Ford Mustang Forum banner

Dead Battery/Locked Doors! Advice to open it up, Please.

19K views 84 replies 22 participants last post by  05PONYCAR 
#1 ·
Ok, I did the search and had no luck, but remember reading about someone else with this problem once before.
Here's the deal...

I'm not 100% positive the battery is dead, but I want to be prepared.

I will be driving a little over an hour to get my car out of my brother-in-law's garage where I have "temporarily" stored it during my recent move.

I put a cover over the car after I washed it up and am not sure if I locked it or not.

I am looking for some answers in case it is dead and locked so that I may take the necessary tools with me in order to get the car.

Suggestions appreciated. I think I remember someone jumping it via a wire to a tail light. I'm very apprehensive about that one.

#77 ·
Boy, what a thread...
trickle to the tail light wouldn't work unless the running lights were left on, but a trickle to the trunk light... Oh, forgot about the Body Control Module... Wonder what state it's in when the battery goes dead, A person could cut the top off with a hot saw... Messy... Jack it up and put skate boards under the tires... And oh, by the way, the first egg came from the easter bunny of course!

#79 ·
Like a banana in the tailpipe, but use a pickle?

#80 ·
Kohaku said:
What is a pickle plug?

lol...
"Just trickle and pickle"
It's commonly used in small private airplanes when stored over the winter. They go in where the spark plug would go and obsorb moisture that enters the combustion chamber in order to avoid corrosion.

#81 ·
Commonly used to cap a pickle jar before the invention of screw on lids.

#82 ·
Carwash

GTNOS said:
my dept does vehicle unlocks. a few weeks ago i got called to unlock some teenage girl's car at a gas pump. all doors locked. keys in the ignition, car running. drivers window down about 1/2 way! "oookaay" i said, as i reached through the window and unlocked the car.:rolleyes:

Are these kids really that friggin stupid? how do they get a license in the first place? good thing im not one of the troopers who do the drivers license tests.... id require everyone pass my "dumba$$" test before i even got in a car with them...
My girlfriend's daughter went through a carwash in the winter and the wash broke down half way through. It was so cold out all the doors and windows froze shut and she had to call AAA from her cell phone from inside the car. Not easy to keep a straight face...

#83 ·
"Winter Storage"... What's that??

Heh heh heh heh heh... :jester:

#85 ·
Waxed'05 GT said:
I'm not sure I know what a sand storm looks like!:sterb:

LOL
*LMAO* Neither does my pony... Sand storms are few and far between - we DO have landscaping, ya know? :shigrin

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.