What are you paying for tint jobs? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools

Tint

I had mine done at MR TINT in Columbus Ohio, Paid 179.00 for 35% all around and a lifetime guarantee. I upgraded the tint so it will stay black and not turn that purple color you see with some tints.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006 Thread Starter
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICO13
Basically (in Virginia anyway) you can go as dark as you want
Idaho is the same way. We have no emissions standards and no noise ordinances, except for music and that is only downtown. No limit on how wide you can go on your tires. You don't have to have fender flares to cover them.

When I got my used cars "inspected", it consisted of a deputy walking out to the car and making sure the VIN matched what it said on the title :hihi: . In other words, you could get plates for a scrap of dashboard attached to a cubed-car, on a flatbed. No wheels no tires, no brakes, all fine and dandy.

If any of those things cause a problem, you are on the hook for them, but otherwise, you are simply expected to use your good judgement. I like that. The Californians who move here for the legal freedom are trying to change Idaho into California though.

2006 Black, GT, spoiler delete, five speed, leather, custom welded straight pipes with resonators, sequential turn signals, Hurst Pro Performance shifter. FRPP 4.10s with Motive bearing kit, Spydershaft one piece aluminum driveshaft, w/ Spicer 1330 U-joints, Steeda UCA and LCAs, chrome moly panhard rod. bye bye wheel hop, hello traction! SCT XCalII, BBK CAI, ZEX 100 shot.
I've written a book or two. Google David Buschhorn to laugh at my scribblings.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack
The Californians who move here for the legal freedom are trying to change Idaho into California though.
It is ironic you say that about Californians, for here in Cali, yes we have a smog inspection (every two or three years) and no we can not have our front windows tinted more than 70% (close to factory "smoked" windows) and that is due to CHP officers not liking getting shot at (reasonable). But we can have any of our windows behind the driver as dark as we want to go (hence why I have 5% limo tint). But what we do not have here in Cali is a saftey inspection. At best, the DMV may inspect the VIN and plates and that it is a complete car. Just like where you are at, if anything goes wrong, count on being on the hook for that. For it is the driver's responsibility to have a safe and legal vehicl on the roadways.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICO13
No extra care. They just tell you not to roll the windows down for about two days to let the film adhere correctly. They truly did a great job, no bubbles or peeling or anything. Like I said, it might cost you a bit more but it's worth it when you see the end result.

And my car is black too and with the tint it looks awesome.
extra care would be don't clean windows with any abrasive cleaner...in other words don't use anything with amonia in it or your tint will probably turn purple, which is horrible.

i got mine tinted to 20% which i think is perfect...i'd do the same all around as it looks better than having different levels. check your laws though.

i have recently seen a few scratches in my tint over that last month, when i got it done it has lifetime warranty so i'll be taking it back to get redone. only thing that sucks is waiting a few days until windows can go down.

2005 Mustang V6 Premium (Auto)
Satin Silver / DarkCharchoal / Black Stripes / True Dual Exhaust (GT Take-Offs)
S197 Member

mine was 210 bucks cash only on 2.5% black on 5 windows. I'm getting a 30% tint on the windshield soon
S197 Member

Ok.......I paid $140 for mine, had to be cash. I "did not" get a receipt because I went too dark and not legal for my state. My tint is not legal in NC but is in SC. Oh well I live in NC. Not too worry though. My best friend inspects cars......... Oh yea...........I went pretty dark.......cant see me while driving...........The State troopers dont like that!

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page