Absolute waste of a Shelby... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Absolute waste of a Shelby...

Any Country music fans out there? Remember who Billy Gilman is? One-hit-wonder at the ripe old age of 11. Saw a show on CMT this past weekend and I just wanted to puke! The little kid is now 16. The show was how he's trying to update his image and they were talking about how he's into cars and one of his greatest pleasures is driving his....you guessed it....2007 black/gold Shelby. 16 for crying out loud!!! Something just ain't right with this picture....

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Well on that same note, I love LeAnne Rhimes, but I still disagree with her getting a Viper at the age of 16. Eithe rcar is just too much power for an inexperienced driver. It is amazing what money can do, heh?

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
Well on that same note, I love LeAnne Rhimes, but I still disagree with her getting a Viper at the age of 16. Eithe rcar is just too much power for an inexperienced driver. It is amazing what money can do, heh?
No kidding! I just wonder what values their parents are actually teaching them by allowing it. You know they have no respect for the car (power and otherwise). Course if the parents didn't, the kids would just sue them or something, right?

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Probably true. Nothing sucks worse than a 16 year old kid celebrity who thinks his/her money is his/hers. The problem is that legally speaking, anyone under 18 can not own anything. Therefore, legally speaking, the money a child celebrity makes actually does belong to the parents, hence why a few of the parents in histroy have totally screwed the child out his/her money (look and Gary Coleman of Diff'rnt Strokes). the the kid gets all butt hurt and sues the parent for emancipation, then he goes and buys himself an over powered toy cause he can. I just hope this Billy does not become another statisic where kid meets too much power.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
nghtrnnr

yeah but when i was 16 i "stole" my dads vintage thunderbird for a joyride...so i have to say i envy the kid...which one of us at the that age wouldnt have killed for one of our own...he's livin one of my old dreams
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
Banned

that is not a waste of a car...this is a waste of a car...
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/Detailed/2079.shtml
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I'd rather have my GT. More potential for us to build better vehicles than the GT500. I want to keep it forever, if I can, and maybe hand it down to my kids. But, by that time, I should've gotten to mod it up and it might be in the 400+ hp range, so I'm not sure if I'd do that. Prolly just get him a crappy Kia Rio or something.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister
Saw something VERY similar to that at the Arthritis Show in Dublin this past summer. Takes all kinds, I guess!

Quote:
I'd rather have my GT. More potential for us to build better vehicles than the GT500. I want to keep it forever, if I can, and maybe hand it down to my kids. But, by that time, I should've gotten to mod it up and it might be in the 400+ hp range, so I'm not sure if I'd do that. Prolly just get him a crappy Kia Rio or something.
I get ya. Pretty sure I'm just 'selfish' enough to say 'hands off!' for the 2 Mustangs I currently have, but I'd be all for buying 'em a 'beater' v6 to mod. Might teach them a few values in regards to cost/money, time, etc. I know it meant more to me to work with my Dad on my 1st car and make it what I wanted. (although I did manage to wreck it a few times that first year - but then I had to help put it back together!!).

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
S197 Member

"fordgrl99" - somewhere on these posts this morning I read about a guy who bought his 13 year old, who will be driving soon, an 06 convertible.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8
"fordgrl99" - somewhere on these posts this morning I read about a guy who bought his 13 year old, who will be driving soon, an 06 convertible.
Ouch. Like I said before, takes all kinds. I'm pretty middle-class, so not 'poor' exactly, but I'm sure I can find better things to spend my $ on!! Just seems like if they're throwing it away, could they throw some my way?!

nghtrnnr

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageV8
now THATS a waste...by a 13 yr old a car? he or she she wont be driving for a few years at best...and i'm sure that they'll be a better car by then...or at least one that will be "cooler" for the kid
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister

Thanks for making me puke!!!

'06---GT Deluxe 'Casper" IUP, shaker 500, auto, 17" bullitts, white/light graphite

retro '69 351 hood an scoop

"Hello America, you sick twisted freaks"
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordgrl99
Any Country music fans out there? Remember who Billy Gilman is? One-hit-wonder at the ripe old age of 11. Saw a show on CMT this past weekend and I just wanted to puke! The little kid is now 16. The show was how he's trying to update his image and they were talking about how he's into cars and one of his greatest pleasures is driving his....you guessed it....2007 black/gold Shelby. 16 for crying out loud!!! Something just ain't right with this picture....

Maybe it's only the Hertz Shelby. Those come in black and gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think the GT500 comes in that color combo.

2005 GT Premium Convertible, Redfire, Parchment top. 5-speed manual, Shaker 1000, Flowmasters.

I sort of like how my situation worked out. I split cost on an 05 V6 when I was 16, which is enough horsepower for me, even at 18. I can drive this car until the engine wears out, and instead of buying a new car, I'll just drop a 5.0 cammer in. I'm not even going to waste money on performance mods for this car because of that. A tune might be the only thing I do.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRunner
Maybe it's only the Hertz Shelby. Those come in black and gold. I may be wrong, but I don't think the GT500 comes in that color combo.
You are correct, at least from the dealer. When it's yours, I guess you can paint it any color you want.

Peace....The MadMan :smoke:
Current: 2008 Tjaarda 350T
K&N CAI - Eibach Springs|Baer 14 Zinc Coated, Slotted & Drilled Rotors|6-Piston Front Calipers|GT Legends with Nitto NT-555 255/35ZR20 Front and 275/35ZR20 Rear|Custom side exhaust|Molded Front Fascia|Hood|Carbon Fiber Rocker Panels|Lower Side Scoops|Rear Fascia|4 Ion Crystal Fog Lamps|2.5 PIAA Extreme White Driving Lights
Sold: 2006 Premium Tung Grey GT - 5 speed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page