personally, you have to be careful what you post in these Forums.
Hey guys, I'm from NY, so I'm a little more thick skinned than average! Say what you want! I know when you post something like this, of course you are going to get all kinds of responses. I too read the posts about the girl getting the GT500, too much power, the parents are idiots, yada yada yada. I agreed that the higher horsepower for a younger driver was not a good idea. It's kind of a traditional thing with me, in that my first car at 16 was a '65 straight 6cyl Mustang. Of course it was a lot older and cheaper then! And yes, his GPA is really high(he will be a junior in H.S., yet in college already-cool), and he will be an Eagle Scout soon, although neither of those were a requirement. But being responsible is. So far that has been the case with both my children. (I have an older daughter in college out of state). The car is not an investment(not many are), but will be a better mode of transport than the much older car we used to have, so I'm good with that(Don't know of any homes for $20K?). He knows he'll be paying any tickets, and if he gets a speeding ticket we have a Dodge Durango he'll drive for a while as he thinks about what he's done(he hates that thing!). Of course he really cares about the Mustang, and I think he wouldn't do anything to jeopardize his use of it. I've already mentioned to him the bumper sticker you can put on your car that says, "How's my driving?" and gives a phone number for the parents! But so far I can't bring myself to slap a bumper sticker on the beautiful Mustang! We'll see how it goes.

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
PONY Member
S197 Member

I'm just glad I don't have a 16 year old !

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970coupe
I wish my parents did something like that thats pretty sweet my parents wont even let me buy the one i want if i pay for it...but thats cool for you guys looks great hope he has fun with it...and the gray is pretty nice color!!!
Yea im 17, wish my parents would buy me a new mustang. Hell, last year for christmas all i asked for was for my parents to LET ME BUY a old 98 sixbanger mustang with MY MONEY. He won't even reliaze what he has... sorry, but i'm going to laugh when he wrecks it.
S197 Member

nice way to surprise your son, but how good is he exactly doin? coz if he's some kind of a nerd, then i think it's a bad idea, just the thought of a nerd lookin guy drivin a stang is way too funny, he would be the talk of campus thou lol
I agree with the guys, your first car should never be a stang. nice stable thou, congrats man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page