Who does the best tuning?? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006 Thread Starter

Question Who does the best tuning??

Hi everyone...Im a new guy here and love the site!! Unsure if this question has been posted/answered before but, Im looking into getting a CAI. Im thinking of either the JLT/SCT combo or the Tuneable Induction/SCT combo. My questions is which tuner is the best. I've heard good things about Brenspeed and Alternative Auto. Which would you guys recomend?? Thanks alot!!:hihi:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Silver Stang
Hi everyone...Im a new guy here and love the site!! Unsure if this question has been posted/answered before but, Im looking into getting a CAI. Im thinking of either the JLT/SCT combo or the Tuneable Induction/SCT combo. My questions is which tuner is the best. I've heard good things about Brenspeed and Alternative Auto. Which would you guys recomend?? Thanks alot!!:hihi:
Best tuners are Brenspeed, Bamachips, and Evolution. I'll probably get Evolution's since he is about 1.5 hours from me and has a dyno. All threee are great I hear, especially with customer service. ALt. Auto is also a good one. Bamachips though seems to be the most talked about, but you can't loose with any of them.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006
Classic Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon
+1... I've run both Bama and Brenspeed tunes with great success. Heard nothing but good reports about the others too.

1965 Mustang Coupe

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006
S197 Member

I like my tune from Evolution . and they are close. to home.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
+1 for Evolution.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006
BOSS Member
S197 Member

I'll probably go with Evolution next spring, mostly cuz I'll get a free dyno run out of the deal. I've been damn curious as to how much HP I'm putting to the ground.

SOLD -2005 Black GT Whipple HO| Oil Seperator | Steeda Tensioner | 93 dyno tune | Autometer Cobalt | GTAs | Eibach Pro-kit | Tokico D-Specs | CHE UCA | BMR PH | BMR LCA | BMR LCA Bracket | 18x9/10 Deep Dish Bullits

2013 Shelby GT500
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-07-2006
PONY Member
S197 Member

+1 For BamaChips. I live in a place where there is no tuner person. Doug was very patient and kept working with me via email until I finally got a tune that made me happy.

'06 GT, manual, Satin Silver, lt. grey cloth int., IUP.
MODIFICATIONS - Goodyear F1 GS-D3s; 245/45 on 18x9, 275/40 on 18x10| Progress Technology springs & sway bars| Steeda adj. panhard bar, panhard brace, front control arm brace & bushings| strut tower brace| Tokico D-Spec dampers| CHE adj. LCAs & BMR relocation brackets |drilled & slotted front rotors| C&L intake| BamaChips SCT tune| FRPP 4.10 ring & pinion| Pypes off road H-pipes| FRPP GTA mufflers.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006

I'm not too sure where in OH you are, but just inside the I-275 loop is MD. Ken does a great job with the TI and Dyno tunes for YOUR car, not just a general tune. I love mine, what a difference. They run a special, check out the site. I think the custom tune (tuned in on their dyno) runs about another 100.00. I can't remember exactly.

http://www.modulardepot.com/
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006
S197 Member

+1 for KenB at MD Motorsports!

Craig
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinciForse
I'm not too sure where in OH you are, but just inside the I-275 loop is MD. Ken does a great job with the TI and Dyno tunes for YOUR car, not just a general tune. I love mine, what a difference. They run a special, check out the site. I think the custom tune (tuned in on their dyno) runs about another 100.00. I can't remember exactly.

http://www.modulardepot.com/
thanks everyone for the great advice! Im in Columbus and will check out modulardepot for tuning..oh yeah, GO BUCKS!!!!!!!
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

You'd be silly not to come down here to see Ken at MD. In house dyno and full data logging. Not only for your initial tune but then you have your 'own personal tuner' who know you and your car within drving distance! Ken is one of the best, a little hidden here in Cincy but known through magazines, race cars (world record cars!) and word of mouth. People drive VERY far to see Ken, even with trailered race carts! Ken is very good but more importantly very safe! You will see no 14.5:1 tunes on street cars tuned at MD! Your motor is more important than that 1 extra HP, sound I'd say! Plus that they are, fun, patient, nice guys over there!

Gotta say; GO Bearcats then... even though I'm a Gator...

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Apprentice
S197 Member

Go Bamachips!!!!

MODS: C&L Racer CAI,SCT Xcal II W/BamaChips Tune, Steeda UDP's, CMCV Deletes, Ultra Lite Springs, Pypes O/R H-Pipe, FRRP Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Shaftmaster 3.5" D/S, Rotorpros X Drilled/Slotted Rotors, BMR LCA's & Relo Brackets, Steeda Adj. Panhard & Panhard support, GMS Swaybar Delete & A-Arm Brace, Prothane Motor Mounts, 255/45/18 BF Goodrich KDW NT's, CDC Shaker Hood, Ducktail Spoiler, Classic Chin Spoiler, 1/4 Louvers and Lot's more Appearance Mods.
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Go Bamachips!!!!
+1 for Doug !!!!!
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via AIM to Kyle F Send a message via Yahoo to Kyle F
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj_cinci
even though I'm a Gator...
You should be a BUCKEYE!

+1 Again for Fred at Evolution.

2006 Mustang GT in Torch Red
C&L Intake, Evolution Performance Tune, Borla Axle Backs, Hurst Shifter, 4.10's, JBA Long Tubes, Prothane Engine Mounts, Steeda UDPs, FRPP Charge Motion Delete Plates

84 Bronco, 302 C6 on 32 10.50's
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle F
You should be a BUCKEYE!

+1 Again for Fred at Evolution.
I'm from Finland... came here in 96, Went to ERAU in Daytona. GF had Florida season tix and that's the way it is... Folks were mad that I went to the games 1000s wanna see and didn't even know the rules... good times!!

KJ, poorer but happier

Thanks to:
Modular Depot
Fox Lake Racing
Tunable Induction
Power House 411
Sun Coast Creations
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page