Looking for a little sympathy... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Looking for a little sympathy...

I know it's nowhere as bad as some have experienced on here, but I just found my very first dent!! And I can't figure out just how the heck it happened. It's a dime-size dent toward the rear, just above the driver's door window (in that little stretch of metal between the window and roof). I mean, what the... How did I get a dent there?! And she's only 8 months old! Guess it had to happen sometime....

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member

Damn, sorry to hear that. Maybe some kids playing ball or something? Do you have a DentWizard in your area? They do a good job and should be able to fix it at an affordable price rather than taking it to a body shop.

2005 Black GT with Red upgrade interior, fully tinted, 18's with ASA/BBS 5 spoke studded wheels, Michelin Pilots, Borla S-Type catbacks, K&N FIPK cold air injection system.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
nghtrnnr

someone threw a rock...either at it or at someone near it...same thing happened to my neighbor on her new truck...i saw it when it happened...i was walking in my place and saw these kids running and laughin and one of em picked up a rock and threw it...not really at anything but it hit her truck and her alarm went off...they saw me and took off running away...looked at her truck and saw quarter sized dent it...paint broken and all....probably same happened to you cause a ball wouldnt leave a dime sized dent...kids are a ***** sometimes

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
I discovered two small dents on the left rear quarter panel of the my now traded-in Fusion...and gee no one knew where they came from. I noticed them after picking the car up from the dealer after getting some warranty work done. I feel ya, those dents are aggravating. Do check for a paintless dent repair in your area, for a Dentwizard (or soemthing similar) should only charge $75-$100 to repair a dent of that size, cheaper than a body shop.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
SHELBY GT 500 Member

I got a stone chip in my windshield the first week

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
GT Member
S197 Member

I had my first dent repaired when I worked at a Toyota dealership. It was on the frame line of the car and caused a bit of warping to the panel. It needed micropainting done, but since I was tight with the body shop manager, I got it all done for $75.

Now, I've got a tiny dent like yours on my driver side panel just to the right of my door handle, obvious little door ding. The body shop guy said it would be $50 to fix, but I can't spend $50 on something you can barely see right now.

I gotta get my door fixed under warranty first.... stupid dealership.

2019 GT - Velocity Blue with Black Accent Package
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Yeah, like ya'll have said - I'm planning on locating a DentWizard. Just seems like one thing after another....the little things add up to a real pita.

2006 Deluxe GT. 5-spd. Black w/Dk. Charcoal cloth. IUP. Shaker 500. 8" stripes painted "satin grey effect".

1966 Sprint 200 coupe - Wimbledon White/red metal flake, red interior. 92,000 miles. 3rd owner (since 1989).
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
S197 Member

"The cookies just don't add up"
Your right its one thing after another.
Life sucks sometimes.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page