Bill Ford steps down from CEO of Ford - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Bill Ford steps down from CEO of Ford

WOW...Ford's financial woes continue. I just heard that Ford lost $254 million for the 2nd quarter...ouch that has got to hurt. As a result, Bill Ford, direct decendent of Henry Ford, is stepping down as CEO of Ford. Being replaced by the President from Boeing. Things that make you go hhhmmmm....

mrvandermey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
roboz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 386
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
WOW...Ford's financial woes continue. I just heard that Ford lost $254 million for the 2nd quarter...ouch that has got to hurt. As a result, Bill Ford, direct decendent of Henry Ford, is stepping down as CEO of Ford. Being replaced by the President from Boeing. Things that make you go hhhmmmm....
Yowza..Maybe we'll get some fins back !

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Finned.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	19349  

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
roboz is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Kyle F's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 3,067
 
Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Oh, I am sure he will stay on as a Borad member and probably still make the most money off Ford as anyone in the building. I mean he didn't take a salary for the last 3 years or something, but he has to still live somehow.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
Kyle F is offline  
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
iplaydat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: South Jordan
Posts: 241
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvandermey
WOW...Ford's financial woes continue. I just heard that Ford lost $254 million for the 2nd quarter...ouch that has got to hurt. As a result, Bill Ford, direct decendent of Henry Ford, is stepping down as CEO of Ford. Being replaced by the President from Boeing. Things that make you go hhhmmmm....
Whoa Horsey! And I have friends that work at Boeing, so who is their President? Looks like I better go to some other Internet site besides the Mustang forum!

Good thing I got my stangs now!

08 Roush 427R GT Torch Red Premium
Painted Side Mirror Covers
100% Roush synthetic oil
06 V6 Vert Premium w/Pony Package
iplaydat is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Apparently, Allan Mulally, a former Vice President and President of Boeing is the new replacement, and Bill Ford does stay on as Chairman of the Board...so he is not ousted, just stepping down from the head position.

Bill Ford and his family still own a 40% share of the voting stock in Ford. He is the great-grandson of Henry Ford.
mrvandermey is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
roboz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 386
 
Was checking out Ford Stock

After Hours: 8.78
+0.39 (4.65%)
Last Trade:8.39

Now might be a good time to take a chance.
Don't think they are going anywhere.
Worst case , govt bails them out like they did to Chrysler (hopefully)

Pity they can't build a camry type car after 100 years ...considering the taurus used to be a best seller...they milked & incentivized it to death...That car should have been the camry/accord for Ford.

PS- if Gas dropped a buck ...all the domestics would be back in black cause small cars blow LOL !

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
roboz is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
PONY Member
4.6L Member
 
jasons99gt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2002
Location: Marysville
Posts: 554
 
Send a message via Yahoo to jasons99gt
Quote:
Originally Posted by roboz
Was checking out Ford Stock

After Hours: 8.78
+0.39 (4.65%)
Last Trade:8.39

Now might be a good time to take a chance.
Don't think they are going anywhere.
Worst case , govt bails them out like they did to Chrysler (hopefully)

Pity they can't build a camry type car after 100 years ...considering the taurus used to be a best seller...they milked & incentivized it to death...That car should have been the camry/accord for Ford.

PS- if Gas dropped a buck ...all the domestics would be back in black cause small cars blow LOL !

Check out a Fusion. Stop taking pity on Ford and go look at there other products! I hear this everyday. "Why cant you guys build this? Why why why..." Stop listening to the media, visit a showroom and testdrive one of these vehicles. We are kicking alot of them out the door because people are tired of paying 5-10k dollar premiums for a few letters that say "Honda" or "Toyota"

I'm glad I bought a month ago when when it was at 5.90

99gt vert, CAI, Ford Racing Shortie Headers, MAC 2.5in catback, MAC o/r h-pipe, FRPP alum. driveshaft, March underdrive pullies, sct custom dyno tune, eibach pro-kit, bullitt alum pedals, Cobra Brake Kit, Tokico shocks and struts, PIAA bright whites...FRPP 4.10s!
jasons99gt is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
Apprentice
S197 Member
 
Marcus GT's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Argyle
Posts: 208
 
Send a message via AIM to Marcus GT Send a message via MSN to Marcus GT
We, Southwest Airlines, just bought one of Fords airplanes. The flight departments are some of the first to take cuts.

2005 Mustang GT, Black w/ Dark Charcoal interior
IUP, Active-Anti Theft Alarm
Bright Aluminum Wheels w/Locks
Perma Plate, Window Tinting 35/20/5
Molded Splash Guards, Sequential Tail Lights
SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Front License Plate Delete
DFM
Marcus GT is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons99gt
Check out a Fusion. Stop taking pity on Ford and go look at there other products! I hear this everyday. "Why cant you guys build this? Why why why..." Stop listening to the media, visit a showroom and testdrive one of these vehicles. We are kicking alot of them out the door because people are tired of paying 5-10k dollar premiums for a few letters that say "Honda" or "Toyota"

I'm glad I bought a month ago when when it was at 5.90
I dont think people are tired of paying for the premiums for Toyota or Honda cars. Camry is having a record year, and thats without incentives and a higher MSRP, they cant keep those cars on the lots. Honda Civic, honda fit, toyota yaris are selling like hot cakes and all without incentives. The only car company i think is cutting into them is Hyunida....other than that... the BIG 3 hasn't done anything. A local las vegas Hyundai dealer sells 700 cars a month...more than any other major dealer.
sincitystang is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
roboz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 386
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons99gt
Check out a Fusion. Stop taking pity on Ford and go look at there other products! I hear this everyday. "Why cant you guys build this? Why why why..." Stop listening to the media, visit a showroom ..instead of paying 5-10k dollar premiums for a few letters that say "Honda" or "Toyota"
Dude , I paid over 40K (w/tax) in 05 for my Vert & am considering a 157K (Yes that's the price ) Ford GT so I am far from 'clouded by the media' in my decision making . In fact when it comes to my current stang , I never even mentioned problems . Having said that , you are seriously mistaking if you think the Ford Fusion approaches the driving dynamics, quality & refinement of the 07 camry or accord. In fact it's not even in the maxima league.

Hey don't take my word for it , do a little research into resale value. Find ANY ford sedan that comes close to the aformentioned cars. While your @ it ...Compare Lincoln resale to any foreign luxury maker , it's downright embarrassing.

PS- I had the 'good fortune' to have a taurus once as a compnay car ..it was a horrendous, constantly plagued car , in the shop for months @ a time (the BEST part of having one...looking forward to the rental)
This was Ford's best selling car & the country's best selling car for a while . They could have refined it to death to stand out as a benchmark. Instead you have a friggin fusion ? WT Hay ..last I checked that was some type of nuclear reaction, not a car.

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
roboz is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasons99gt
Check out a Fusion. Stop taking pity on Ford and go look at there other products! I hear this everyday. "Why cant you guys build this? Why why why..." Stop listening to the media, visit a showroom and testdrive one of these vehicles. We are kicking alot of them out the door because people are tired of paying 5-10k dollar premiums for a few letters that say "Honda" or "Toyota"

I'm glad I bought a month ago when when it was at 5.90
A Fusion you say...hhhmmmm...I just traded in my '06 Ford Fusion for yes, a Ford F-150. Yes, I am going to get worse gas mileage in the F-150, but let me tell you about the Fusion. I bought it because it is cheaper than the Accord/Camry...but that is the point, it IS cheaper, not just less expensive. I have owned Hondas in the past, and never had quality issues like I had with the Fusion. My Fusion simply did not perform as promised. The gas mileage was over 30% less than claimed (even at the speed limit, using cruise control, good driving habits, other drivers, etc) AND it is the only car I have ever owned that had been in the shop for warranty issues 4 times in 8 months...that is NOT quality. Then too boot, it had 221 hp, only 20 less than the Accord and very close to the Camry, but it also had a 3 second delay when stepping on the gas. The Hondas and Toyotas did not. The extreme throttle lag is not noticeable unless you are already moiving or trying to take off quickly from a dead stop. I grant it is not a race car like our Mustangs, but when you are in traffic and can not pull out because of the throttle lag ro move out of the way when a truck is barreliung down on you...you got problems. Even after being in for warranty work 4 times, I still had 2 gremlins that Ford was never able to fix. In hindsight, I would gladly pay an extra couple thousand dollars for quality and reliability. The Fusion is a nice looking car and has its niche, but NOT and Accord/Camry killer.
mrvandermey is offline  
4.6L Member
 
AirborneVet's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 177
 
I gotta step in and give some credit where it is due. I also own an '06 Fusion in addition to my 'Stang and I think it is an extremely well made car. I compared it to other cars at the same price point (Accord, Camry, etc.) and I think it is a very competitive car. The import sedans I mentioned may have it beat in some respects but they certainly don't beat it hands down. I actually think the Fusion has a quieter and more refined ride quality than either one of them. Either way you look at it, the Fusion is eons ahead of Ford's more recent efforts at a mass-market sedan (Taurus, Contour, etc.), and is definitely the best effort made by any domestic car maker.

If I have any gripe at all it would be about the fuel mileage. I agree with the previous poster, mine doesn't get near what I think it should. I can get 29-30 on the highway but I am lucky to get 20 in the city and mixed-driving. Driving the same roads in the same manner back and forth to work everyday gets me about 20.5. Here's what makes me a little upset - on the same roads I get about 20.5 out of my Mustang to
AirborneVet is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-05-2006 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 500 Member
 
mrvandermey's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 12,243
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneVet
I gotta step in and give some credit where it is due. I also own an '06 Fusion in addition to my 'Stang and I think it is an extremely well made car. I compared it to other cars at the same price point (Accord, Camry, etc.) and I think it is a very competitive car. The import sedans I mentioned may have it beat in some respects but they certainly don't beat it hands down. I actually think the Fusion has a quieter and more refined ride quality than either one of them. Either way you look at it, the Fusion is eons ahead of Ford's more recent efforts at a mass-market sedan (Taurus, Contour, etc.), and is definitely the best effort made by any domestic car maker.

If I have any gripe at all it would be about the fuel mileage. I agree with the previous poster, mine doesn't get near what I think it should. I can get 29-30 on the highway but I am lucky to get 20 in the city and mixed-driving. Driving the same roads in the same manner back and forth to work everyday gets me about 20.5. Here's what makes me a little upset - on the same roads I get about 20.5 out of my Mustang to
I will give credit where credit belongs, although I am not impressed with Fusion, it is better than most other domestics, and with a little effort from Ford, it could be a true competitor for the imports. FORD, if you are listening, actually make the car get close to the gas mileage claimed. I had the V6, it was claimed to get 31 mpg, the best I ever saw was 23. I used my Fusion for just commuting my 50 miles each way, which is virtually all open highway. In town, the car would be lucky to 18, if in-town driving was only a mile or two, the gas mileage would drop like a rock. Remember when Ford had "Quality is Job One", well Ford, go back to that and mean it. If Ford can increase the quality and reliability, deliver on its promises, and keep the car competitive in price, then Ford would have a hit.
mrvandermey is offline  
S197 Member
 
sincitystang's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,235
 
That being said, i know someone who has a new Accord LX sedan that was purchased for 19K, and its a very nice car. It has a 4Cyl engine and it gets high 20's low 30's mixed driving. Car has 50K miles now, and ZERO problems... it hasn't even seen the dealer since the first oil change. If any of the Big 3 can make a car like this....let me know....
sincitystang is offline  
PONY Member
S197 Member
 
roboz's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: Long Island
Posts: 386
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitystang
That being said, i know someone who has a new Accord LX sedan that was purchased for 19K, and its a very nice car. It has a 4Cyl engine and it gets high 20's low 30's mixed driving. Car has 50K miles now, and ZERO problems... it hasn't even seen the dealer since the first oil change. If any of the Big 3 can make a car like this....let me know....
Well they do (did) but it's been a while ...here is a car that would do a steady 20+MPG with a bullet proof slant 6 , ususally good for 150K+ miles...if properly maintained....Plus I'm biased since I picked up a nice little 225 slant 6 1963 Dart GT coupe coming out of paint this week...from the Original Owner ...Black w/Red interior & that infamous push button tranny ....overall car was rock solid for a 43 year old. Maybe The Big 3 should continue to go 'back to the future'.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	64 dart sedan.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	19353  

White GT500 Vert / Blue Stripes- I'm waiting.....
roboz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine overheats while idling... when AC is OFF vbjess V6 Talk 21 10-16-2006 09:50 AM
Ford 9" Rear End Help optic1 V6 Tech 8 08-17-2006 01:26 PM
Ford A, X, D & Z Plans 06GTKING 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 6 07-27-2006 10:30 AM
Ford planning more potent GTR/GT500KR 2008 Mustang? roboz 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 1 07-19-2006 02:02 AM
Ford cracking down on "Mustang" myltlpny 2005-2010 Mustang Talk 3 06-04-2006 09:14 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1