Makes Me Feel 20 Years Old Again - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

Makes Me Feel 20 Years Old Again

I just got my 07 Gt on 8/31 Grabber Orange, Saleen super charger, 18 inch wheels, 5speed, 355 rear. I have been working since I got it yesterday was my first day off, so driving I went. It is a magnet for looks I mean every where you go people stop and stare. I actually put my head down sometimes I am not used to this. People come right up to you and start talking like I have known them all my life. The dealer did tell me this was going to happen,he was right. Any way listen to this, car is parked is auto store lot I am standing on the side walk a van backs up and is looking at my car he wacks a telephone pole so hard it jolts him into the steering wheel of the van, he goes foward gets out and has my ear for 10 minutes and than goes, he never said a word about hitting the pole. I have had people stand around the car and just stare at it. I even had a camaro stop the flow of traffic and let me out a parking lot I gave it a chirp and he did like wise. As soon as I get a camera pictures will be posted. I did clay bar the car, it has 169 miles on it already I am thinking about a dyno tune and loud mouths but I have to think about that for a while. The car is already more than I ever thought it would be.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
nghtrnnr

congrats mick. it came with a supercharger? then i wouldnt dyno it...i wouldnt even do the loudmouths...it sounds perfect already

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
GT Member
S197 Member

I had the dealer put the supercharger I also had the upgrade kit done to it. Bigger maf, bigger injectors, underdrive pully, all under warranty to! First i was thinking about borla exhaust than I read about these loud mouth exhaust. The dyno tune is not that much money and I have read on this site it makes a difference, the horse power right now is around 475 ( on paper). The car feels fine right now, I have to think about this for a for a while. The car has less than 200 miles on it I only use it when I am off.

07 GT. Exterior mods n/a. Engine mods, see profile.
One of the more powerful cars around.
One of the slower cars around.
Makes me feel like a kid every time.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
S197 Member

Isnt that normal in NJ to hit a telephone pole and act like nothing happened.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
J&D
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatLadder26
Isnt that normal in NJ to hit a telephone pole and act like nothing happened.
You're not right HazMat!!
On the other hand I'm ROTFL..

2005 GT Premium, windveil blue, silver GT-style painted stripes, BBK CAI and Shorty Headers, Cat-back Bassani exhaust system. SCT Performance Tune. 20" Shelby Razor wheels,14" eradi-speed rotors, Tokico DSpec shocks, steeda sportlite springs, BMR suspension bars.

Member MCOH
Member MCA
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Get used to the stares, nods and thumbs up. People really
like these cars! Congrats on your GT.

Can life get any better????
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by white angel
Get used to the stares, nods and thumbs up. People really
like these cars! Congrats on your GT.
An dont forget the occasional middle finger from those jealous types

1965 Mustang Coupe
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlwagon
An dont forget the occasional middle finger from those jealous types
LOL That was too funny :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Can life get any better????
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
S197 Member

Or the occasional guy that will break your nuts on the highway, or cut you off and shower you with road debris.

I swear the other day some guy in a parking lot was looking at the car so hard he almost forgot to turn the wheel into his parking spot. He was heading right for the car, then woke up and turned.

I am in NJ though, so that might explain it. Some people hear just cant drive, or speak and be understood, or write, or cross at corners, etc. I have to drive about 20 minutes to get out of the chaos and out of my area.
BOSS Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

congrats Mick! thats a awesome ride! I know what ya mean ...almost gets old after a while from all the looks.

Saleen S/C 3.2 pulley. Chris Rose tune.

Hot Rod cams, GT500 pumps, CHE goodies on the rear, 4.10's, KOOKS/ O/R X pipe with PYPES Violators, Spydershaft, TCI 3500 stall, PA deep tranny pan. Meziere w/p,M&H 325/45/17 DRs.
S/[email protected]/[email protected]
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thumbs up

The bodystyle,color and performance make the car really sweet.I don't have the S/C on my GO Mustang but it does turn heads where ever you go.Even the Vette guys complimented the color of the car .I met them on a rally in the mountains.
Congrats on getting the GO Mustang,I know you will have many happy cruizin' days ahead.Poco

98'GT Rio Red
Loaded opts. from the factory
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Do not forget the occassional Prius driver who will either man up against you or look at you with disgust for driving a gas guzzling muscle car...how dare you you suck up the natural resources of the world to drive you car....lol. My thought is you have a nice ride, enjoy it. With your color and supercharger, I may have to wipe the drool off my own chin.
Rookie
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
I had the dealer put the supercharger I also had the upgrade kit done to it. Bigger maf, bigger injectors, underdrive pully, all under warranty to! First i was thinking about borla exhaust than I read about these loud mouth exhaust. The dyno tune is not that much money and I have read on this site it makes a difference, the horse power right now is around 475 ( on paper). The car feels fine right now, I have to think about this for a for a while. The car has less than 200 miles on it I only use it when I am off.
The Borlas sound really good. They look great too! I love them!

2011 Mustang GT coupe that squeaks and has a garbage driver.
5.0L Member

Congrats Mick! Do you have any pictures? Grabber Orange is a cool color.

scout
PONY Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to AFStang
A few months ago I was driving on a main road through Colorado Springs, and I glanced in the side-view mirror only to find the local po-po. Even though I did nothing wrong, I just felt like he was going to pull me over. Much to my suprise, he speeds up, and I find its a very cute blonde officer. She promptly gave the thumbs up to my car... meanwhile, traffic in her lane quickly slowed, and she wasnt paying attention! She nearly rear-ended the large pickup in front of her as she noticed at the last second. As funny as it was, it was a good ego boost!!!

*2005 Mustang GT- Torch Red, IUP, Shaker 500, MyColor, JLT II CAI w/Brenspeed Tune, SLP L/M's, BBK T/B, Steeda UDPs, Shaker hood, B2 hood/pins,18x9.5 GT500 replicas, CDC Chin Spoiler, Roush 1/4 window louvers, 8" antenna, honeycomb blackout, MWA mirror covers, Sequential TL's, black LED projector H/L's, H/L splitters, Ducktail, Hurst equipped....

*1969 Camaro SS with 454

2000 Camaro Z-28, heavily modified
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page